Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Super Bowl winner, maybe?
    Unlikely. The Birds already played both Kansas City and Frisco in 2023, neither of whom are on the '24 schedule. If I were to guess among teams on this coming season's slate, it might be Dallas, Baltimore or perhaps up and coming Green Bay.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-06-2024 at 01:49 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well it has to be one of their home opponents and it can't be the Jaguars or Panthers as they play in London(of course) and Germany next year respectively which leaves the Cowboys, Giants, Commanders, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, or Packers

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It appears the parents of the young Native American boy who a Deadspin writer tried to say was wearing "blackface" has sued the site. This after weeks of them legally telling the site to reprint a retraction and apologize for what they wrote about. Deadspin wouldn't it appears.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/news/d...ce-accusation/

Hopefully they teach them a lesson on this. Targeting a 9 year old because your wanting to try and make some statement against Kansas City is trash. Plus the kid was wearing black and red type paint and the fact he is of Native American decent is just bonkers here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL 2024 HoF class
    Dwight Freeney
    Devin Hester
    Andre Johnson
    Julius Peppers
    Patrick Willis
    Randy Gradishar (senior)
    Steve McMichael (senior)

Lamar Jackson won his 2nd MVP award for the season. People however are busy half joking about his win due to Baltimore lost last weekend.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Dallas according to reports is trying to lure Rex Ryan to be their defensive coordinator now. Ryan has a cushy job on ESPN. No idea if he’ll dive back in or night.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dallas according to reports is trying to lure Rex Ryan to be their defensive coordinator now. Ryan has a cushy job on ESPN. No idea if he’ll dive back in or night.
    They signed Mike Zimmer as their DC. So no Rex Ryan.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Most of the Ryan reports were wildly exaggerated. Dallas made one call to Ryan's reps to see if he was interested in leaving the booth to coach again, but they never really progressed beyond that. Sports talking heads jumped on that and blew it completely out of proportion trying to get clicks and ratings while Dallas was interviewing and offering a contract to Zimmer, which all of them missed reporting because they were too busy listening to the sound of their own voices to actually do any reporting.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Most of the Ryan reports were wildly exaggerated. Dallas made one call to Ryan's reps to see if he was interested in leaving the booth to coach again, but they never really progressed beyond that. Sports talking heads jumped on that and blew it completely out of proportion trying to get clicks and ratings while Dallas was interviewing and offering a contract to Zimmer, which all of them missed reporting because they were too busy listening to the sound of their own voices to actually do any reporting.

-M
    I think they likely fell for the Jerry Jones statement sometime earlier claiming that they were “All in for 2024” and making a defensive splash move would echo that. So once any news broke of that the media jumped.

In other news Chicago has told teams it’s gonna take a huge haul to trade the #1 overall pick this year. The Bears by many are likely to select Caleb Williams #1 overall.

Williams is considered the top QB prospect.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-would...2024-nfl-draft

I think they likely fell for the Jerry Jones statement sometime earlier claiming that they were “All in for 2024” and making a defensive splash move would echo that. So once any news broke of that the media jumped.
    I think they didn't care what the actual story is as long as they get clicks and ratings and their egos get stroked. They aren't journalists, their publicists and their clients are themselves. They'll run with any story that promotes them or their platform whether is has any grain of truth or not, as long as it gets them the attention they crave.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I'd put the money on the Chefs, pulling for the San Francisco 49ers.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Looks like QB Mitchell Trubisky won't be returning to the Steelers.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Looks like QB Mitchell Trubisky won't be returning to the Steelers.
    I feel for Trubisky for the fact , for the rest of his life people will always go...."The Chicago Bears selected him over Pat Mahomes..."

But Chicago maybe getting their savior after so long. If they select Caleb Williams....

In an interview with reporters about the game on Monday , Pat Mahomes was asked about the whole “Can you 3 peat ?” Mahomes was being generous saying it would be something and it takes work.

Then a reporter told him something that could be motivation. Something that KC has thrived on…

The reporter told Mahomes Vegas doesn’t have them as top pick for a 2024 Super Bowl. Mahomes coldly responded…”We will see….”