Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Well I give a lot of grief to ol Dak, but he is easily the key factor for over half of their regular season wins. He's a decent QB. Just gets rattled in certain playoff situations, it seems. And the Cowboys motto in the playoffs seems to be "find a way to lose" which I can't blame Dak for.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well I give a lot of grief to ol Dak, but he is easily the key factor for over half of their regular season wins. He's a decent QB. Just gets rattled in certain playoff situations, it seems. And the Cowboys motto in the playoffs seems to be "find a way to lose" which I can't blame Dak for.
    He's consistently just outside the top 5 QBs each year.

That's pretty good IMHO.

Lots of teams would kill to have a top 10 QB.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL news

- The NFL Salary cap has came in higher than expected. Its going to be $255+ million this year.

- Miami is well above the salary cap and has started making moves. They cut Emmanuel Ogbah (LB) saving $13+ million on that move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

with the new cap the following teams are effectively still in the red(in order by least to most)
    Packers
    49ers
    Browns
    Cowboys
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Dolphins
    Saints
    Bills

The Cincinnati Bengals are expected to franchise tag Tee Higgens. The tag price is $21+ million and they will try to get a long term contract done before they have to do tags.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    with the new cap the following teams are effectively still in the red(in order by least to most)
    Packers
    49ers
    Browns
    Cowboys
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Dolphins
    Saints
    Bills
    And Jerrah wants to pay Dak Prescott $60 million? Makes no sense!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Can't franchise him and can't trade him, it's either pay him or lose him for nothing, oh yeah gotta pay CeeDee top WR money, oh and don't forget Micah Parsons is on the final year of his rookie deal and due for his extension, expect Nick Bosa money on that so that another 34 mil or so.

Dallas like Kansas City has tough choices ahead to make. You’re not gonna be able to keep a lot of your star players.

There is always the New Orleans route or the San Francisco 49ers of late 90s. The deferred money into later years. At some point the bills come due but New Orleans has managed to survive it for years.

With the NFL Draft 2 months away , this was a nice video detailing some flaws in what could be another great QB class. 4-6 QBs could go in the 1st rd. (there is a little R language involved)

As the video details Nix was in college 5 full seasons. And he played his 1st year against Justin Herbert. That seems like a lifetime ago that Herbert was in college.

Ultimate Member

Well Nix and the guy from Washington are both like 25 already or close to it. The draft will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Jerrah wants to pay Dak Prescott $60 million? Makes no sense!
    Financially it is probably better to keep him even if he can't win in the playoffs. For generating ad revenue, having a playoff game is better than not having one, especially if you have a team where audiences are willing to tune in because they want to see you lose. You still get to collect the money. Add in having a salary floor, and it's weighted even heavier towards it being better to have a QB who can get you in the door (even if they can't get much past that) vs one who can't even turn the doorknob.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Another caveat is that he’ll cost them no matter what they do since they’ve been messing with his contract for cap space pretty much every year he’ll eventually be a significant dead money hit

Gold Richards, who won a Super Bowl with the Dallas Cowboys as well as playing for the Bears and ending his career (without actually playing) with the Broncos, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Kansas City is expected to sign Andy Reid and Brett Veach to extensions soon. The 2 are paid in the middle range of NFL coaches and executives right now. After the extension is signed both should become the top paid in NFL now.

People are surprised KC didn’t do this til now.