Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

You guys think this year's qb class is really that good with 6 qbs going in the first 12 picks, or just a lot of desperate teams?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Desperation perhaps. But, we won't know one way or the other until they actually take the field in September.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Cousins was informed of drafting his successor and was cool with it.

Sources say and all that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    You guys think this year's qb class is really that good with 6 qbs going in the first 12 picks, or just a lot of desperate teams?
    I think Penix will be the only one with a job in 5 years.

Maybe the Tarheel guy.

Honestly, PHI and AZ's DEF drafts are the 2 I think will go bonkers and have long careers.

Bo and Penix were the biggest reaches in my opinion.

The WTF Raider draft was a guy whom dominated the toughest division in college. He'll be good but it was not a position they needed

SEA got the injury prone DL guy., another head scratcher IMHO
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-26-2024 at 11:22 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cousins was informed of drafting his successor and was cool with it.

Sources say and all that.
    No...no he wasn't....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/25/fa...aft-pick-agent

"Yes, it was a big surprise. We had no idea this was coming. The truth is the whole league had no idea this was coming. We got no heads up," McCartney said [via Mike Garafolo]. "Kirk got a call from the Falcons when they were on the clock. That was the first we heard. It never came up in any conversation."

Cousins was told weeks ago the team would draft a QB in the later rounds but not at the 1st rd...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...e7e86dd458dd67

That was backed up by reporting from NFL Network's Jane Slater, who said that Cousins was "shocked" and "disappointed" by the pick.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This draft will be interesting to look at in 5 seasons to see what the QBs do. One analyst said this draft was one of the most unique ones for the fact that 6 QBs went in the 1st , 12 picks. The last time 6 QBs went in the 1st rd was the 1983 fabled draft.

I'd say if the Patriots take their time with Drake Maye , they may have something special there. We will have to see on that. Williams seems the most over hyped prospect. A friend at my work is a Vikings fan and he wanted McCarthy and questioned me like 30 minutes later if the Vikings pulled the trigger on him....and I told him they did.

Spencer Rattler and others are still there left on day #2. So the Raiders and other teams could select QBs there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Cousins should not be too made if he looked at this from a logical stand point. He is a 36 year old QB coming off a major injury. It makes 100 percent sense for The Falcons to want a strong backup QB in case he goes down again. While at first I wondered about the pick it does make a little more sense to me thinking about it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No...no he wasn't....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/25/fa...aft-pick-agent

Cousins was told weeks ago the team would draft a QB in the later rounds but not at the 1st rd...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...e7e86dd458dd67
    Yup, my bad.

Bleacher left this part out of their quote,

"The Falcons called Kirk Cousins when they were on the clock to let him know.

From what I learned, Cousins understood a QB would be considered but he did not believe his successor would be taken in the first round. I’m told he’s a bit stunned."

The Falcons GM is saying Penix will sit 4-5 years.

... Why draft him then?

It was a reach, IMHO, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-26-2024 at 01:20 PM.

Best meme so far came from Fox Sports.

While I’m excited KC has Worthy, he still has work ahead. Reid compared his body to a DeSean Jackson. But Worthy has to prove he can handle the physicality of the NFL. Plus pick up this Chiefs offensive system.

I do hope KC brings back Hardman as insurance as Price likely will be suspended for games ahead due to his arrest. Having 3 speed guys lining up would be sweet.

2nd rd is under way. KC has 5 draft picks left after taking a RT to try and develop now. For right now KC has 7 total draft picks. They could do more in trades etc possibly.

Ultimate Member

DeJean from IA got drafted finally but sadly by the Eagles. I didn't get to see really any if the draft due to spending half of the time hiding under the stairs in the garage with the tornado siren wailing...stupid weather.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    DeJean from IA got drafted finally but sadly by the Eagles. I didn't get to see really any if the draft due to spending half of the time hiding under the stairs in the garage with the tornado siren wailing...stupid weather.
    I hope you're okay. Meanwhile, I didn't think DeJean lasted as long as he did, and Howie Roseman traded up to land him. According to the experts, the Birds landed the top two corners in the draft after picking DeJean and Quinyon Mitchell Thursday night. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

All good thanks, just a storm capable of making a tornado with a radar indicated tornado was what came close enough to my town. As for DeJean wanted the Bills or Vikings to take him...

According to pictures and videos online , Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper was not happy with a local restaurant who had a sign up asking him to let the Coaches and GM pick the players this year.

Tepper is seen disrespecting the guy there. Who basically shows Tepper the same level and puts his hat back on.