Default Captain Caveman vs Batman

Captain Caveman vs Batman

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

It's been a LONG time since I watched the Flintstone Kids, but I'm pretty sure comics-Batman has WAY better dodging and speed feats than Captain Caveman.

The various cartoon versions vary based on the cartoon, but my gut feeling is CC's cartoonish damage soak was too good for a lot of them.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Just going to add this here and an example of what the Captain can do.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It's been a LONG time since I watched the Flintstone Kids, but I'm pretty sure comics-Batman has WAY better dodging and speed feats than Captain Caveman.

The various cartoon versions vary based on the cartoon, but my gut feeling is CC's cartoonish damage soak was too good for a lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Sold. It's looking bad for Bruce in the arena, barring toxins and gases.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile the DC comics version of Captain Caveman is the type to smash apart Manhunters. (And Nazis)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

The ability to eat a safe is indeed cool I don't really see how that puts him over Bats I mean i guess he can try to eat batman? I'd say picking up the safe with 1 hand is a better showing but I'm pretty sure bane can do the same thing I dont remember what else he can do but just going by this I can't give him the win.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The ability to eat a safe is indeed cool I don't really see how that puts him over Bats I'd say picking up the safe with 1 hand is a better showing but I'm pretty sure bane can do the same thing I remember what else he can do but just going by this I can't give him the win.
    He's not just picking up a safe with one hand. He's hammer spacing a safe out of his beard, picking it up with one hand, and swallowing it hole.

It's not often Batman fights enemies that can pulls safes out of nowhere and swallow anything he tries to throw at them.

It's not just safes though. He's also been known to pull live dinosaurs out of his beard.

Also, he has a Shazam-ish area effect transformation.

Extraordinary Member

Cap's powers weaken at random. But Bats still probably can't do much damage.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The ability to eat a safe is indeed cool I don't really see how that puts him over Bats I mean i guess he can try to eat batman? I'd say picking up the safe with 1 hand is a better showing but I'm pretty sure bane can do the same thing I dont remember what else he can do but just going by this I can't give him the win.
    Well, setting aside what you said (if he can eat this safe, he can eat Bruce), there's HOW he handles the safe.

He doesn't just 'pick it up with one hand'.

He pulls it out of his coat with the same, casual ease that I'd pull my phone out. He then pops it into the air with the palm of his hand like it's a jellybean.

This is far in excess of anything Bane can do. We're getting into Spider-man territory if he's treating something weighing hundreds of pounds like a peanut.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, setting aside what you said (if he can eat this safe, he can eat Bruce), there's HOW he handles the safe.

He doesn't just 'pick it up with one hand'.

He pulls it out of his coat with the same, casual ease that I'd pull my phone out. He then pops it into the air with the palm of his hand like it's a jellybean.

This is far in excess of anything Bane can do. We're getting into Spider-man territory if he's treating something weighing hundreds of pounds like a peanut.
    Ya but he has to hit Bats with whatever he pulls out I don't think he can he also has to catch Bats to eat him the real question is what damage can CC take is he full on toon as in getting run over or blown up and just get back up? If so cap definitely wins.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Ya but he has to hit Bats with whatever he pulls out I don't think he can he also has to catch Bats to eat him the real question is what damage can CC take is he full on toon as in getting run over or blown up and just get back up? If so cap definitely wins.
    As far as I remember, he's full-on toon most of the time. He can get fully smashed flat, exploded, all of that kind of stuff, and suffer zero lasting harm. Sure, a big lump might come out of his head, but it doesn't DO anything to him and he shakes it off like Taylor Swift. I think Bruce is in trouble here - Cavey has shrugged off a lot more than Bruce can dish without prep.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As far as I remember, he's full-on toon most of the time. He can get fully smashed flat, exploded, all of that kind of stuff, and suffer zero lasting harm. Sure, a big lump might come out of his head, but it doesn't DO anything to him and he shakes it off like Taylor Swift. I think Bruce is in trouble here - Cavey has shrugged off a lot more than Bruce can dish without prep.
    Fully toon= stomp those things are dangerous