1. Noah Bennet
    2. Monica Dawson
    3. Niki Sanders or Superpowered!Mohinder Suresh
    4. Post-nerf!Peter Petrelli
    5. Ando Masahashi
    6. Hiro Nakamura
    7. Daphne Millbrook
    8. full-powered Peter Petrelli

the fights is h2h only, and TIfa can only use her materias when she can't proceed further in this gauntlet
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Dude's going to have a hard time feeling up her brains when she can use that skull to block Hellfire missiles.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Dude's going to have a hard time feeling up her brains when she can use that skull to block Hellfire missiles.
    does TIfa clear this gauntlet?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

I don't know Heros well enough to judge. Do they have anyone who could beat the Thing?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I feel the only real threat to Tifa here is Fully-Powered Peter Petrelli, using his powers of super-speed and telepathically mind-controlling Tifa for the win. Or maybe nuclear exploding on her, which also Ten-count's Peter, so that would be a tie. Assuming either one will work. He could also go Intangible, making it hard for Tifa to actually DO anything against him, and possibly teleport her somewhere very unconfortable (I don't know, can he teleport her into space?).

I don't think anyone beneath Peter is anything but 'hard to hit' (Hiro using his powers as effectively as we see him use them) or 'a speedbump to Tifa'.

However, Peter Petrelli is one of the few characters I know with what I would consider absolutely crippling CIS. It's not a matter of 'PIS is strong in this one', it's that we have actually never, ever seen him use his powers reasonably effectively. Like, it's a thing with him. He's hopeless.

Granted, he could simply fly out of reach, and that would be something I can see Peter do. On the other hand, if Tifa cannot then proceed she gets her materia, in which case fully-powered Peter becomes a paralyzed, sleeping, poisoned frog.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Reboot Tifa babyshakes the whole goddamn gauntlet and plays around with their heads like soccer.

Anyone that can scale to Cloud Strife and control the Knights of the Round Table late in the game is pretty much fucking multi solar system at least, which is more than enough to enable anyone to put Peter Petrelli and the entire Heroes verse under their heel.

Even Fodder-Ass Turks can already pose a damn threat to the entire verse.
    Last edited by Nightmare Cinema; 02-16-2024 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Cinema View Post
    Anyone that can scale to Cloud Strife and control the Knights of the Round Table late in the game is pretty much fucking multi solar system at least, which is more than enough to enable anyone to put Peter Petrelli and the entire Heroes verse under their heel.
    Could you expand on this point?

Safer-Sephiroth using Supernova appeared to blow up the solar system several times during the party's encounter with them but the world of Final Fantasy 7 is still intact during the events of Advent Children, so I'm not sure how this tracks.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Safer-Sephiroth using Supernova appeared to blow up the solar system several times during the party's encounter with them but the world of Final Fantasy 7 is still intact during the events of Advent Children, so I'm not sure how this tracks.
    a prevailing theory is that sephy is transporting the team to a alternate dimension, blows up the solar system in that reality and makes them eat it to the face.

but that's just one of them. can't tell you for sure either or.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a prevailing theory is that sephy is transporting the team to a alternate dimension, blows up the solar system in that reality and makes them eat it to the face.

but that's just one of them. can't tell you for sure either or.
    A prevailing what...?

...I may regret this, but is there a verifiable creator's statement on the matter somewhere, or is this conjecture based on Sephiroth appearing to blow up the sun, and the characters surviving to take their next turn with status ailments?

Even though Meteor, something explicitly planetary scale at most, is the major threat for the latter half of the game?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

A prevailing what...?

...I may regret this, but is there a verifiable creator's statement on the matter somewhere, or is this conjecture based on Sephiroth appearing to blow up the sun, and the characters surviving to take their next turn with status ailments?

Even though Meteor, something explicitly planetary scale at most, is the major threat for the latter half of the game?
    its the main theory on what sephy is doing in that attack. i've heard so many theories: sephy created a pocket dimension and blowing it up, its just a illusion that somehow has tangible impact, the attack being so powerful that that's the only way the gang can perceive it, etc.

its a mess of a thing to understand and probably why its not really used as a feat when talking about sephy and the rest. you hurt your brain trying to understand it.

I mean Disgaea is clear about that, so I give them credit for that, but Sephiroth is wacky.

Sephiroth appearing to blow up the sun, and the characters surviving to take their next turn with status ailments?
    The Best Part? It's Percentage damage. It CAN'T kill any of your dudes.

its the main theory on what sephy is doing in that attack. i've heard so many theories: sephy created a pocket dimension and blowing it up, its just a illusion that somehow has tangible impact, the attack being so powerful that that's the only way the gang can perceive it, etc.

its a mess of a thing to understand and probably why its not really used as a feat when talking about sephy and the rest. you hurt your brain trying to understand it.
    The other idea is powerful magic (especially Summons) in FF7 ALWAYS restore the collateral damage at the end of the attack animation, so this is just one more example.

BANNED

Read the guidebooks bro. That **** confirms that Safer Sephiroth's Supernova is a blast that literally fucking destroys an entire dimensional space and like MunchKing said, the attack itself occurs in another different dimension where Cloud and his party are directly transported and Cloud takes the solar system literally being blown up and annihalated in his fucking face. Yes Cloud took a goddamn solar system to the face and survived it. And yeah it's a actually fucking real solar system/sun itself. No illusions or all that bullshit.

And Tifa scales directly to Cloud for durability, so you do the math here.

while all this may be true, it is still a gameplay mechanic, i don't think supernova was ever narratively part of Sephiroth's powers. if we want to use gameplay as feats then they didnt tank 1 supernova, but multiple ones as i can just start the game up and let him get hit by it as many times as i want.

Cutscenes, narratives etc are alot easier and less foggy to determain a character's powers in video games, which is why i like the reboot game for feats since there are so many cutscenes in it. Now in like 4-5 years we see the new supernova and it's in a cutscene with cloud taking it to the chin ill come back to this thread and admit defeat

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Cinema View Post
    Read the guidebooks bro. That **** confirms that Safer Sephiroth's Supernova is a blast that literally fucking destroys an entire dimensional space and like MunchKing said, the attack itself occurs in another different dimension where Cloud and his party are directly transported and Cloud takes the solar system literally being blown up and annihalated in his fucking face. Yes Cloud took a goddamn solar system to the face and survived it. And yeah it's a actually fucking real solar system/sun itself. No illusions or all that bullshit.
    Citation needed. Which guidebooks? "Just fucking trust me bro" sounds rather dubious, you understand.

And Tifa scales directly to Cloud for durability, so you do the math here.
    Zack Fair also scales to Cloud. Were the Shinra firearms that killed him designed to take down celestial bodies?

Moreover, in Advent Children, was Loz punching with the power to crush moons when he fought Tifa?

This scaling seems nonsensical and hyperbolic if Cloud could have just jumped through the atmosphere and cut the Meteor in half when even materia nukes couldn't do anything.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The SMvsFL rule exists for a reason on this forum.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate