Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Stefon Diggs to Houston. Ryan ain't foolin' around down there.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

2-time Super Bowl winner Mike Kolen, who played his entire career with the Miami Dolphins and was part of their undefeated team, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Houston in a good faith move fixed Diggs contract recently. Diggs will be a free agent in 2025 and can test free agency unless he does great and Texans bring him back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I love the talk here in NYC that Buffalo and Allen are weak now because Allen doesn't have Diggs as a target.
    Sure, just like Mahomes was done without Tyreek Hill. How did that turn out?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

NFL Network Cuts Four On-Air Personalities Before 2024 Season

The trimming at NFL Network continues as on-air personalities Melissa Stark, Andrew Siciliano, James Palmer and Will Selva are all out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ca766a3f&ei=16

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    NFL Network Cuts Four On-Air Personalities Before 2024 Season

The trimming at NFL Network continues as on-air personalities Melissa Stark, Andrew Siciliano, James Palmer and Will Selva are all out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ca766a3f&ei=16
    Rather odd that NFL Network is cutting on air personalities. I don't get this even a little bit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I love the talk here in NYC that Buffalo and Allen are weak now because Allen doesn't have Diggs as a target.
    Sure, just like Mahomes was done without Tyreek Hill. How did that turn out?
    Diggs was excellent for helping Allen develop as a quarterback, but the fact that they could largely cut him out of major plays in their do-or-die end to the main season shows that they don't necessarily need a killer receiver.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Diggs was excellent for helping Allen develop as a quarterback, but the fact that they could largely cut him out of major plays in their do-or-die end to the main season shows that they don't necessarily need a killer receiver.
    Cutting him out of the plays doesn't mean defenses didn't have to game plan for him which opened up things for those other backs and receivers. Take Diggs out, and teams have less to account for in their defensive schemes making tighter windows to have to throw into, a greater ability to keep a spy whose sole job is to contain Allen's scrambles, and ability to keep more in the box to contain the run. They may not needs Diggs per se, but they need a threat to stretch the D to open things up an cause teams to scheme accordingly opening up all those plays that work for them. And they not only lost Diggs, they lost Gabe Davis too, which was both downfield threats they had. If you shrink the area a defense has to account for, you increase the ability of D's to take away plays and reduce the window the QB has to be successful. Sure Mahomes was able to succeed post-Hill, but they still had downfield options to keep those windows open for Kelce and the backs. And Allen is good, but he's no Mahomes. Can they succeed without Diggs and Davis? Sure, but they need to come up with some downfield threat to stretch things out to keep defenses honest. It doesn't have to be a killer receiver, but it needs to be a competent one who can create space for Allen to work all over the field with his routes.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Got an alert this morning from Bleacher Report that my Eagles will play Green Bay in Brazil during the 2024 opening week schedule.

Jacksonville is keeping one of its best defensive players for a long time ahead. They signed Josh Allen (DE) to a new 5 year contract worth $150+ million today. Allen had 17.5 sacks last season. In the past 5 seasons , Allen as a pass rusher has 45 sacks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Cornerback Logan Ryan, whose 11-year career included winning 2 Super Bowl rings with the New England Patriots, has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rashee Rice surrendered to police yesterday after 6 charges were filed against him for the wreck on the interstate. Rice likely will be done in KC as the rumors are KC will be looking to draft WR help for Mahomes ahead.

Regarding Simpson's passing by way of the NFL, I knew he still held Buffalo records. Come to find out he's #2 behind only Thurman Thomas. Which is fkn astounding on a couple levels. Mostly that those two HOF's played a decade plus apart from their peaks and the fact that Thomas hasn't played in nearly 25 years. Those Marv Leevy teams standout more considering there have been decades of ineptitude around that franchise since the jump. Those Superbowl losses will forever keep them from being thought of in the way the Jets and Browns as the bottom of the barrel in terms of winning, but outside of Josh Allen, they've never been far.

Anyway, only 1500 yards separate OJ from the #10 man (Dorsett) on the NFL All-time rushing list. Only 1,000 odd yards separate #'s 11-20.

Jim Brown and Orenthal seem to me are the oldest players on the All-Time list, actually the only guys that on the list that I would not have a recollection of ever seeing play (in my mind Jim Brown and OJ are movies stars first... for the most part.) Well, actually Riggins, Dorestt, and Franco I didn't see either but seem to me there were a bit more recent but they weren't before my time. Before my NFL viewing time but I was alive. Franco passed away too, I forgot, damn. Surprised Corey Dillon is still on here. Shoutout to the Indianapolis Colts players on the All-Time list in Edge, Faulk and Dickerson.

1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
    2 Walter Payton 16,726
    3 Frank Gore 16,000
    4 Barry Sanders 15,269
    5 Adrian Peterson 14,918
    6 Curtis Martin 14,101
    7 LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684
    8 Jerome Bettis 13,662
    9 Eric Dickerson 13,259
    10 Tony Dorsett 12,739
    11 Jim Brown 12,312
    12 Marshall Faulk 12,279
    13 Edgerrin James 12,246
    14 Marcus Allen 12,243
    15 Franco Harris 12,120
    16 Thurman Thomas 12,074
    17 Fred Taylor 11,695
    18 Steven Jackson 11,438
    19 John Riggins 11,352
    20 Corey Dillon 11,241
    21 O.J. Simpson 11,236
    22 LeSean McCoy 11,102
    23 Warrick Dunn 10,967
    24 Ricky Watters 10,643
    25 Jamal Lewis 10,607
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rashee Rice surrendered to police yesterday after 6 charges were filed against him for the wreck on the interstate. Rice likely will be done in KC as the rumors are KC will be looking to draft WR help for Mahomes ahead.
    Who's on their draft board? It's one of the few teams I haven't seen much info on draft ideas.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who's on their draft board? It's one of the few teams I haven't seen much info on draft ideas.
    After flameouts with Tyreek Hill and Rasheed Rice (if he's still on KC's roster by the end of this month, I'll be surprised), I wonder if the Chiefs will look for wideouts who might not be as talented as Hill or Rice, but have their heads on straight and aren't total knuckleheads?