Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

During the Rural Purge CBS did in the Early 70's which IMO was good many of the shows canceled were well past their best days and the shows that replaced them became Icons like MASH, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, and Bob Newhart. But most of the older variety shows were canceled like Red Skeleton which had been on for 20 years and the myth was he was so angry he destroyed all the film copies of the show.

Truth was Red was angry and when he heard the rumor, he allowed it to continue but eventually he told the truth that no matter how angry he was he'd never destroy 20 years of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Mr. Ed was actually a Zebra but since the show was in black and white nobody could tell.
    LOL…whaaaat?? How does black & white photography make zebra stripes disappear?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

From Cowboy Bebop, Spike Spiegel died earlier on and the entire series was basically his journey in the afterlife.

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-03-2024 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Kid in the milky bar ads lost an eye after being bullied and beaten at school...
    Here in the UK, I actually worked for the parents of the last ever Milky Bar Kid back in the 90s.

He, and they, were insufferable! You'd think he was an Oscar winner, not some kid in a well known advert, and he genuinely once asked me "Don't you know who I am?" I couldn't help but laugh in his face there.

His parents acted like they were raising the next Pitt or DiCaprio or something. In their eyes, he was the greatest acting talent the world would ever see and he was the first thing they mentioned at my interview: "You're aware our son was the last ever Milky Bar Kid, aren't you? We'll need you to be very discreet outside of work... we need to keep him safe." I mean, WTF?? He went to school as he was just a normal boy to absolutely everyone else, but his family were one step away from hiring protection for him due to his "celebrity status"...

If he was bullied, he definitely didn't lose an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Here in the UK, I actually worked for the parents of the last ever Milky Bar Kid back in the 90s.

He, and they, were insufferable! You'd think he was an Oscar winner, not some kid in a well known advert, and he genuinely once asked me "Don't you know who I am?" I couldn't help but laugh in his face there.

His parents acted like they were raising the next Pitt or DiCaprio or something. In their eyes, he was the greatest acting talent the world would ever see and he was the first thing they mentioned at my interview: "You're aware our son was the last ever Milky Bar Kid, aren't you? We'll need you to be very discreet outside of work... we need to keep him safe." I mean, WTF?? He went to school as he was just a normal boy to absolutely everyone else, but his family were one step away from hiring protection for him due to his "celebrity status"...

If he was bullied, he definitely didn't lose an eye.
    They should have taken the hint that the Milky Bar Kids had already been hunted to near extinction by then.

Lucille Ball claimed to have picked up secret radio transmissions from Japanese spies with her dental fillings.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

The star of Leave It To Beaver, Larry Matthews, was drafted in the sixties and killed in Vietnam.

From X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, the film (supposedly) originally ended with Dr. James Xavier screaming "I can still see!" after he tears out his own eyes.
    Sadly, TPTB deemed it too horrifying & forced the filmmakers to cut the final scene. The film then ends with a freeze-frame on Xavier's bloody eye sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Lucille Ball claimed to have picked up secret radio transmissions from Japanese spies with her dental fillings.
    ^^^Oh I totally believe that.

Fred Rogers was supposedly a decorated sniper during Vietnam.

Richard Gere and his like for Gerbils.

From Transformers '86, portions of Unicron's dialogue were recorded by an actor other than Orson Welles.
    Due to his passing before recording could be completed, Welles had to be replaced & Leonard Nimoy stepped in.
    Despite being repeatedly debunked throughout the years, this urban myth still persists.

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-07-2024 at 08:09 AM.

By that time Nimoy's deep voice was somewhat different due to his heavy smoking, as you can tell from the Star Trek movies so he wouldn't be quite a good voice stand in for Welles anyway.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There is the one about the hanging Munchkin body in Wizard of Oz.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Barry Williams allegedly had a love affair with Florence Henderson while they were making the Brady Bunch tv series.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe