Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default G.O.D.S. by Jonathan Hickman *Spoilers*

I started this thread after reading issues #1-4. Prior to that I couldn’t make any sense of what this was all about. I hope others who are reading this can help me comprehend what is going on here. Here is my interpretation. Please join in.

I’ve always wondered about the background forces in the Marvel Universe, and now Hickman is starting to analyse and describe what these forces are. We have heard of Eternity, the Living Tribunal, The ones Above All, but now we are introduced to the In-Betweener and these two other concepts, The natural order of thing and The powers that be, as well as the Oblivion. Hickman seems to be trying to describe what all these higher forms of powers are, maybe because Hickman has created a new Ultimate Universe, so he has to set the UU into a structure with these forces, these G.O.D.S, as he describes them. They must be Life and Death, Time, Gravity, Energy, Creation. Everything that makes up the Universe. Normally that would be the Infinity Stones, but they never encompassed everything that structured the Universe. Hickman is world building what those forces are, and the people who know they exist, and, what to do to control them, in their limited capabilities.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-01-2024 at 08:07 PM.