Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Arrowverse Birds of Prey (just a thought)

I am a big fan of the Arrowverse's Arrow & Legends of Tomorrow so I was thinking of a Birds of Prey live action (been done) which I know & the Canaries should have been a great spin off yet had a thought of reimagine version that's part Birds of Prey part Canaries. My thought was have Katherine McNamara return as the daughter of Ollie & Felicity and bring Avery Kristen Pohl as the new Huntress the daughter of Batman & Catwoman (no powers) but I"m stumped on the mentor Barbara Gordon is idea but I was thinking Sara Lance or Laurel Lance, any thoughts?
    Last edited by red winter; 02-04-2024 at 08:14 AM. Reason: error
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How many of the Birds even appeared in Arrowverse outside the 5 versions of Black Canary?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How many of the Birds even appeared in Arrowverse outside the 5 versions of Black Canary?
    ^^^Actress Jessica De Gouw as The Huntress.

She was an antagonist, and the costume was generic af.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    She was more like a tragic femme fatale, but I enjoyed her few appearances. And the outfit wasn't bad for the CW - better than Laurel's Canary outfit, which tried too hard and ended up looking silly, imo. (but I guess that fit her character... imo)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Actress Jessica De Gouw as The Huntress.

May as well have been another Canary. They had a good Black Canary in season two and effed it up. That's a big reason I never got into the show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    She was more like a tragic femme fatale, but I enjoyed her few appearances. And the outfit wasn't bad for the CW - better than Laurel's Canary outfit, which tried too hard and ended up looking silly, imo. (but I guess that fit her character... imo)
    ^^^I thought this was the best Canary outfit bar none.

^^ Agreed. Sara was the best Canary in terms of costume, character, backstory and physical ability (because of Caity's background and all-around bad-assedness). It sucked that she left "Arrow", but she deserved the spotlight she got on "Legends..."

^^ Agreed. Sara was the best Canary in terms of costume, character, backstory and physical ability (because of Caity's background and all-around bad-assedness). It sucked that she left "Arrow", but she deserved the spotlight she got on "Legends..."
    ^^^Yeah she did!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If you include minor/non essential/short time members, there were Katana, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Poison Ivy and Gypsy.

And of course, there was Huntress

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I am a big fan of the Arrowverse's Arrow & Legends of Tomorrow so I was thinking of a Birds of Prey live action (been done) which I know & the Canaries should have been a great spin off yet had a thought of reimagine version that's part Birds of Prey part Canaries. My thought was have Katherine McNamara return as the daughter of Ollie & Felicity and bring Avery Kristen Pohl as the new Huntress the daughter of Batman & Catwoman (no powers) but I"m stumped on the mentor Barbara Gordon is idea but I was thinking Sara Lance or Laurel Lance, any thoughts?
    They had a spinoff with Ollie and Felicity's daughter with Black Siren and that felt like their approach to Birds of Prey.

I agree but Laurel deserved better.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wouldn't be interested in a BOP spin-off w/all newbies.

Should've given us a spin off after s4 of Arrow. Laurel as BC, recast Helena, convince WB to use Babs as Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They had a spinoff with Ollie and Felicity's daughter with Black Siren and that felt like their approach to Birds of Prey.
    That plotline was never resolved, right?
    Has been a while since I watched those last few episodes of Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I dropped off the CWverse around season 5 of Arrow so I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2024 at 01:05 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    There was a backdoor pilot episode on Arrow for "Green Arrow and the Canaries", it was the second to last episode from the series, but it wasn't pick up as a new series.

There were still references to it 2 years later when Mia appeared during Flash's Armaggedon event episode on S8.

Just like the Legends being arrested and cancelled, Mia never had the chance to save her brother who was kidnapped.