Default Glaurung vs Iron Man

1. Glaurung vs movie Iron Man

2. Glaurung vs comicbook Iron Man

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    1. Glaurung vs movie Iron Man
    Going to need more information regarding movie Iron Man's capabilities (it has been a while), but as I recall he has armor-penetrating missiles and a laser weapon that can carve up one of those space worms from the inside.

There is nothing preventing him from taking to the air and blasting away with impunity, outside of him being dumb enough to let Glaurang get close enough to him to start with the hypnosis/mind control. Really needs to meet Glaurung's gaze for that to work, and I'm iffy on that working through cameras as well (Movie Iron Man doesn't really have eye-holes, he uses his sensor suite).

Depending on his weapon capabilities it might take a bit (or not), but Glaurang isn't touching him because Glaurung doesn't have any ranged attacks and cannot fly.

2. Glaurung vs comicbook Iron Man
    This is an even more horrifying mismatch and in the grand tradition of Rumbles I must ask if Glaurung stole your lunch money or mugged your parents in a back alley of Gotham city.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Seconding Sharp, this seems like a really weird match: a flier with extremely potent ranged attacks against a ground-bound foe with limited/absent ranged attacks.

Going further than Sharp here, movie Iron Man is going to be his Infinity War / Endgame version - that version will not have to work much to win this, being VASTLY more powerful than the stand-alone IM movie versions.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Forgot about that one. Yeah, that makes round one a lot faster.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

He also has access to the Hulkbuster satellite upgrade pack. Y’know, the one that was punching Hulk to sleep.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He also has access to the Hulkbuster satellite upgrade pack. Y’know, the one that was punching Hulk to sleep.
    It's questionable if that's even an upgrade over the Bleeding Edge stuff. Hulk was absolutely trivially dominated by Thanos, carrying but not apparently using one stone. Tony in the fancy togs fought not all that far from even for a while with Thanos actively using 4 stones.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan