Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    One out of 6. Not bad!
    Considering we are talking about cbr posters...
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    The "Title" says it all...
    I believe the confusion is that you didn't explain yourself enough. You see most of us were expecting a whole paragraph of why the current series is bad and when Spider-Man exactly died.. something like that. This is the internet after all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I believe the confusion is that you didn't explain yourself enough. You see most of us were expecting a whole paragraph of why the current series is bad and when Spider-Man exactly died.. something like that. This is the internet after all.
    How much explaining do you need? I gave you my brief synopsis on the last time I was into Spider-Man, and why I feel I just can't get into the character anymore. With a little nod to the time when I thought the book was really good. Then I gave a fun fact of a story envisioned by early writers of Spider-Man's potential. I was looking for fans to add on to some of those themes that are missing, but it seems too many of you are full of yourselves...
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

JMS was the last one to make it look like the character was still in some kind of continuity. BND was like: wait a minute, is this another pocket universe or what?

My sentiments as well about JMS. Brand New Day was just Marvel's attempt to write away many of the grander mistakes and convoluted stories that they over thought and made a mess of. Sticking to the original intent is a theme I run with. Peter was at one time Marvel's youngest superhero with a lot of growing up to do. I think Marvel rushed the "growing up" part. Thus the Spider-Man fun fact I posted above...

My first Spider-Comic!
    52.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    How much explaining do you need? I gave you my brief synopsis on the last time I was into Spider-Man, and why I feel I just can't get into the character anymore. With a little nod to the time when I thought the book was really good. Then I gave a fun fact of a story envisioned by early writers of Spider-Man's potential. I was looking for fans to add on to some of those themes that are missing, but it seems too many of you are full of yourselves...
    Was that post deleted it cuz I’m just not seeing it
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

It wasn't, it's still here. Look closely.

I’m kind of tired of people acting like JMS’s run was the greatest Spider-Man run ever, and all the runs after it have been pure trash. Most of the JMS stuff has been forgotten, he invented many new villans, most of which are obscure now, and I’ve yet to see people list any of his story arcs as Spidey’s best comics, they just mention the run as a whole. The run had a good status quo, which Spider-Man comics lack nowadays, but Brand New Day and Dan Slott’s runs both had some really good stories, and Nick Spencer started off really good too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Pins View Post
    I’ve yet to see people list any of his story arcs as Spidey’s best comics.
    Top five Spider-Man comics:
    1-2 The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man
    1-2 Marvel Knights
    3 Blue
    4 Coming Home
    5 Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut

Glory in all her glory...

glorygrant.jpg

I didn't know that Ayo Edebiri did her voice in Across the Spider-Verse.
    pretty neat.

glory2.jpg