Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

If Ditka is in the HoF, so should Gronk.

Think about the eight HoF tight ends - Ditka, Gonzales (likely the best), Winslow, Newsome, Casper, Sharpe, Mackey and Smith. Gronk is better than or equal to 6 to 8 of them and had more influence on the game than half of them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Most football heads call him, "future first ballot Hall of Famer, Rob GRONK-owski."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After the Eagles' loss to Kansas City in Super Bowl LVII, S CJ Gardner-Johnson took his free agent act on the road, signing with Detroit last season. Going out the door, CJGJ threw massive shade at Birds fans, basically calling them trash, well, the Lions cut him loose this offseason, and guess who signed him the other day....yup, the Eagles. Predictably, he wasted no time going on social media and apologizing to the fans for his obnoxious comments. Heh! And the moral of this story, boys and girls? Never burn any bridges behind you, you never know when you might have to go back the way you came!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- Calvin Ridley (WR) was expected to sign back with the Jacksonville Jaguars and I believe told them as much. But he seemed to play the Jaguars and instead signed with Tennessee Titans to a contract worth $92 million.

- Indianapolis signed Joe Flacco to a 1 year contract to back up Anthony Richardson. Its coming out Flacco who led the Browns to the playoffs in a comeback player type situation , never got offered a backup contract by the team.

- Washington signed Bobby Wagner (LB) to a 1 year contract. Wagner had played under coach Dan Quinn in Seattle when he was defensive coordinator then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Commies are sending Sam Howell to Seattle.

So whose left for Justin Fields? Denver?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The Commies are sending Sam Howell to Seattle.

So whose left for Justin Fields? Denver?
    I still think the Bears would be better off trading the pick, using assets to build their infrastructure around Fields for a year or two more and if he doesn't work out, they're in a better position overall still because they have built the core of the team (O-line, skill players & D) to be a better environment for a new QB if Fields doesn't pan out. I'm not a big fan of Fields himself, but I do think he has a chance to be a winning QB with a better team around him. He's been asked to work miracles with essentially nothing around him to help him out until they got DJ Moore last year. Their O-line is bad, their receivers and backs were bad, and their D was bad but Fields was supposed to win games by himself? I know it's a QB league, but teams that keep missing on QBs often never get better because no resources are spent to build other areas the team needs to succeed. Yes, you don't often get the top pick, but when you do, you need to use it to build the team, not always to gamble on QB, and every QB coming out these days, even the "sure things" are more of a gamble than some of the blue chips at other positions. Keep Fields, use the assets form trading the pick to get 2-3 blue chips at other positions to strengthen the team overall, and gamble on the pick you already spent on Fields to see if he takes a step up rather than wasting another pick on yet another gamble that has 50/50 chances to pay off and doubles your losses if it doesn't.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The three guys Fields is "better than" went for a 3-4th rounder, 6th, and a backend WR.

Wonder what's he worth now??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The three guys Fields is "better than" went for a 3-4th rounder, 6th, and a backend WR.

Wonder what's he worth now??
    I still think the better question is "Who would trade for him" as opposed to "How much"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching a Big East conference game and saw on the bottom screen ticker that Atlanta traded QB Desmond Ridder to Arizona.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Kirk Cousins will pass Tom Brady in career earnings now with his latest deal. Also if he plays out this full contract Cousins will have earned over $400+ million career wise.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ng-amount/amp/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Chargers sending WR Keenan Allen to the Bears for a 4th round pick!

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Well days after Pat Mahomes restructured his contract to free money , KC signed Hollywood Brown to a 1 year $11 million dollar contract. Brown is going to try and resurrect his career and is a deep threat KC has needed.

I still believe KC is going to need to draft a top WR to rebuild that for Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Chargers sending WR Keenan Allen to the Bears for a 4th round pick!

-M
    Oh Chargers XD

Oh Chargers XD
    Chargers owed like 5 players over $25-30 million apiece. They managed to get Mack and Bosa to restructure their contracts to free money up. Allen refused to do that so he had to get traded or cut.

I still think the better question is "Who would trade for him" as opposed to "How much"
    That's what I was alluding to.

Appears he will have a new target to not throw to all season now as well.