Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    On one hand, I'm really liking this story and it's pretty well done.

On the other hand, I am REALLY hoping for an actual return for SpOck. Marvel did him REALLY dirty last time around.
    Yeah, I really wish we could see Otto get back at both Spider-norman and Mephisto for what they forced him to do (getting rid of his Spock persona), but sadly this wont likely happen, because..
    1- Spider-norman is dead, having killed himself during the early stages of End of the Spiderverse
    2- Mephisto seems basically untouchable (ask Peter), and after being Aaron's pet character during his avengers run, I dont see him seeing making another appearance any time soon

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

A great issue, really enjoyed it...good battle of wills, loved the outcome..you want the superior Spider-Man, that's Peter..was in keeping with the ethos of Spider-Man, he works for the right thing, he's a hero, we know, and this is issue was a reminder of what he stands for...nice touch that he persuaded Ock to continue their "team up", to rescue Anna, and attempt to rehabilitate Supernova...

Thanks, Mr Slott!

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

And nice showcase for some lovely art by Mr Bagley..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Yeah, I really wish we could see Otto get back at both Spider-norman and Mephisto for what they forced him to do (getting rid of his Spock persona), but sadly this wont likely happen, because..
    1- Spider-norman is dead, having killed himself during the early stages of End of the Spiderverse
    2- Mephisto seems basically untouchable (ask Peter), and after being Aaron's pet character during his avengers run, I dont see him seeing making another appearance any time soon
    Honestly I just want to see him back. I don't care if he gets revenge on Spider-Norman or not. Just want him back to continue his character development in some way shape or form.

This has been great. And I like how it's treating both Peter *and* Otto.

I really really want Otto to have Peter’s body again, but not at the expense of Peter. I know Dan Slott doesn’t want to do it, but give him a clone body and color his hair red or something and pull a Ben Reilly. Same body, different hair color, and new identity. Then we can have the best of both worlds.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I really really want Otto to have Peter’s body again, but not at the expense of Peter. I know Dan Slott doesn’t want to do it, but give him a clone body and color his hair red or something and pull a Ben Reilly. Same body, different hair color, and new identity. Then we can have the best of both worlds.
    Same here; I buy a Superior Spider-Man book for, you know, Superior Spider-Man not a flashback, not someone else cosplaying as Spock, but the actual Spock, oh well......

Edit - I'm not saying the story is bad rather it isn't what I want as a Spock fan. It has left me somewhat cold.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-16-2024 at 07:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This has been great. And I like how it's treating both Peter *and* Otto.
    Definitely feels more even-handed and balanced compared to even the original Superior or Volume 3/4.
    I can't help but think that even if they did that again they'd just inevitably make him Doc Ock again when Slott was done (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely feels more even-handed and balanced compared to even the original Superior or Volume 3/4.

I can't help but think that even if they did that again they'd just inevitably make him Doc Ock again when Slott was done (again).
    No doubt , but if Marvel had time-displaced teen versions of the X-Men (especially of Ice Man) hanging around forever (or so it seemed lol) with their adult counterparts which they did, they could give us both Classic Ock & Spock. It is an unwillingness to do so (like with the Spider-Marriage in the main continuity of 616) rather than an inability to do so.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-16-2024 at 10:39 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here; I buy a Superior Spider-Man book for, you know, Superior Spider-Man not a flashback, not someone else cosplaying as Spock, but the actual Spock, oh well......

Edit - I'm not saying the story is bad rather it isn't what I want as a Spock fan. It has left me somewhat cold.

Oh, I agree. I’m immensely enjoying this title, but I feel what I consider the “main event” (Spock returning full force) isn’t gonna happen.

Mighty Member

Oh, I agree. I’m immensely enjoying this title, but I feel what I consider the “main event” (Spock returning full force) isn’t gonna happen.
    It seems unlikely. Although I have a somewhat related pondering: it seemed at the time that Otto made his deal with Mephisto towards a couple ends. First, there seemed to be a bigger Mephisto story going on in the Spider-verse than actually materialized (Ben and Miles also made deals around the same time, I believe, all just before we'd have hit upon Last Remains - then we had Covid delays, story changes, and Spencer's accelerated departure). Second, there was some murmuring (which one should take with many grains of salt) that Marvel wanted Otto back as a full-time villain for story reasons. The Mephisto story never came about and we still haven't had a "Look, Otto is an unrepentant villain with a big master plan story" to justify the Mephisto-reset. Spencer didn't end up using Otto much (just Sinister War, and he was more of a foil to Kindred than an antagonist to Peter) and Wells used him once then handed him back to Slott for this story. I really wonder what was supposed to happen and where Otto would be now if we'd gotten Spencer's original, longer story.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I'd like to see Peter, Norman and Otto bury the hatchet at least temporarily and go after Mephisto, hell, throw in Ben and Miles too. They've all been manipulated by Mephisto. Would be a great miniseries, though I suspect Norman or Otto would try a double cross at some point for more power for themselves.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I'd like to see Peter, Norman and Otto bury the hatchet at least temporarily and go after Mephisto, hell, throw in Ben and Miles too. They've all been manipulated by Mephisto. Would be a great miniseries, though I suspect Norman or Otto would try a double cross at some point for more power for themselves.
    Would they be dealing with Norman after he gets his sins back or while he's still "cleansed"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.