Spectacular Member

Default Ms Marvel: Mutant Menace #1 Textless Preview

Spectacular Member

Hordeculture feels like they could have come from a Ms Marvel book so its a very good choice of bad guys to me.
    Last edited by dang0; 02-03-2024 at 03:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very nice art. The team hanging out in the sewers making food gives me Ninja Turtles vibes. And I'm happy to see the Uncanny Avengers team rejoining the main one.

The Uncanny Avengers and X-Men have actually been sharing the sewers hideout all along. Of course the UA roster was mostly X-Men this time anyway - only Captain America has no other X links at all (Deadpool and Quicksilver have both been on other X teams, X-Force and X-Factor). Spider-Man (Peter), Iron Man, and Gold Goblin have also visited the sewer HQ.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm finding Ms. Marvel's entry into mutantdom adorable so far. I'll buy this for camp queens Hordeculture and Monet interacting with Deadpool.

BANNED

'Ya know, for a Terrigenesis activated Inhuman suddently turned Hybrid-Mutant I wonder where Kamala Khan has been since Orchis declared war on all of Mutantdom in House of X?

I mean last I checked Kamala had officially gone undercover on behalf of the X-Men in Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant #1 and I'm waiting to see her fight side by side with Monet and Sooraya or at the very least get together for a Muslim girl's night out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You just answered your own question.

Is this where we actually find out what her mutant powers are?

My question would be" shouldn't she not be walking around in her X costume? (even if it is partially hidden under a puffy coat...those boots and the red scarf are distinctive and so is her hairstyle. Out of costume she could pull her hair up or something.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-04-2024 at 07:24 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Kamala gets to deal with the Hordeculure herself. She wasn't good enough to face the likes of High Evolution with Ev yet. No offense Kamala.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Nope!

My question would be" shouldn't she not be walking around in her X costume? (even if it is partially hidden under a puffy coat...those boots and the red scarf are distinctive and so is her hairstyle. Out of costume she could pull her up or something.)
    Well, Kamala can shape-shift like Raven and grow and shrink like Pym and Van Dyne so... And, maybe because she's an Inhuman Mutant her mixed-species DNA vexes the Sentinel Mutant Detection suites much like Franklin Richards does now...
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-03-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Uncanny Avengers and X-Men have actually been sharing the sewers hideout all along. Of course the UA roster was mostly X-Men this time anyway - only Captain America has no other X links at all (Deadpool and Quicksilver have both been on other X teams, X-Force and X-Factor).
    Not just Cap -- Black Widow also hasn't been an X-Man and she was also part of the latest Unity Squad team.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I mean last I checked Kamala had officially gone undercover on behalf of the X-Men in Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant #1 and I'm waiting to see her fight side by side with Monet and Sooraya or at the very least get together for a Muslim girl's night out.
    Dust is a Champion, so Kamala already fought alongside her. A reunion needs to happen ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

My question would be" shouldn't she not be walking around in her X costume? (even if it is partially hidden under a puffy coat...those boots and the red scarf are distinctive and so is her hairstyle. Out of costume she could pull her up or something.)
    Yeah, her hair should be long enough, but she almost never does anything different with it, she just leaves it loose both in civilian clothes and in costume - the only variation seems to be the length, which has always depended on the artist (her standard look is shoulder length with bangs, but it's sometimes drawn longer and without bangs and in one annual is bobbed, which actually matches her concept art but none of her other appearances). I think the only time she's even worn a ponytail is in Ahmed's run during a gym class at school. The MCU version is more realistic with that, she does vary how she wears her hair there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This looks fun. And Monet and Kamala in the same room! Wow! One of my wishes finally came true!

Hordeculture though? I can't pretend I haven't herd grumblings about how Kamala "isn't doing anything" in this Orchis fight and they give her them as opponents? Hmm.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

I'm ready for Kamala to go back to her old suit.

Carlos Gomez can't seem to draw short-haired Rogue well. He draws a nice Kwannon and Monet though!

Kamala deserves better than fighting Hordeculture.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm ready for Kamala to go back to her old suit.

Carlos Gomez can't seem to draw short-haired Rogue well. He draws a nice Kwannon and Monet though!

Kamala deserves better than fighting Hordeculture.
    She passed an opportunity to fight The High Evolutionary. No one else is dealing with the Hordeculture, so it's her job to fight them.