Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I'm a fan of the Kamala retcon and bringing her into the X-Fold. I've always thought there should be mutant characters who aren't primarily associated with the X-Men, but still have prominent roles in the greater MU, which she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I agree but, Namor has always been deemed a mutant... Kamala had to experience Terragenesis first before she was promoted to mutant status which, IMHO, was quite unnecessary because she already had a family group to which she could relate. Now, that I think about it is Kamala the only Terragenesis victim who suddenly turned mutant? It's not as if her powers are all that

Victim? I don’t think so
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

My question: Is Nimrod’s lightning weakness greater or equal than his Amber weakness?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Victim? I don’t think so
    Don't squint trying to read between the lines... I say "victim" because Earth had a Terrigen Bomb dropped on it and I seriously doubt that anyone who survived and those who died, as a result, woke up that day thinking, I hope this is the day I experience involuntary Terragenesis and live to tell my grandchildren...

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    My question: Is Nimrod’s lightning weakness greater or equal than his Amber weakness?
    Umm... Say what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Victim? I don’t think so
    It was an involuntary exposure to a highly mutagenic substance which can trigger random super powers in inhumans and regular humans with inhuman heritage. These powers in turn can drastically affect the life of a person and their living quality in highly negative ways.

The Mist was released onto Earth without the consent of any human or their governmental representatives, therefor anyone who involuntary get exposed to it, could be considered a victim.

Kamala and many other named characters might have lucked out, because they were ging to be super heros or villains. But undergoing terrigenesis is just as likely to turn people into Globs, Beaks or Dean Boswell as does the X-gene.

So if she had turned into a jellyfish like creature and died on the spot from drying out on the street, would she not have been a "victim" of the uncontrolled released Terrigan Mist cloud?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It was an involuntary exposure to a highly mutagenic substance which can trigger random super powers in inhumans and regular humans with inhuman heritage. These powers in turn can drastically affect the life of a person and their living quality in highly negative ways.

The Mist was released onto Earth without the consent of any human or their governmental representatives, therefor anyone who involuntary get exposed to it, could be considered a victim.

Kamala and many other named characters might have lucked out, because they were ging to be super heros or villains. But undergoing terrigenesis is just as likely to turn people into Globs, Beaks or Dean Boswell as does the X-men.

So if she had turned into a jellyfish like creature and died on the spot from drying out on the street, would she not have been a "victim" of the uncontrolled released Terrigan Mist cloud?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I would say Equal.

I mean both the Lightning and the Amber attack seemed to put Nimrod down or immobilized him.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Don't squint trying to read between the lines... I say "victim" because Earth had a Terrigen Bomb dropped on it and I seriously doubt that anyone who survived and those who died, as a result, woke up that day thinking, I hope this is the day I experience involuntary Terragenesis and live to tell my grandchildren...

Umm... Say what?
    Duggan earlier has Nimrod be taken down and immobilized by a glob of amber spat at him by Krakoa.

BANNED

Duggan earlier has Nimrod be taken down and immobilized by a glob of amber spat at him by Krakoa.
    Ah, I see... I must have missed that when I skimmed through my books this week, thanks

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Holy, Synch has really become one of the most hated x-characters around hasn't he. And for what, being some perceived Mary Sue, being in a relationship with Laura, too powerful? I just don't get it. The guy was unceremoniously killed off decades ago, comes back gets some focus and is not hated. So many uber powerful x-characters, no prob. So many uber powerful characters, no prob. With Synch it's a major problem. Very telling.
    I think a lot of folks frustration with Synch is really their frustration with how Gerry Duggan handled the character post-Hickman. The Vault storyline was a pretty clever usage of Synch and the three mutants, and it had the potential to propel all three character forward. Enter Gerry Duggan, and everything turned into a Buffy The Vampire Slayer shlockfest. The outdated 90s dialog, the emo and bittersweet "trade offs", it's all a bootleg Whedon. Gerry Duggan is so out of touch but thinks he is so clever. In fact, nearly every Krakoan Era AIPT interview made me want to destroy my own Cerebro backup, because perhaps the worst crop of writers in X-Men history actually think they are all so cool and doing such great work. It's astounding!

