Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Sneed had been working with the Titans on a deal for over a week now and the deal was just pending a physical before the trade was negotiated. Sneed was given permission to seek a trade by the Chiefs just after they put the tag on him. Once they did that, they lost any leverage they had in trade negotiations since it was the player and their agent that would be setting up the deal and KC essentially was in a yes/no position rather than a negotiating position. The rules as written may not say that, but that's the reality of the situation. Once you open the door the player rarely comes back in and usually dictates the terms of their departure. Sure KC could have tried to play hardball to get more, but Sneed wouldn't sign the deal (nor likely the tag offer itself) until the deal was worked out and KCs choices would be limited to agreeing to the Titans/Sneed's trade terms or having a disgruntled player not sign the tag and likely sit out most if not all of training camp because they didn't get what they felt they deserved nor what they wanted. KC is going to have enough distractions trying to repeat/defend their titles, hampering their defense in training camp like that was something they didn't need to do.

-M
    Yes Sneed was given a permission to seek a trade. That is true and KC was gonna ask for compensation here. Notice I said , Indy or Tennessee put in an offer to him because...it would have triggered that other part.

The salary demands is what held off Indy as Sneed wanted X amount of money and Tennessee had more cap room to make the deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yes Sneed was given a permission to seek a trade. That is true and KC was gonna ask for compensation here. Notice I said , Indy or Tennessee put in an offer to him because...it would have triggered that other part.

The salary demands is what held off Indy as Sneed wanted X amount of money and Tennessee had more cap room to make the deal.
    The thing is the auto-compensation on non-exclusive franchise enders only triggers when the player signs the offer sheet officially. In these trade situations, the player and new team agree in principal to the deal but the player doesn't sign the offer sheet until the trade is completed. It's a way to gain the system. And if KC doesn't play ball and work a deal the new team is willing to make, the offer sheet is never signed, KC never gets those picks as compensation, and is stuck with an unhappy player who hasn't signed the franchise tag offer either so isn't technically under contract with them and doesn't have to report to OTAs or training camp. It's a way to game the system in these situations. Rules as written, the team makes an offer sheet, the player signs it, old team gets the picks as compensation, but in reality it never works that way, and teams know if they sign someone t a non-exclusive tag, they are probably never getting these 1st round picks in compensation, they will either retain the player for 1 year or wind up trading the, for much less in return. That's the reality, not the rule as written, which is a joke because it is not the reality of the way business is done in the NFL. No player or potential new team is ever going to sign that offer sheet until an acceptable trade is in place.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member

I keep hearing the Steelers are talking to WR Tyler Boyd, formally of Cinci. I think he would be a nice addition to the team, but I don't know if the Steelers are truly serious about picking him up or if the sports media is blowing smoke again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    I keep hearing the Steelers are talking to WR Tyler Boyd, formally of Cinci. I think he would be a nice addition to the team, but I don't know if the Steelers are truly serious about picking him up or if the sports media is blowing smoke again.
    There have been a couple rumors floating out here in Cincy. So I would say it is a little serious.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

TIL ...

The last 15+ SB rings can be opened up. It reveals a mini football on one side (made from game used footballs) and a mini stadium model they played in (complete with turf from said stadium).

Never mind the $75k diamonds on those suckers, that is ******* cool!

Some are sealed and you can't easily open them, so the last 5-6 SB winners have either been screwed or magnetic.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-25-2024 at 08:10 AM.

Well T-Minus one month till the draft.

Fully Open the Mock Draft Floodgates! (Fun Fact the Flood Gates were opened months ago XD)

My Post Phase 1 FA Raider Analysis.

I honestly feel like for the first time, if the Raiders had to play a game tomorrow...they would be able to hold their own. I couldn't say that about Raiders teams past.

So how do the Offensive and the Defense look?

Well after roughly a decade and half of being less than Mid, the Raiders D seemed to rise from the ashes of mediocrity last year. Sure the fact that just about every QB in the league was off or hurt helps, but still for what one beat writer described as "Patrick Graham's Merry Band of Misfits" they did pretty well. Hell they won at least 2-3 of the games the Raiders won after McDaniels was canned. While the LB duo of Spillane and Diablo are solid, and the DL looks to be an utter monster (Crosby, Wilkinson, Koonce, and some combo of Wilson/Butler/Jenkins). The Secondary could use some additional bodies for both depth and another outside corner to start opposite of Jack Jones. With a draft that's supposedly deep at Corner, I expect the Raiders to draft a viable starting Corner in the first 3 rounds. And honestly that's really it for the defense other than drafting for depth.

Now what needs some fine tuning is the offense. Loosing Josh Jacobs hurts, BUT Zamir White rose to the challenge last season and they also resigned Abdullah and signed Mattison from Minnesota. Still I could see the Raiders using a day 3 mid round pick on another RB. Pass catcher wise (at least for this coming year) looks again good with Adams, Meyers, Tucker and Mayer. But the other big questions are on the OL and QB.

The resigned C Andre James, who is a quality Center but not elite, and they have 2nd year player Taylor Munford at RT but he's not a lock in at the spot. SO I expect a RT to be drafted in the Top 3 rounds. Also Raiders will probably sign another FA to play RG unless they use a Mid Round pick for one.

And then that leaves us with QB.

I guess starting Minshew or O'Connell doesn't put us in the worst position, but it doesn't put us in a good position ether. A third QB is needed. As much as AP would want him, I think Mark Davis and new GM Tom Telesco would be a little hesitant to sell the farm to trade up for Jayden Daniels. Which pretty much leaves the Raiders to choose between Nix and Penix. Honestly I think Nix ends up in Denver as he "fits" the QB mold of Sean Payton. Which leaves the Raiders a choice: Do they go in with Penix at 13, try to ether trade back/trade up from the 2nd to the last first, or pass on him?

Injury history is a little concerning but I've watched him play pretty clean football the last couple of years. And his Deep Ball is soo good and precise it would make Al Davis cry Tears of Joy. Honestly I think the best course of action would be find a way to trade back into the first to nab him because I don't see him still be around by the time the Raiders pick again. That being said if we can nab another 2nd to trade back 5-7 spots to take him and use the 2nd and 3rd picks to pick up OL and a CB....I'd be ok with that too. Id also understand if they take him at 13. I think some critics would knock them some points...but I think it would be a necessary move.

We'll see what happens next month!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Now the Rams have signed Garoppolo, I am sure they are not going to make an offer to Carson Wentz. Wonder if this was a locker room thing. Garoppolo has a better reputation for being more of a team player.

Wentz will probable end up in Minnesota. It would just be so Vikings.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

NFL: Hey guys were totally devoted to safety and thus are going to put in yet another defensive penalty worth 15 yards
    Also NFL: We're also going to play two games on a Wednesday this season

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

History Lesson.

n 1964, the Minnesota Vikings choice to wear white jerseys for every home game of that season. This was highly unusual for a northern state team but, in a promotion by the NFL, the Vikings joined with several other teams to bring the “Colors of the NFL” to their home game fans.

However, in a home game against the Detroit Lions on Oct. 11, 1964, someone forget to tell the Lions equipment manager to pack their dark jerseys for the game. So the game began with both teams in white jerseys.

Now in 1962, the Vikings had begun wearing purple pants with their white jerseys which they would do for 3 more seasons but not again until 2006.

But do to the confusion for players of both teams, the Vikings changed into their purple jerseys to begin the second quarter. This also made the 1964 Vikings the first team to wear a “monochrome” dark color uniform in the history of the NFL. This would not occur again until the 2001 season when the New Orleans saints wore an all black uniform in 3 games during that season.

PurpleWhite.jpg

One of the stories coming out is the Dallas Cowboys aren't working to extend Dak Prescott right now. There is some talk whether the Cowboys will hand Prescott a $60+ million a year contract due to the fact , he's never had success in the post season.

The Cowboys have to decide on what they plan to do ahead after this season. Because they have a couple big players coming up for contracts like Lamb and one of their defensive stars.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Wow new kickoff rules, making it much like the XFL and incentivizing kick returns:

-Teams line up five yards from each other, on the 40 yard line and 35 yard line of the receiving team
    -Kicker is at the 35 of the kicking team
    -There is a "landing zone" which is basically the red zone
    -Kicks that go out of the endzone without touching the field get placed at the 30 yard line
    -Kicks that bounce in the landing zone then go out are placed at the 20 yard line
    -Kicks that don't reach the landing zone get placed at the 40 yard line
    -No more fair catches. If a ball is caught in the landing zone, there has to be a return
    -Onside kicks must be declared to the refs and the other team

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/f...-kickoff-rule/

So the best thing for kicking teams to aim for is to bounce it into the landing zone so it goes into the endzone untouched. At worst, if the ball goes out of bounds, its at the 35. Seems likely kicks are also going to now be going to the corners, more often than not.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-29-2024 at 12:49 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

What the hell man, RIP to Vonte Davis? Damn, dude was born in 1988 and was found dead at 35. The Colts haven't had a CB his level SINCE. Damn, Vernon Davis I feel has only been out of the league for what seems a year, mans hung on til the last. Wow, we liked him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Chiefs sign QB Carson Wentz to a 1 year deal, presumably to be a veteran back up for Mahomes since Blaine Gabbart, who held filled that role last year is a free agent.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Former Arizona Cardinals VP Terry McDonough won his arbitration hearing against the team for defamation. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It seems Rashee Rice is in some legal trouble possibly over racing and wrecking on the highway. He destroyed some vehicles it seems there and he likely will be facing some legal consequences over this immature act. (he leased the car he crashed).

Thankfully no one was killed but there likely was some injured. KC likely will be drafting WR with a couple picks this year to look at replacing Rice if need be.