Extraordinary Member

Default Lemar Hoskins: Battlestar Appreciation 2024

One of the many characters with so much potential but is just ignored. Or done dirty like they did in TF&WS...

I just wish Priest had said who he married and has a kid with. The only romantic interest I can remember is Lightbright from his Wild Pack days.

Last edited by Chris0013; 02-04-2024 at 07:44 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    One of the many characters with so much potential but is just ignored. Or done dirty like they did in TF&WS...

I just wish Priest had said who he married and has a kid with. The only romantic interest I can remember is Lightbright from his Wild Pack days.

I just read that US Agent American Zealot TPB.
    spoilers:

good stuff overall. Very intriguing that Priest brought up the criticisms of Bucky/Battlestar at the time, obliquely referencing Dwayne McDuffie's conversations with Mark Gruenwald. I also remember reading some of those original issues when Steve was replaced, and there was a passing mention of Lemar taking remedial English classes (well, dang!)

April Manning seemed to die at the end, but I'm wondering if he did not. He could make an interesting future adversary for Battle Star.

I hope Lemar is healed, and goes back to his family life. I hope that Priest can follow up on these threads. I wonder is he still a contractor with the Wild Pack, or a federal contractor like Walker apparently is now?

end of spoilers

I also don't remember him ever meeting Patriot/Eli, which, seems like it would be a no-brainer. Hopefully they can have a team up and BattleStar can become a mentor for him.

I wish they hadn't killed him off in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember thinking to myself that it's messed up that he didn't get at least his own basic triangle shield, and then they go and do "that" episode.. sigh..
    I have to admit at first I thought that John might try to revive him with the blue serum before the demise was confirmed. Alas.. dude just drank it all down himself. Oh well..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. That was just crap. I get Lemar in comics isn't that popular but that was just wrong.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

He should be brought back along with his mutant girlfriend.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    He should be brought back along with his mutant girlfriend.
    I am assuming...until otherwise stated...that is his wife.

I always felt Battlestar is interesting and underrated as a character.

I don't remember that he ever got his own comic book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I always felt Battlestar is interesting and underrated as a character.

I don't remember that he ever got his own comic book.
    Never his own book...but he did get picked up in Silver Sable and The Wild Pack for much of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Never his own book...but he did get picked up in Silver Sable and The Wild Pack for much of its run.
    I used to own a few issues of Silver Sable and The Wild Pack. It was not exactly entertaining for me. That's why I never read the whole run to the end of the series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I used to own a few issues of Silver Sable and The Wild Pack. It was not exactly entertaining for me. That's why I never read the whole run to the end of the series.
    It was kind of all over the place with some of the characters.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Always thought it should have been the name of a team, not a single hero: Battlestars. Kind of like the Green Lantern Corps or Nova Corps, only instead of the organization having extraterrestrial origins, we flip the script and make Earth the launching point of the spacefaring justice and goodwill team. With so many omnipotent objects and supernatural forces on the planet at any given time -- not to mention all of the beings like the Molecule Man who rate as some of the most powerful beings in the multiverse -- the powers behind the group wouldn't be hard to sort out. I thought it would be an interesting twist. But I guess that would have been too much of a callback to the TV series.