Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I think it was after Synchs return, Talon is missing cause she dead, Synch himself trashed the bunker, cause he was sad.
    Ah, I see. I missed the connection but that makes sense. Thanks!

I do hope Synch gets to stick around after this era. Duggan deserves props for bringing him back to prominence - he really does feel like a leading X-Man at this point. I’d prefer his power to go back to what it was, though.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

This issue wasn't good at all. The art did the story no favors and Nimrod keeps coming off as a complete joke. I truly can't wait for this series to conclude.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I've only seen spoilers on twitter, but it's great that it's over, Talon went how she lived, meaningful only for Synch. I hope in a while people will stop with this "original Laura" bs, Talon would have had to be written as person not Synchs prop to be either original or missed. This whole "bringing her back" was Duggans mistake so he doesn't get any positive points for taking out the trash.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I never really considered how good Synch should be in a battle against Nimrod. Nimrod is supposed to adapt to powers, but synch could keep switching it up with fresh powers everytime.
    But apparently Duggan has been reading X-men Red and went with the "one powerful lightning bolt to end a fight" move.

It may be giving the writers too much credit, but I think Nimrod might be intentionally holding back. His endgame is calling forth the Phalanx Dominion, which we saw will take about 10 years.

He doesn't really care about mutant and human conflict. In fact it's probably better for him if they stay distracted fighting each other.
    That's likely the case. Going easy on them(Before Everett showed up) and holding back when Nimrod bidding his time for the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully with the medicine situation solved and the invasion about to start, things will really start moving within this title and it'll feel much more connected with Fall and Rise. I believe there is one more Noto issue before Cassara returns.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The emperor has no clothes!

Somehow he had fooled you all into thinking he could write before. But here we see Duggan clearly. This is his great crescendo? This is his great love story?

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That art undermined the story. Felt like watching 80s Saturday morning Spider-Man. Not good.
    And can we just move on from sync already? Such a Mary Sue. He’s literally just a rehash of Rogue. Right down to combining all powers to overwhelm Nimrod. IMG_1877.jpg

From what it looked like Synch only used Storm's powers on Nimrod. Then he used Magik's to exit the scene with the team.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    That art undermined the story. Felt like watching 80s Saturday morning Spider-Man. Not good.
    And can we just move on from sync already? Such a Mary Sue. He’s literally just a rehash of Rogue. Right down to combining all powers to overwhelm Nimrod. IMG_1877.jpg
    Not really. I dont read him and get Rogue at all

Fantastic Member

Good lord, the dialogue made me think I was reading Spidey Super Stories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Nimrod didn't get overwhelm. It's his own fault for holding back without noticing Everett's element of surprise. You'd have said the same thing with Hope.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Longest romance in x-men history? Un no there plenty that have been longer and better. Synch and Talon was always lame. I'm glad Talon died. And if Creed doesn't kill x23 in Wolverine at least she'll be around. Rogue and gambit Scott and Jran Havok and Polaris kitty and Peter. Are way longer then Everett and Laura.
    X-Men Forever

After rereading I do take a bit of issue with 3 PAGES being dedicated to Kingpin and Mary which should have been included in Iron Man.

It seems like Duggans X-Men interweaves with FotHoX as well.

I have no idea how this last-minute Doom plot with his mutants ties into anything aside from perhaps the additional fight against Orchis.

The scale of what is going on with Orchis in the Marvel 616 U I'm surprised this wasn't promoted as a larger line wide event.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Longest romance in x-men history? kitty and Peter..
    This don't age well today after the infamous marriage arc during the Ressurexxtion era.... Peter is happy with Neela now. There are plenty of Xcouples I ship and Synch and Talon is just a one time thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Longest romance in x-men history? Un no there plenty that have been longer and better. Synch and Talon was always lame. I'm glad Talon died. And if Creed doesn't kill x23 in Wolverine at least she'll be around. Rogue and gambit Scott and Jran Havok and Polaris kitty and Peter. Are way longer then Everett and Laura.
    Talon and Synch lasted at least a hundred years. The longest one you mentioned was Jean and Scott which was maybe 20 years at best

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    This don't age well today after the infamous marriage arc during the Ressurexxtion era.... Peter is happy with Neela now. There are plenty of Xcouples I ship and Synch and Talon is just a one time thing to me.
    Kitty and Peter werent even that long. They dated a few months as teenagers and maybe a year or 2 as adults