Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I am wondering if Ben is Peter's protector beating up Otto who so desperately needs to get a beat down so bad. Also wondering is Spidey used his friendship with the X-Men to learn some defensive psionic techniques. Either way, I am here for it. The story has been solid so far and Mark Bagley's artwork has been consistently solid.
    Yep, I reckon Uncle Ben is part of Pete's protections in the mindscape...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It was there before Mary Alice, though, going all the way back to when Reed recruited Otto to help him with the Sue's pregnancy. Heck, you can argue it goes all the way back to how he treated Aunt May. Point is: this has been a strain of characterization for him for *decades*, and to act like exploring it is some affront against comics-dom is goofy, comics grognard !@#$.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reminders there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

another great issue of Superior love the return of the spoilers:
    alternate life Peter Parker and Uncle Ben
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Man, Slott was definetely cooking, and the result was *chef kisses*
    11/10 for me !

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Question...is Anna Maria Marconi's last name a reference to Guglielmo Marconi, the inventor of the radio?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I feel like this issue was a response to the mind fight in Superior #9, though this time Peter actually wins and addresses some of the critiques of Superior.

(Even though Slott still needed him to win with help, even if it was just another version of Peter Slott created and Uncle Ben).

I dug it, some classic feeling spider-man

I enjoyed the issue, but meh, I still would've liked the actual Spock to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    another great issue of Superior love the return of the spoilers:
    alternate life Peter Parker and Uncle Ben
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Man, Slott was definetely cooking, and the result was *chef kisses*
    11/10 for me !
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this issue was a response to the mind fight in Superior #9, though this time Peter actually wins and addresses some of the critiques of Superior.

(Even though Slott still needed him to win with help, even if it was just another version of Peter Slott created and Uncle Ben).
    Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    I dug it, some classic feeling spider-man
    Indeed. And if Peter had to get bailed out again, I'm glad it was at least Uncle Ben and "himself," in a manner of speaking. Hell, reminds me somewhat of Spectacular Spider-Man's "Intervention" when the memory of Uncle Ben saved Peter from being consumed by the Venom symbiote by reminding him of all the good he'd done and that he wasn't completely alone in the world.

Boy! That was a fantastic read. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Certainly didn't expect that twist towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hoshinocomet View Post
    Boy! That was a fantastic read. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Certainly didn't expect that twist towards the end.
    Yeah, Peter still being willing to give Otto some grace after realizing how desperate he really was, even if he went about it in the worst way possible . . . that was a pretty good moment, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Peter still being willing to give Otto some grace after realizing how desperate he really was, even if he went about it in the worst way possible . . . that was a pretty good moment, all things considered.
    I legit laughed a bit when spoilers:
    Otto effectively said "Nuh uh! You won over Green Goblin because of my tech and I lacked confidence"
    end of spoilers. He hasn't learnt, has he?

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Damn I loved this issue especially with Pete and Otto changing their appearances from throughout the years, love how Slott respects the history and doesn’t ever try to rewrite the original Lee/Ditko run like many in the 2000s were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by hoshinocomet View Post
    I legit laughed a bit when spoilers:
    Otto effectively said "Nuh uh! You won over Green Goblin because of my tech and I lacked confidence"
    end of spoilers. He hasn't learnt, has he?
    That's Otto all over, sadly. For all his vaunted superiority . . . he never does learn.

On one hand, I'm really liking this story and it's pretty well done.

On the other hand, I am REALLY hoping for an actual return for SpOck. Marvel did him REALLY dirty last time around.