Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Man. This has been a crazy offseason for QBs. like damn the carousel is going off the rails.
    You have got that right., I cant remember a more active offseason for QB in recent memory.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

AND IN MORE QB NEWS

Jimmy G signs with the Rams.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You have got that right., I cant remember a more active offseason for QB in recent memory.
    I think Bleacher said it's the third most moves post 2001.

2023 being #1 but that 2024 is #3 ALREADY with months to go.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I dont remember 2023 being this active but I didnt follow the offseason as close as I have this year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I dont remember 2023 being this active but I didnt follow the offseason as close as I have this year.
    I think Rodgers kinda distracted from all the shuffling.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In more wild news , the Steelers have traded Kenny Pickett (QB) away rather than let him fight Russell Wilson for the job. In fact the Steelers on signing Wilson decided he’d be #1 regardless.

You can tell this is a disaster move as they gave up on Pickett within 2 seconds for a guy who could be washed in the league.
    Hmm. Remember last year when it came out the he was refusing to back up Mason, and you guys said if it was true he'd be gone? Well, at look what happened.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

And sooner or later, something has to go down with Justin Fields. I mean, if the Bears are set on drafting Caleb Williams with the number one pick, I can't imagine Chicago keeping Fields.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And sooner or later, something has to go down with Justin Fields. I mean, if the Bears are set on drafting Caleb Williams with the number one pick, I can't imagine Chicago keeping Fields.
    But where is he going to go? A lot of teams already signed or traded for QB

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Chicago may have to wait til after the draft to trade Fields. I’ll throw a dark horse team out that could trade a 2nd or 3rd next year for Fields…

The New York Jets. The team right now really can’t draft a QB high. They need to build a team around the Rodgers window for the next 2 seasons.

But they can trade for Fields, let him develop under Rodgers and move to him when it’s time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Chicago may have to wait til after the draft to trade Fields. I’ll throw a dark horse team out that could trade a 2nd or 3rd next year for Fields…

The New York Jets. The team right now really can’t draft a QB high. They need to build a team around the Rodgers window for the next 2 seasons.

But they can trade for Fields, let him develop under Rodgers and move to him when it’s time.
    Yea look how well that worked with Green Bay and Love. How Rodgers had a holy fit when he was drafted. I dont see Pissy Rodgers sitting well if the Jets trade for a QB.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yea look how well that worked with Green Bay and Love. How Rodgers had a holy fit when he was drafted. I dont see Pissy Rodgers sitting well if the Jets trade for a QB.
    I agree. Rodgers with his thin skin and bloated ego wouldn’t be able to handle having a young buck like Fields behind him on the depth chart.

Say, what about Minnesota? Do they have a starter after losing Kirk Cousins?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I agree. Rodgers with his thin skin and bloated ego wouldn’t be able to handle having a young buck like Fields behind him on the depth chart.

Say, what about Minnesota? Do they have a starter after losing Kirk Cousins?
    Would the Bears trade him to a division rival? How about the Pats?

I'd laugh so hard if Rogers bails on the Jets if the wild rumors about him being RFK Jr.'s running mate turned out to be true ,No way they're elected, but hard to be at practice and play in Sept/Oct if you're on the campaign trail. It might be the most Jets thing ever.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I'd laugh so hard if Rogers bails on the Jets if the wild rumors about him being RFK Jr.'s running mate turned out to be true ,No way they're elected, but hard to be at practice and play in Sept/Oct if you're on the campaign trail. It might be the most Jets thing ever.

-M
    He is not going to do it I think. But he is also not going to say he is not doing it. He wants the talk to be about him as long as he can. And if I were the Jets I would be pissed that instead of coaches and management getting questions on Rodgers and his recovery and his ability to play they are fielding questions on if he is going to be the VP for a whack job. Distraction is not even a strong enough word.

Extraordinary Member

He is not going to do it I think. But he is also not going to say he is not doing it. He wants the talk to be about him as long as he can. And if I were the Jets I would be pissed that instead of coaches and management getting questions on Rodgers and his recovery and his ability to play they are fielding questions on if he is going to be the VP for a whack job. Distraction is not even a strong enough word.
    Yeah, Rodgers is a lazy attention whore. If he really wanted eyes on him and was willing to work for it, he'd just date date a world famous pop-star, start his own podcast instead of mooching off someone else's, be so cool he gets his own documentary instead of just getting Hard Knocks attention, or y'know, play football really, really well.

(Seriously, though, it's weird how the Kelce brothers are arguably the type of super stars Rodgers wishes he was, and how he's settling for being the trashier, tawdrier version of them right now.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP