Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    JDW and Co. dropped several balls.
    The weirdest part is how they insisted that all those FoX series had to be mini’s so they would end before Jan, but then the status quo (primarily Duggan’s set up from the Gala) didn’t change at all.

Anyways I’m very appreciative we have this now, otherwise there would be so many hanging threads and missing characters.

Mighty Member

I’m happy that Betsy is getting some respect and being written like she deserves. I wish I could read this… if anyone can screenshoot a panel or two of her fight the sentinels, that would be awesome. Is Betsy finally entering her “Ewing Storm” phase where she is being written to be bad ass again?

Someone get me Storm Magneto and Betsy all together please. That’s a dynamic that hasn’t been brought together in this era, but NEEDS to be.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I don’t understand how this isn’t a monthly printed book.
    In Shounen terms, this whole arc works for a weekly printed book.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Some parts of the art are getting sloppy. But still a great read.

I wondere one thing, since when does Shatterstar teleport? Had it always been, but barely used, or is this a new thing?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

I didn't remember Rictor and Shatterstar being together again, last I knew wasn't Rictor with Apocalypse or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't remember Rictor and Shatterstar being together again, last I knew wasn't Rictor with Apocalypse or whatever.
    Girl No!
    Rictor was Apocalypses pool/house boi for that wiiiild summer on Krakoa....before he had to go back to his wife and kids
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m happy that Betsy is getting some respect and being written like she deserves. I wish I could read this… if anyone can screenshoot a panel or two of her fight the sentinels, that would be awesome. Is Betsy finally entering her “Ewing Storm” phase where she is being written to be bad ass again?

Someone get me Storm Magneto and Betsy all together please. That’s a dynamic that hasn’t been brought together in this era, but NEEDS to be.
    Pop over to the Betsy thread for a few scans and if you happen to have X/Twitter they're popping up on the xspoilers hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Some parts of the art are getting sloppy. But still a great read.

I wondere one thing, since when does Shatterstar teleport? Had it always been, but barely used, or is this a new thing?
    This goes back to Peter David's X-Factor I believe. He returned from the Mojoverse with the ability to open the X shaped portals. According to wiki he "must rest at least four hours before teleporting again, as he would otherwise risk the death of himself and anyone he is transporting."

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Girl No!
    Rictor was Apocalypses pool/house boi for that wiiiild summer on Krakoa....before he had to go back to his wife and kids
    LOL! Good to see you, boo.

Yeah, Shatterstar and Rictor talk about it while hiding in the sewers in Knights of X #3. I believe it's the first time they say I love you to each other on panel perhaps. But Julio and A were never a couple couple.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Phillip Sevy:

X-Men Unlimited 125 is OUT! Not only is @NickRoche KILLING it on art (with GORGEOUS colors by @nitro_yen) but I got to design Rictor's new look that debuted here. The Steves wanted a look that mixed his druid and punk aesthetics. And here's what I came up with! #xspoilers

I'm sooo happy Julio is back. He, Betsy, and Shattybuns working together again brings me much joy.
    I love the outfit and thought you would too !

Ok I read it again. I love how feisty she is again. Certain words seem weird to me but thats a me thing lol "you lot" "crack on" "buggers" do Brits say this (seems dated)

Ugh I wish this was given floppies and had more eyes on it. You can tell they rushed FoX and now they are trying to fix things.

I love the rotating artists and given their deadlines I think they are doing awesome.

We're going to have a break out next issue. Gonna need more action and some introspection. I wonder if they are dealing with the ORCHIS/Selene/Coven or if thats what Dani and gang are dealing with.

Really digging the dynamic between Shattybuns and Betsy. They should spar and practice together.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok I read it again. I love how feisty she is again. Certain words seem weird to me but thats a me thing lol "you lot" "crack on" "buggers" do Brits say this (seems dated)
    It was maybe a bit over done, but I’d say fairly accurate.

I really enjoyed this issue. It was so good to enjoy reading Betsy again! She was snarky, self-assured and deadly, just as she should be. And her and Shatterstar teaming up was awesome. I wonder if we’ll see any other mutants added to the team when they raid the prison camp next issue.

I loved Betsy’s line about doing something rash and violent.

