Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The 49ers have fired defensive coordinator Steve Wilks after just one season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The 49ers have fired defensive coordinator Steve Wilks after just one season.
    Someone had to fall on the sword.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Steve Wilks decision seems like an "over reaction" type move from an organization. The 49ers defense ranked 3rd in the league. 14th against the pass and 3rd against the rush. Yeah teams lose in championship games a lot. KC lost against Tampa Bay in Super Bowl and then lost the AFC Championship one year to Cincy.

But they didn't fire Steve Spagnula because his defense with young core and cast offs awhile did solid enough. They understood , ok we won't move on unless the entire unit goes into the tank 1 season.

EDIT : according to a report Kyle Shanahan handled the situation with Wilks so classless , its insane. Instead of speaking to Wilks in person to discuss things , he decided to call him and do it over a conference call.

WOW.....
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 02-14-2024 at 06:20 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, now that's why I would never go to a victory celebration. Hope the wounded all get better.

There was a number of fun moments before that. Kelce and Mahomes getting hammered on stage to talk. With Mahomes looking at his wife..."Sorry , I'm just a regular QB ok..." as he poked fun at this moment.

https://peeknews.biz.id/nfl-fans-wat...he-super-bowl/

The comical aspect is Mahomes never heard this. He just decided to deliver a statement on that to Gibson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Steve Wilks decision seems like an "over reaction" type move from an organization. The 49ers defense ranked 3rd in the league. 14th against the pass and 3rd against the rush. Yeah teams lose in championship games a lot. KC lost against Tampa Bay in Super Bowl and then lost the AFC Championship one year to Cincy.

But they didn't fire Steve Spagnula because his defense with young core and cast offs awhile did solid enough. They understood , ok we won't move on unless the entire unit goes into the tank 1 season.

EDIT : according to a report Kyle Shanahan handled the situation with Wilks so classless , its insane. Instead of speaking to Wilks in person to discuss things , he decided to call him and do it over a conference call.

WOW.....
    Judging from all that, it sounds like Wilks was made the fall guy for the blunder Shanahan made in overtime. Yeah, that WAS a classless move. I wonder if GM John Lynch gave that his blessing?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Judging from all that, it sounds like Wilks was made the fall guy for the blunder Shanahan made in overtime. Yeah, that WAS a classless move. I wonder if GM John Lynch gave that his blessing?
    Well, the firing happened so I would say yes.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The 49ers seem to be in a state of chaos right now. Brandon Aiyuk seems to be going on social media wanting a trade for next season. It’s said he wants a new contract and this seems to be his idea to get one.

All while Kyle Shanahan is getting more blame now as he fired Wilks really for just this game. And it’s not like the defense didn’t play hard as we saw and they were an OT final possession away from winning!

Way too much hand wringing. It was a close game that came down to the best player in football scoring a TD. SF lost the game because a punt hit a players ankle. That is not on the coach, or the player for that matter. That and the blocked extra point, another random event. (both the kicker and the defense were doing what they do for every extra point, once in a great while the ball hits an outstretched hand)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Gonna be one hell of a redemtion story IF/when Shanny II does cash a big game in. Overcoming Dan Quinn and Steve Wilks as foils to Shanny's brilliance, has Hallmark Wednesday night movie of the week written all over it.

Or, or, there's a new Fall Guy movie coming out, the reshoots with Steve Wilks would make a great easter egg.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

All while Kyle Shanahan is getting more blame now as he fired Wilks really for just this game. And it’s not like the defense didn’t play hard as we saw and they were an OT final possession away from winning!
    His so-called explanation for why the move to fire Wilks was made seemed schizophrenic at best.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 02-17-2024 at 06:31 AM.

Funniest deal …as Kelce/Reid continues on someone just did the funniest response..”What will children think if they see this behavior? A lot of them won’t have NFL careers like that.”

I responded with…parents are the ultimate teachers for their children. We should not leave it up to NFL players. Lol

The Raiders released Jimmy G. today. Earlier he was suspended by the NFL for testing positive for PEDs. He has to serve a 2 game suspension.

Jimmy lost his job last year due to how he played.

The Raiders released Jimmy G. today. Earlier he was suspended by the NFL for testing positive for PEDs. He has to serve a 2 game suspension.

Jimmy lost his job last year due to how he played.
    Bwahahaha!

Guy didn't play like he was on PEDs.

Was he using them right!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Bwahahaha!

Guy didn't play like he was on PEDs.

Was he using them right!?
    It was for a prescription he failed to get an exemption for, so not likely a blatant attempt to juice, but more likely using a substance that is prohibited unless you clear it with the league ahead of time and have a medical reason to use it, which he did not do. Sometimes that happens as an oversight by the player or out of ignorance that the substance was prohibited, but sometimes it's intentional on the player's part, but we don't know which it is this case is.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato