Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Are Power Pack adults yet?

Or has there been a future version of the kids depicted as adults?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Julie is in colleges, so she's an adult.
    And so is Alex who should even be in his mid or late 20s since he spent years outside of time with the Future Foundation. But he still looks like he's 18 or something.

I doubt they'll ever be allowed to be above 20 because it will make everybody else look older and Marvel doesn't want that.

Unrelated, but why the hell did the recent mini (set in the early years of Power Pack) give Julie blond hair and Katie red hair?
    Last edited by mugiwara; 02-03-2024 at 05:13 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Good question. Isn't Jack usually the only one who isn't blonde?

An adult Katie appears in A-Next, one of the MC2 books. She'd be in her early 20s in that.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kathe...er_(Earth-982)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Only Alex and Julie are adults.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I worked this out a couple years ago when the last Power Pack limited series came out...

Have they been consistent with the Power kids ages?

Originally....
    Alex (12)
    Julie (10)
    Jack (8)
    Katie Power (5)

Now...I get that age really depends on what the writer wants for kids and the story...but these are siblings...and Alex traipsing thru the timestream aside...age progression should be a constant.

For this argument I will use Julie as the baseline. Originally she was 10 years old...and in FF Vol 6 # 12 she mentions flunking out of college...so I would say that at a minimum she is 18-19 years old. Add in that it is mentioned by Alex in this series that he is months away from being 21 and can be the team's "mentor". So...8 years at minimum for Julie from 10 to 18 would put Jack at 16ish and Katie at 13ish...plus or minus based on actual time between births. But Katie and Jack seem to be written in this series as being much younger.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

yeah let's see, katie was the youngest, and Franklin was roughly her age (or barely younger) so if he's about 16-ish now, she'd have to be about that, which makes everybody older and adult-ish, but that crazy sliding timeline plus all the other stuff which people have mentioned, spending time in other parts of the universe, and being unpublished for several years in a row at a time, and...

it's fluctuated. plus stories published in the last 25 years or so have gone back and forth-- and whether those stories are "canon" or not also fluctuates.

Power Pack could benefit from their own "micro universe" of manga YA styled mini series, collected as trade paperbacks. Just have some capable writers and artists and let them do their thing, independent of what is going on in the 616 world.

They could have their own Harry Potter style franchise. Prose books, etc.

I wish I could write the kids. I'd give it a fun feel.

The only real mitigating factor is Franklin and Alex having spent five years recreating the multiverse. Now whether that means they've aged five more years, or they've aged five years while the rest of the world has aged a few months or so is still iffy and probably will remain like that so a not to impose a strict timescale on the entire Marvel Comics Universe.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Power Pack could benefit from their own "micro universe" of manga YA styled mini series, collected as trade paperbacks. Just have some capable writers and artists and let them do their thing, independent of what is going on in the 616 world.
    They did that a few years ago:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Pack_(Earth-5631)

Power Pack are going to be adults and Peter Parker will still living in his late 20s. In the mainstream (616) books I mean.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The only real mitigating factor is Franklin and Alex having spent five years recreating the multiverse. Now whether that means they've aged five more years, or they've aged five years while the rest of the world has aged a few months or so is still iffy and probably will remain like that so a not to impose a strict timescale on the entire Marvel Comics Universe.
    Franklin and Alex will have aged an extra four years. The Future Foundation was away for five years, but for Ben and Johnny who stayed behind and joined other teams, it was only one year. So yeah, Franklin should now be older than Katie and Jack.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

As far as alternate realities, there was grandma Katie from New Mutants #49

[

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Franklin and Alex will have aged an extra four years. The Future Foundation was away for five years, but for Ben and Johnny who stayed behind and joined other teams, it was only one year. So yeah, Franklin should now be older than Katie and Jack.
    True... but now the issue is (or rather remains) Valeria's age. She should be 10 years younger than Franklin. Even if she did age up an extra 4 years, she shouldn't look like they're the same age.

They don't just look the same age, they are the same age. You don't normally attend the same classes if you're in different grades. That's why I think (as I previously mentioned in the FF thread) either Val invented something to age herself up (like what happened to Gerry in Spider-Woman's latest issue, he was aged up by a Hydra gizmo), or Franklin used his powers to do so (which could explain why they ended up burning out). She definitely aged up more than five years, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It gave us teenage Beta Ray Bill with an afro.

They don't just look the same age, they are the same age. You don't normally attend the same classes if you're in different grades. That's why I think (as I previously mentioned in the FF thread) either Val invented something to age herself up (like what happened to Gerry in Spider-Woman's latest issue, he was aged up by a Hydra gizmo), or Franklin used his powers to do so (which could explain why they ended up burning out). She definitely aged up more than five years, you're right.
    Maybe she was abducted by an alternate Doom and spent 10 years as his apprentice in Science Limbo.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Not normally...but Val is a genius so may have skipped a few grades just by taking some tests.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?