Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wonder if Nova Roma means Magma will also show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Fair enough, I didn’t know it was a wink to fans. I forgot about Betsy and Shatterstar working together in those books. Just goes to show how different writers can make dynamics pop in different ways!

What British mutants could be in the mix? Has there been anything about where Brian, Meggan, Wisdom, and Faiza are?
    So far no word on where the rest of the Braddocks, Faiza, Wisdom and the rest of STRIKE are. For some reason Chamber keeps coming to mind and I don't remember when last we saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wonder if Nova Roma means Magma will also show up?
    Yeah I think it's very possible. Does anyone recall when/where we last saw her?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

An almost irrelevant webcomic better used Betsy's Captain Britain than all printed issues Tini Howard had written.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    An almost irrelevant webcomic better used Betsy's Captain Britain than all printed issues Tini Howard had written.
    Right? To this day I still don’t know how they let her write the character for so long.

Glad Betsy is on more competent hands now. Even though the art is definitely not for me, I loved this issue.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This sounds so good, and better than all of Tini Howard's run! I wish I read these unlimited stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So far no word on where the rest of the Braddocks, Faiza, Wisdom and the rest of STRIKE are. For some reason Chamber keeps coming to mind and I don't remember when last we saw him.

We saw him in Legion of X trying to get Paige back. Not sure we've seen him again. Maybe mentionned in Immortal ?

Anyways hope Kylun's ok.

I believe it was in Victor LaValle's Sabretooth and the Exiles mini. Thats where we last saw Magma and Skin. Methinks.

It is kind of funny how nothing ever goes well for British police when they deal with telepaths .

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of funny how nothing ever goes well for British police when they deal with telepaths .
    Right? Rachel, Emma, and Betsy have all made them fools at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Bolded, underlined and signed.
    (and I'm judging only by the pages poster here!)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I disagree. While the sex element was unnecessary, Scott’s dream was at least linked to his arc and whatever’s going on with Jean in the White Hot Room. This was “Remember I’m dating Rachel!” in the middle of a battle/rescue scene. That being said, I do acknowledge that I’m overly alert to this relationship being forced because it felt so contrived to me under Howard’s pen. That left a bad taste in my mouth that no doubt influences my opinion here.
    I try to stay away from any mention or discussion about this relationship to not go against fans of it. Just wanted to pop in to say that you're not the only one that has this feelings. More than here, I got this feeling in Rachel's text/discussion with Charles in Dead X-Men. The whole "I wouldn't risk my gf" was so out of touch IMHO considering what's at stake (and I think that Rachel of all people, with her past, would be fairly conscious of what's at stake and wouldn't let "love" stop her, that's why I felt her reply a little too OOC, she should've just given the "Betsy's doesn't fit for the mission" reply; to be fair, the issue lies in Charles asking about betsy in the first place though), and felt like it was just added as a "Marvel wants to remember haters and homophobes that Marvel is still committed to the relationship". TH went "too much" with the relationship (felt like a fanfiction, with too many romantic gestures in the span of few issues) that it soured the relationship for me (I swear, me being a Warren/Betsy doesn't apply here)
    Here. Said this. Not further discussing it, to each their own pairs.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 02-06-2024 at 10:00 AM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Incredible Member

I'm not familiar with the band nor song but I had a feeling it could be punk or rock reference because there was one in Betsy's book I believe. I looked it up and I like the lyrics.

I'm sitting in this cell for something I didn't do
    And all I can think of is baby I think of you
    Don't worry baby coming back for you

There's gonna be a borstal breakout

Well now I'm over the wall I'm nearly home
    I'm coming through that door coming back for you
    Now I'm nearly home nearly back for you

Preach.
    That's it exactly. Takes me right back to my youth.

I wonder what English/European mutants they have detained. Hope we get some good cameos.

People ask for more personal interactions and for the X-men to feel more like a family again and then complain when they talk about their loved ones in a totally logical context (seeing another couple kiss while forced to be away, or stating why they (Rachel) wouldn't give the important mission to a very powerful mutant (CB))

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wonder what English/European mutants they have detained. Hope we get some good cameos.
    KYLUNN !
    I don't remember, is Batrok a mutant ?