I could’ve done without “Shattybuns” (do they even know each other that well?) and the forced mention of Rachel (I’m beginning to think it’s an editorial mandate that Betsy and Rachel have to mention each other if they’re in an issue without the other) but overall, another solid issue in this arc!
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post

I really enjoyed this issue. It was so good to enjoy reading Betsy again! She was snarky, self-assured and deadly, just as she should be. And her and Shatterstar teaming up was awesome. I wonder if we’ll see any other mutants added to the team when they raid the prison camp next issue.

I could’ve done without “Shattybuns” (do they even know each other that well?) and the forced mention of Rachel (I’m beginning to think it’s an editorial mandate that Betsy and Rachel have to mention each other if they’re in an issue without the other) but overall, another solid issue in this arc!
    I'm looking forward to seeing who might pop up in the prison raid too.

Shattybuns might be a wink to fans since that nickname has stuck for a while. I think Feral first called him that way back in X-Force so I can see it sticking and characters using it to tease him. He and Betsy spent a decent amount of time together in Excalibur and KoX - off the top of my head I remember they all had to sleep around a campfire overnight once as well as in the sewers. She probably gave herself a good chuckle calling him that.

Incredible Member

Betsy says the British government is just as complicit in the abduction of mutants as the States. They're watching the polls and pretending to tolerate her because of the symbol on her chest, but she refuses to be discussed to death. Shatterstar opens a portal along the library wall, he and Rictor about to enter. Betsy dons her helmet and says in politics there are times one's called to knock on some doors. "And the first door up is sure to get people's attention."

Next: Borstal Breakout!

Let's go!!
    Any old British punk rockers here? That's a Sham 69 single title from back in the day, maybe 1978 or '79.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post

Eh i don’t see it is as forced considering this and Dead X-Men are their first major appearances since they were together in the solo series. If a reader who specifically follows Betsy or Rachel picks these books up, they’re gonna wanna know why they’re not currently working together. Now if random mentions KEEP popping up yeah it might be a little extra. But also no more extra than Scott having sex dreams about Jean that having nothing to do with the rest of the issue it’s in.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Any old British punk rockers here? That's a Sham 69 single title from back in the day, maybe 1978 or '79.
    I'm not familiar with the band nor song but I had a feeling it could be punk or rock reference because there was one in Betsy's book I believe. I looked it up and I like the lyrics.

I'm sitting in this cell for something I didn't do
    And all I can think of is baby I think of you
    Don't worry baby coming back for you

There's gonna be a borstal breakout

Well now I'm over the wall I'm nearly home
    I'm coming through that door coming back for you
    Now I'm nearly home nearly back for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Eh i don’t see it is as forced considering this and Dead X-Men are their first major appearances since they were together in the solo series. If a reader who specifically follows Betsy or Rachel picks these books up, they’re gonna wanna know why they’re not currently working together. Now if random mentions KEEP popping up yeah it might be a little extra. But also no more extra than Scott having sex dreams about Jean that having nothing to do with the rest of the issue it’s in.
    Preach.

I'm looking forward to seeing who might pop up in the prison raid too.

Shattybuns might be a wink to fans since that nickname has stuck for a while. I think Feral first called him that way back in X-Force so I can see it sticking and characters using it to tease him. He and Betsy spent a decent amount of time together in Excalibur and KoX - off the top of my head I remember they all had to sleep around a campfire overnight once as well as in the sewers. She probably gave herself a good chuckle calling him that.
    Fair enough, I didn’t know it was a wink to fans. I forgot about Betsy and Shatterstar working together in those books. Just goes to show how different writers can make dynamics pop in different ways!

What British mutants could be in the mix? Has there been anything about where Brian, Meggan, Wisdom, and Faiza are?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I disagree. While the sex element was unnecessary, Scott’s dream was at least linked to his arc and whatever’s going on with Jean in the White Hot Room. This was “Remember I’m dating Rachel!” in the middle of a battle/rescue scene. That being said, I do acknowledge that I’m overly alert to this relationship being forced because it felt so contrived to me under Howard’s pen. That left a bad taste in my mouth that no doubt influences my opinion here.
    Last edited by Agent Grayson; 02-06-2024 at 01:09 AM.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."