Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Kelce brothers did their podcast in Cincy last week. And it turns out that Travis Kelce lost his Super Bowl ring. They played a game where he put his ring in a sock and put the sock in a pool full of skyline chili. People had to fish around the pool and find the sock with the ring. But as it turns out no one did. Now the ring is lost.
    I don't know if any of you guys know Lord of the Rings, but this reminds me of that part in the first book where they are discussing giving the ring to Tom Bombadil. But, they decide against it because he'd just end up losing it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A story that thus far isn’t confirmed, is that Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Falcons owner how gruff and not easy to hold conversations with Bill Belichick is . His assessment seemed to make the Falcons move on.

New England is denying this…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s/73355323007/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Roman Gabriel, who played for the Rams and Eagles and was the 1969 NFL MVP, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert that the Jets traded Zach Wilson to Denver. Perhaps Sean Payton might be able to do something with Wilson.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that the Jets traded Zach Wilson to Denver. Perhaps Sean Payton might be able to do something with Wilson.
    They basically sent Wilson and a 7th rd pick , to get a 6th rd pick. Payton couldn't really fix Russell Wilson as he bragged he could. No idea if he could do that for Wilson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Matt Ryan announced his retirement after 15 seasons in NFL. He hadn't played since the fall of 2022 and everyone knew he was done after that 1 season stop in Indy. While he'll always be known for the let down Atlanta had in Super Bowl ....he had a very decent NFL career with 62,792 passing yards, 381 touchdowns, 183 interceptions , 4 Pro Bowls and an NFL MVP for one season.

Matty Ice signed a one-day contract with the Falcons so he could retire as a Falcon. Classy guy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They basically sent Wilson and a 7th rd pick , to get a 6th rd pick. Payton couldn't really fix Russell Wilson as he bragged he could. No idea if he could do that for Wilson.
    Well, Russell’s a veteran who was set in his ways and probably wasn’t willing to accept change from any coach at his age. Zach, on the other hand, is younger and might be salvaged.

The fact that Peyton was never really sold on Wilson to start with makes me wonder just how much work he put in with him. He seemed more interested in busting his balls then in really fixing any long term problem.

I would put the blame on that as 50 50. Wilson not really willing to change and Peyton not really wanting to work with a QB he did not want to start with.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Russell’s a veteran who was set in his ways and probably wasn’t willing to accept change from any coach at his age. Zach, on the other hand, is younger and might be salvaged.
    Wilson has the athletic gifts and did get Mahomes comparisons coming out then. If Peyton fixes him , Denver may get a steal here. It’s a big IF on Wilson.

So the NFL Draft is tomorrow. There could be 4-6 QB's go in round #1. There could be 3 QB's that go in the 1st 3 selections ! Its gonna be a very wild day as teams get ready. I'll be at work and try to chime in at times.

My Eagles have the 22nd pick, which means I'd have to wait until at least 10 pm, if not longer before they choose. However, GM Howie Roseman is notorious for not standing pat and could do some work to move up if there's a player on the board he likes. While making picks by need is not Roseman's mantra, the Birds could use help on both sides of the line (after the retirements of C Jason Kelce and DT Fletcher Cox) and the secondary.

Some on YouTube have started posting old NFL Drafts. This is the 1990 draft and its unique for a few reasons....

- Dallas had the 1st overall pick in 1990 , but gave it up to select Steve Walsh (QB) in the supplemental draft. Then the Cardinals were to select 3rd and they too had gave up the 1st rd pick in supplemental draft.

- The busts like George , McCants , Andre Ware and more are interesting. Detroits head scout wanted James Francis (LB) and Fontes over ruled him for Ware. Because Detroit ran a run n shoot system like Ware had played in college. Then Fontes never would let him into games hardly. Making him a bust. lol

Do the Dolphins continue to look for speed by picking Xavier Worthy (fastest 40 ever at the combine) or Rome Odunze, the fastest of the top rated WRs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Some on YouTube have started posting old NFL Drafts. This is the 1990 draft and its unique for a few reasons....

- Dallas had the 1st overall pick in 1990 , but gave it up to select Steve Walsh (QB) in the supplemental draft. Then the Cardinals were to select 3rd and they too had gave up the 1st rd pick in supplemental draft.

- The busts like George , McCants , Andre Ware and more are interesting. Detroits head scout wanted James Francis (LB) and Fontes over ruled him for Ware. Because Detroit ran a run n shoot system like Ware had played in college. Then Fontes never would let him into games hardly. Making him a bust. lol
    Yes, and the year before, the Lions had selected QB Rodney Peete. Having followed the Lions since 1975, the selection of Ware was not the first time I'd questioned their decisions but it would certainly not be the last.