Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It was for a prescription he failed to get an exemption for, so not likely a blatant attempt to juice, but more likely using a substance that is prohibited unless you clear it with the league ahead of time and have a medical reason to use it, which he did not do. Sometimes that happens as an oversight by the player or out of ignorance that the substance was prohibited, but sometimes it's intentional on the player's part, but we don't know which it is this case is.

-M
    And, unless he reveals what happened, all that's left is conjecture.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Bwahahaha!

Guy didn't play like he was on PEDs.

Was he using them right!?
    Beat me to it. But then, thousands probably did.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In comical anger I just discovered , a number of fans were not happy about Tony Romo and his calling of the Super Bowl. A fact many proclaimed how Romo "Ruined the Super Bowl..." I sit and was like , how ?

Well the final play. As they were mad Romo didn't wait X amount of time to chime in and detail that "This is the Andy Reid special..."

One dude spent 20 minutes in a video I just watched to detail how every other color man did the job at some point , timing them when they replied after a huge winning play.

I hate to break it to this dude , but every announce team is different on how they reply and how quick they do this. There is no iron clad rule to try and halt someone from chiming in after an epic play soon in. Some wait for replay clearly before they do. Romo being so excited and an ex-QB just didn't wait for a replay to happen.

But the fan proclaims how he'd hold up a stop sign and how Nantz is to blame for not holding up a sign to make Romo wait. Like yeah ...ok....but Nantz did perfect. He's not gonna become a douche bag to protect an epic play by play call. No one needed 50 seconds of silence either so people can watch Taylor Swift and her friends celebrate etc.

In all...Romo has grown on me. The anal fans like this...irk me.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Romo does not bug me in the least. Now Joe Buck? That is another story.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Romo does not bug me in the least. Now Joe Buck? That is another story.
    I like Buck and Aikman , they play off each other so well. They have a good chemistry. I really wish that Gruden could return to announcing. That guy was a better announcer than coach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I like Buck and Aikman , they play off each other so well. They have a good chemistry. I really wish that Gruden could return to announcing. That guy was a better announcer than coach.
    I hope Gruden stays exiled since we now know who he really is.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In comical anger I just discovered , a number of fans were not happy about Tony Romo and his calling of the Super Bowl. A fact many proclaimed how Romo "Ruined the Super Bowl..." I sit and was like , how ?

Well the final play. As they were mad Romo didn't wait X amount of time to chime in and detail that "This is the Andy Reid special..."

One dude spent 20 minutes in a video I just watched to detail how every other color man did the job at some point , timing them when they replied after a huge winning play.

I hate to break it to this dude , but every announce team is different on how they reply and how quick they do this. There is no iron clad rule to try and halt someone from chiming in after an epic play soon in. Some wait for replay clearly before they do. Romo being so excited and an ex-QB just didn't wait for a replay to happen.

But the fan proclaims how he'd hold up a stop sign and how Nantz is to blame for not holding up a sign to make Romo wait. Like yeah ...ok....but Nantz did perfect. He's not gonna become a douche bag to protect an epic play by play call. No one needed 50 seconds of silence either so people can watch Taylor Swift and her friends celebrate etc.

In all...Romo has grown on me. The anal fans like this...irk me.
    Doesn't Romo primarily have that announcing job because of how fast he was at dissecting plays?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Doesn't Romo primarily have that announcing job because of how fast he was at dissecting plays?
    Yep....back a couple years ago he was literally calling out how New England was gonna do each play , before they snapped the ball.

Bwahahaha!

Guy didn't play like he was on PEDs.

Was he using them right!?
    Depends on the PED. HGH qualifies as one, although it's real power is in injury recovery rather than a performance boost. But since most players stand to lose money when injured (not just a lost paycheck but a hit to the next contract as injury questions will follow them) it can be a tempting proposition. For a first offense it might even be a break even proposition at worst even if they get caught.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Depends on the PED. HGH qualifies as one, although it's real power is in injury recovery rather than a performance boost. But since most players stand to lose money when injured (not just a lost paycheck but a hit to the next contract as injury questions will follow them) it can be a tempting proposition. For a first offense it might even be a break even proposition at worst even if they get caught.
    "The policy violation is said to be related to Garoppolo using a prescribed medication without having a valid therapeutic use exemption from the league, according to sources. Garoppolo will not appeal the suspension and will miss the first two games of the 2024 season, per sources."

Sounds like you might be right. Could be Adderall, too. That's a common "prescribed but forgot to ask" one for the NFL.

He just flushed $11M guaranteed down the toilet.

Hope it was worth it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"The policy violation is said to be related to Garoppolo using a prescribed medication without having a valid therapeutic use exemption from the league, according to sources. Garoppolo will not appeal the suspension and will miss the first two games of the 2024 season, per sources."

Sounds like you might be right. Could be Adderall, too. That's a common "prescribed but forgot to ask" one for the NFL.

He just flushed $11M guaranteed down the toilet.

Hope it was worth it.
    If it was prescribed then he lost $11 million for a brain fart - that alone might be an indictment of his ability to lead a team.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If it was prescribed then he lost $11 million for a brain fart - that alone might be an indictment of his ability to lead a team.
    It'll be interesting to see if any team in need of quarterbacking help will kick the tires on Jimmy G come training camp.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if any team in need of quarterbacking help will kick the tires on Jimmy G come training camp.
    He could be an ok backup QB as a veteran there. But his days as a starter are done.

This looks at some unique NFL curses (that isn't about the Lions). Some I'm surprised about.

Some behind the scenes details on how Brett Veach discovered and convinced Andy Reid and John Dorsey . And how they had to pull a distraction to get to Mahomes.

- Mahomes agent Leigh Steinberg wanted him in Kansas City. Steinberg felt Mahomes would prosper with Andy Reid as his coach , he also fit the city very well coming from Texas. Its a nice city and Mahomes is considered a nice guy , so he felt it all worked. But he knew KC would need to trade up.

- Before the draft Dorsey began throwing mixed signals out. He invited the 4 top QBs to KC for a visit. He then told other GM's he had his eye on Reuban Foster (LB) to keep teams off the idea KC would go up for him.

- As the draft came close , Mahomes had Steinberg tell the Chiefs that they had better move up before 12 to get him. Because the Saints and Browns were there. Also the Cardinals were a possibility as Bruce Arians was high on him.

- Before the trade Buffalo wanted to see if they got any offers , then they called back. Reid in an act of class called Alex Smith before the pick went in to tell him about it.

-

- Veach became GM in 2017 or 2018. Since he's arrived he's over saw the draft and has selected a number of pro bowl players around Mahomes. Sometimes a guy is destined for a role....and Brett Veach seemed destined to become GM of the team.