Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Oh hell yes! Koch was the MAN! I grew up w. that guy.

As for the story well, it’s not all that weird.
    I was at Forbidden Planet comic shop that day, just browsing, and ran across a book called GRENDEL, the monthly starring Christine Sparr (I’d never heard of Hunter Rose, but would).

I totally dug it, and grabbed all the available issues but the store didn’t have the all important first issue.

The guy at the counter made a few calls for me, and found a shop in midtown that had it, so off I went.

I totally did not factor in the parade.

Once off the subway I realized it was between me and the comic shop so…I went for it.

It was surprisingly easy to cut across but yeah, the cops were on my ASS; I barely got away.

And I did get that first issue!
    LOL

Man, that's a great story, though I don't think I would have had the courage to have done it myself (though it was a first issue...)
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    LOL

Man, that's a great story, though I don't think I would have had the courage to have done it myself (though it was a first issue...)
    ^^^lol yeah!
    I think back on the stupid things I did growing up and wanna Gibbs smack myself sometimes.

The United States used to celebrate a holiday on November 23rd called Evacuation Day, celebrating the departure of the British from New York City.

It declined over the years as the revolutionary war receded from living memory, the Americans realized they still needed to work with the British, and Lincoln's Thanksgiving proclamation created a new holiday around the same time.

I think it could come back as the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm half-Italian and that side of my family has never made a big deal of the holiday based on our ancestry (and I say that as someone who grew up in the NYC metropolitan area). My Irish half, however, is a totally different story. Both sides make a fairly big deal of St. Patrick's Day (as a Roman Catholic holiday, it makes sense).
    It is kinda funny that St Patrick's Day is a bigger deal in the US than in Ireland. The prime minister of Ireland comes to Boston (and sometimes DC) to celebrate.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...s-1581968.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The United States used to celebrate a holiday on November 23rd called Evacuation Day, celebrating the departure of the British from New York City.

It declined over the years as the revolutionary war receded from living memory, the Americans realized they still needed to work with the British, and Lincoln's Thanksgiving proclamation created a new holiday around the same time.

I have read countless history books and seen numerous documentaries, yet this is the first time I have heard about this deceased holiday.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It is kinda funny that St Patrick's Day is a bigger deal in the US than in Ireland. The prime minister of Ireland comes to Boston (and sometimes DC) to celebrate.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...s-1581968.html
    Funny thing about both of these. Boston politicians like drinking on St Paddy's Day. So Boston's county takes the day off, there are parades where there's a lot of drinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evacua...Massachusetts)
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

National Gorilla Suit Day.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    National Gorilla Suit Day.
    ^^^All hail Don Martin!