Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Where will Wilson go, I wonder. After that debacle in Denver, seems he is going to be a backup/QB trainer somewhere.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Where will Wilson go, I wonder. After that debacle in Denver, seems he is going to be a backup/QB trainer somewhere.
    It’s hard to imagine Wilson training somebody as I don’t see him as a teacher. Meanwhile, I’m sure he’ll hold out for a chance to be a starter somewhere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is talk that Wilson could sign with Minnesota for veteran minimum because he's banking a huge total from Denver. Minnesota can save the money from paying Kirk Cousins and pay Jefferson and other players for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

How about he just retires? Will he still get what Denver owes him if he does? I mean he's what, 35? And hasn't been playing to satisfaction.

Extraordinary Member

Wilson statistically plays as well as he usually does... but that's as a solid, dual threat quarterback with good ball security who needs a good defense. While he's had explosive offenses in his career, he's still mostly been a guy who's good at improvising in games where they need him to improvise just one or two scores to complement a successful defense.

The Steelers are still probably the team that would most benefit from him and benefit him as well - he's cheap right now, and his style complements their style.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Thing is - Denver is a dumpster fire. They've been living in the past for many years now, since their 2015 Super Bowl with Manning, and seven of those eight seasons have been losing seasons. Really bad losing seasons, too. Its not Wilson, its not Sean Peyton, its the Denver Broncos organization.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I heard the Giants didn’t slap the franchise tag on RB Saquon Barkley.

NFL News

- Indianapolis is applying the franchise tag to Michael Pittman (WR). He will be due $21+ million.

- Jacksonville is applying the franchise tag to Josh Allen (LB). The tag for linebackers is $24.007 million. The team will be cutting Darious Williams (CB) . Williams had a $10.5 million cap hit in 2024.

- The NY Jets will be releasing C.J. Uzomah (TE).

- New England will apply the transition tag to Kyle Dugger (Safety) . Dugger will earn $13.8 million for the transition tag.

- Tampa Bay will be applying the franchise tag to Antoine Winfield Jr. (Safety).

- Seattle will be remaking their secondary after releasing both starting safeties Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs. Both players accounted for $27.5 million in cap space after the release.

-
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Is Seattle going rebuild mode?

Saw the Patriots are transition tagging Dugger.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-06-2024 at 08:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is Seattle going rebuild mode?

Saw the Patriots are transition tagging Dugger.
    From reading , Seattle only had $12+ million in cap space before they cut the 2 safeties. So it seems like they are gonna rebuild the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From reading , Seattle only had $12+ million in cap space before they cut the 2 safeties. So it seems like they are gonna rebuild the secondary.
    New coach said they're also going to roster 3 QBs.

Not gonna be cheap even if it's starter/backup/draftee.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    New coach said they're also going to roster 3 QBs.

Not gonna be cheap even if it's starter/backup/draftee.
    If the idea is to use Geno Smith as a bridge QB it can work. They can draft a QB in the early rounds (this draft is loaded) and Geno is only under contract for 2 more seasons. He will be 36 when they can move on and hopefully a rookie QB learns from him.

NFL News….

- The Buffalo Bills were busy this week. They released Tre’Darious White and Mitch Morse. They then signed back Mitch Trubisky who had been cut by Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A total FUBAR IMHO.

NFL should be footing those bills 100%.

Super surprised there weren't players injured, too.