Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If this story turns out to be true, then Hill is a straight up fool. I have ZERO compassion for idiots like him who can't keep it in his pants. I hope that knucklehead gets taken to the cleaners and maybe, just MAYBE he learns a lesson.
    I saw a funny FB meme joking that Carolina had like 2 rushing or receiving touchdowns this season. Then next to it that Hill has 3 potential children he’s fathered , meaning he’s scored more there lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I will not pass judgment because as a Dolphin fan I only care what he does on the field.

Of course if he were on another team....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

The sequel to Netflix's Quarterback is instead named Receiver, and will feature:

Davante Adams
    Deebo Samuel
    Goerge Kittle
    Amon-Ra St. Brown
    Justin Jefferson

So there's definitely going to be some chance for some serious "tea," as the kids say, thanks to Adams, probably more than few Dan Campell bits thanks to St. Brown, and and two of the featured players will give us more Super Bowl stuff (and Kittle will be awesome regardless) albeit with a sad ending this time rather than a triumphant one.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

If this story turns out to be true, then Hill is a straight up fool. I have ZERO compassion for idiots like him who can't keep it in his pants. I hope that knucklehead gets taken to the cleaners and maybe, just MAYBE he learns a lesson.

Hill has always been a trash human being off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The sequel to Netflix's Quarterback is instead named Receiver, and will feature:

Davante Adams
    Deebo Samuel
    Goerge Kittle
    Amon-Ra St. Brown
    Justin Jefferson

So there's definitely going to be some chance for some serious "tea," as the kids say, thanks to Adams, probably more than few Dan Campell bits thanks to St. Brown, and and two of the featured players will give us more Super Bowl stuff (and Kittle will be awesome regardless) albeit with a sad ending this time rather than a triumphant one.
    Believe me when I say Raider Nation is all in on Adams laying a diss track for McDaniels.

Speaking of which im rather ok with Daniel Jeremiahs' latest Mock Draft with us taking Penix.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

My favorite insane story about Hill , is the idea to invite an instagram model to his mansion in Florida and decide to practice scrimmages against her. Then he broke her leg in what she claims.

He countered that she tripped over a dog. But the idea Tyreek Hill to court a model invites her to his mansion and lines up to practice is pretty insane.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/01/tyree...enraged-drill/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Davante Adams
    Deebo Samuel
    Goerge Kittle
    Amon-Ra St. Brown
    Justin Jefferson

What I heard is Peyton couldn't get any QBs to agree to do the show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With the window growing slim on Aaron Rodgers, the NY Jets have signed a couple players. One was a right tackle to help on offensive line. The other was a 1 year deal for Mike Williams (WR). The contract was worth as much as $15 million.

Williams is looking for a career rebound as he’s battled injuries the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the window growing slim on Aaron Rodgers, the NY Jets have signed a couple players. One was a right tackle to help on offensive line. The other was a 1 year deal for Mike Williams (WR). The contract was worth as much as $15 million.

Williams is looking for a career rebound as he’s battled injuries the past few seasons.
    Wiiliams, if he stays healthy and Garrett Wilson are two big weapons Rodgers will have.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wiiliams, if he stays healthy and Garrett Wilson are two big weapons Rodgers will have.
    Now the Jets only have to worry about Rodgers staying healthy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Now the Jets only have to worry about Rodgers staying healthy.
    But what if he's VP!?

/s
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But what if he's VP!?

/s
    The Jets actually win for once?
    Dark does not mean deep.

In a move that boggles my mind on how KC got little to nothing …they basically traded a top ranked CB Sneed to Tennessee for a 3rd rd pick in 2025. It’s so insane as a deal it makes no sense.

This was a 1st or at least a 2nd rd talent here. Getting nothing from this is just a bad move.

In a move that boggles my mind on how KC got little to nothing …they basically traded a top ranked CB Sneed to Tennessee for a 3rd rd pick in 2025. It’s so insane as a deal it makes no sense.

This was a 1st or at least a 2nd rd talent here. Getting nothing from this is just a bad move.
    He was on a non-exclusive tag, once he agreed with another team thy had no choice but to work out a deal with that team. If they wanted to keep him that badly, they should have used the exclusive tag, but with the non-exclusive tag all the leverage is with the player and team he makes an agreement with. If you use the non-exclusive tag and the player decides to go elsewhere, you are going to lose the trade. That was a given the minute they used the non-exclusive tag with him unless he wanted to stay in KC< and he didn't. Doesn't matter what they should have gotten for him r what he was worth, on the non-exclusive tag it becomes about what the other team is willing to give up for him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    He was on a non-exclusive tag, once he agreed with another team thy had no choice but to work out a deal with that team. If they wanted to keep him that badly, they should have used the exclusive tag, but with the non-exclusive tag all the leverage is with the player and team he makes an agreement with. If you use the non-exclusive tag and the player decides to go elsewhere, you are going to lose the trade. That was a given the minute they used the non-exclusive tag with him unless he wanted to stay in KC< and he didn't. Doesn't matter what they should have gotten for him r what he was worth, on the non-exclusive tag it becomes about what the other team is willing to give up for him.

-M
    Well here is the Non exclusive tag. Sneed hadn’t signed a contract with Tennessee yet to even get to that. In fact a hang up with 2 things …KC wanted compensation and Sneed wanted a huge deal.

KC had been working to trade Sneed awhile to Indianapolis or Tennessee. None of those teams made him an offer or it would trigger this…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...how-does-work#

The compensation and Sneeds salary demands likely is what held it all up.

——NON-EXCLUSIVE TAG: This tag allows the player to sign an offer sheet with another team. The original team has the right to match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks in compensation if the player leaves. This is the most common type of tag——

Well here is the Non exclusive tag. Sneed hadn’t signed a contract with Tennessee yet to even get to that. In fact a hang up with 2 things …KC wanted compensation and Sneed wanted a huge deal.

KC had been working to trade Sneed awhile to Indianapolis or Tennessee. None of those teams made him an offer or it would trigger this…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...how-does-work#

The compensation and Sneeds salary demands likely is what held it all up.

——NON-EXCLUSIVE TAG: This tag allows the player to sign an offer sheet with another team. The original team has the right to match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks in compensation if the player leaves. This is the most common type of tag——
    Sneed had been working with the Titans on a deal for over a week now and the deal was just pending a physical before the trade was negotiated. Sneed was given permission to seek a trade by the Chiefs just after they put the tag on him. Once they did that, they lost any leverage they had in trade negotiations since it was the player and their agent that would be setting up the deal and KC essentially was in a yes/no position rather than a negotiating position. The rules as written may not say that, but that's the reality of the situation. Once you open the door the player rarely comes back in and usually dictates the terms of their departure. Sure KC could have tried to play hardball to get more, but Sneed wouldn't sign the deal (nor likely the tag offer itself) until the deal was worked out and KCs choices would be limited to agreeing to the Titans/Sneed's trade terms or having a disgruntled player not sign the tag and likely sit out most if not all of training camp because they didn't get what they felt they deserved nor what they wanted. KC is going to have enough distractions trying to repeat/defend their titles, hampering their defense in training camp like that was something they didn't need to do.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato