Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Animated and live-action roles you're surprised were played by the same actor

What animated character and live-action character are you surprised were played by the same actor?

* Lacey Chabert voiced Eliza Thornberry from The Wild Thornberries and played Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls.

* Jason Gray********** voiced Raditz in Dragon Ball Z and voiced Donatello in the live-action Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. He also played Randall Disher in Monk and voiced the titular character in Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century.

* Aldis Hodge voiced King on Alpha Teens On Machines and played Hardison on Leverage. These two characters could not be more different.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-04-2024 at 04:17 AM.

Michael Rosenbaum as both the Flash in Justice League and Lex Luthor in Smallville.

It blew my mind at 13 that Luke Skywalker was going to voice the Joker.

Also I was skeptical of "Jethro" from the Drew Carey Show voicing Batman, but he did a great job.

Is Stan ford censored when written out in full? Stanford.

edit: It's not. Huh.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

"Mr. Big" ("I'm Gonna Git You Sucka") was the voice of Iron Man '66 & two other characters...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-04-2024 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ed Asner playing JJ on 'Spider-Man' and Granny Goodness on 'Superman TAS' blew my little mind.

It's interesting that Ashley Johnson, who originated the role of Ellie in Last of Us video-game wise and plenty of other animated series got started as the Youngest Seaver sibling on the later seasons of Growing Pains.

Also the waitress in Avengers. She was supposed to have some extra scenes with Cap but they were cut.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

One of the weirdest ones is that Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas (Stacy Ferguson) was the voice of Sally Brown for a few Peanuts specials in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's interesting that Ashley Johnson, who originated the role of Ellie in Last of Us video-game wise and plenty of other animated series got started as the Youngest Seaver sibling on the later seasons of Growing Pains.

Also the waitress in Avengers. She was supposed to have some extra scenes with Cap but they were cut.
    At least she ended up getting a ton of scenes with Lady Sif. (y'know, on "Blindspot")

I literally couldn't believe it when I found out Brent Spiner was Bob Wheeler on "Night Court." My mind could picture it, but I kept doubting it like "maybe it was just someone that looked like him." But of course it was him and he even dipped a bit into that voice a few times on "Star Trek."
    [EDIT]: Oh, this thread is about an animated role paired with a live action one. I thought it was either, rather than one of each... got it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-05-2024 at 10:22 AM.

^^^Speaking of "Night Court", Bull was the voice for BTAS Two-Face

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-04-2024 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Ed Asner playing JJ on 'Spider-Man' and Granny Goodness on 'Superman TAS' blew my little mind.
    He was also Cosgrove on Freakazoid!

Hamill voiced the joker in batman the animated series and the live action birds of prey series.

He also played the live action trickster in flash and in the jlu cartoon.

Hobgoblin in Spider-man as well.

He was even Wolverine once, in a video game released around the time of X2.

Although he doesn't do that much live-action acting, David Hayter wrote the first two X-men movies, Watchmen, an earlier draft of Hulk but is known mainly for his voice acting, appearing as Captain America in Spider-man TAS, a number of anime roles but of course is most famous as the english dub voice of Solid Snake and his "father" Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 1-4 and a few of the spin-offs.

He also plays a police officer cameo in X-men, as the cop who finds Mystique.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Hobgoblin in Spider-man as well.

He was even Wolverine once, in a video game released around the time of X2.

Although he doesn't do that much live-action acting, David Hayter wrote the first two X-men movies, Watchmen, an earlier draft of Hulk but is known mainly for his voice acting, appearing as Captain America in Spider-man TAS, a number of anime roles but of course is most famous as the english dub voice of Solid Snake and his "father" Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 1-4 and a few of the spin-offs.

He also plays a police officer cameo in X-men, as the cop who finds Mystique.

And he was the American live-action Guyver in the second movie Guyver: Dark Hero, at least a couple of years before he'd end up voicing Captain America in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. Funny enough, Mark Hamill was in the first American live-action Guyver movie as well, about a year or so before he came to voice the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    "Mr. Big" ("I'm Gonna Git You Sucka") was the voice of Iron Man '66 & two other characters...

That would be John Vernon, best known for his role as Dean Wormer in Animal House. He also voiced Dr. Strange in a few episodes of the 1990s Spider-man animated series.
    Watching television is not an activity.