Anyway, back to the milk dud...Synch has been front and center, but hasn't actually accomplished anything of importance. Duggan also felt the need to saddle him with an almost fatal drawback to his powers. I get that no character should be omnipotent, but there could have been other ways to do it. And to keep in line with the Buffy nonsense, he introduced his version of a tortured and doomed relationship in Synch X Talon. A skilled writer like Hickman could have made this interesting by not creating Talon at all, but having Synch deal with being around the real Laura and having these feelings.

Talon was created so that they could have two Lauras...one with Synch, and one to turn queer/LGBT and put on New Mutants. Now, we have no Lauras because two awful writers have basically destroyed them both.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Duggan should have given Nimrod a recurring catchphrase “my one weakness!”. That is, have him say, “Amber! My one weakness!” And then, “Lightning, my one weakness!” Whatever the writer wants to use to slow him down can be his “one weakness”.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Am I the only one who still thinks that bringing Miss. Marvel into the X-Men was a bad idea? She feels kind of unnecessary and a bad fit to me. She's a nice character, but I think that this series has shown that she is better off in the mainstream MU.
    Just my opinion.

Have most readers come to accept her as part of the X-Men?
    Still really mixed on the idea. I think I will always favor her just being an Inhuman. And I'm indifferent on Inhumans in general. I guess I just don't see why "everyone needs to be a mutant." And now every X-Men adaption is going to have seriously consider sticking her in the Jubilee/Kitty role which means not only do those two seem less likely to appear but the stories are automatically going to be different.

Still. Love the character so I guess it will work out.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Holy, Synch has really become one of the most hated x-characters around hasn't he. And for what, being some perceived Mary Sue, being in a relationship with Laura, too powerful? I just don't get it. The guy was unceremoniously killed off decades ago, comes back gets some focus and is not hated. So many uber powerful x-characters, no prob. So many uber powerful characters, no prob. With Synch it's a major problem. Very telling.
    There's that one Family Guy ok/not ok meme.

Also there's some friction from the Talon thing, because that was a dumb idea. But they brought in talon because of the previously-mentioned ok/not ok. I fully believe they were going to try the angle of Synch interacting with a Laura to whom he means nothing, but they caved to acists online and figured they had a way to placate the acists while still having their cake. Still, making another Laura was lame. They should stop with the character cloning nonsense.

Also, Duggan just isn't that great.

It's all three of these things, really.

Mighty Member

Just read this today. I guess I'm left wondering how Spider-Man looked so pathetic. Not that he could have done much against Nimrod but that he was caught off guard and hit twice. X-office editorial remembers he has a Spider-Sense and spider-agility, right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    I think a lot of folks frustration with Synch is really their frustration with how Gerry Duggan handled the character post-Hickman. The Vault storyline was a pretty clever usage of Synch and the three mutants, and it had the potential to propel all three character forward. Enter Gerry Duggan, and everything turned into a Buffy The Vampire Slayer shlockfest. The outdated 90s dialog, the emo and bittersweet "trade offs", it's all a bootleg Whedon. Gerry Duggan is so out of touch but thinks he is so clever. In fact, nearly every Krakoan Era AIPT interview made me want to destroy my own Cerebro backup, because perhaps the worst crop of writers in X-Men history actually think they are all so cool and doing such great work. It's astounding!

Anyway, back to the milk dud...Synch has been front and center, but hasn't actually accomplished anything of importance. Duggan also felt the need to saddle him with an almost fatal drawback to his powers. I get that no character should be omnipotent, but there could have been other ways to do it. And to keep in line with the Buffy nonsense, he introduced his version of a tortured and doomed relationship in Synch X Talon. A skilled writer like Hickman could have made this interesting by not creating Talon at all, but having Synch deal with being around the real Laura and having these feelings.

Talon was created so that they could have two Lauras...one with Synch, and one to turn queer/LGBT and put on New Mutants. Now, we have no Lauras because two awful writers have basically destroyed them both.
    It wasn't really the best on Hickman's interpretation. Duggan did more to the character honestly. The only problem is bringing back his relationship with Vault Laura and Synch's new(Hard nerf) aging weakness