Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I mean, nothing about the overarching story makes sense at this point. And that falls on the writers and editors, not the characters. I mean, Polaris is able to fly across the universe to get some Brood. Why not have Storm and the other characters on Arakko come save the day? Why was ORCHIS able to be such a threat in the first place? Why is Nimrod completely useless now, but he was able to solo like dozens of X-Men at the Hellfire Gala? It's just bad writing at this point. Lactuca could be teleporting people wherever she wants to this whole time. Storm took care of the Genesis war lickety-split, but she has to go to the afterworld to get Magneto before saving the mutants of Earth? It's all a mess(but at least Lord Ewing knows how to write great stories, so he gets a pass).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Talon/Synch went on for way, way too long. In that respect, it felt like the longest and most drawn-out X-Men romance.

q.q for Synch. But now that you're free, there's plenty of X-cougars to date. Or if the next writer wants to be bold, there's Hellion.
    Hellion can have Laura back. Anyway, I'll be surprise if Jullian in the 20 part X-men Unlimited arc.

The relationship isn't even long enough to be that drawn out compare to Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, nothing about the overarching story makes sense at this point. And that falls on the writers and editors, not the characters. I mean, Polaris is able to fly across the universe to get some Brood. Why not have Storm and the other characters on Arakko come save the day? Why was ORCHIS able to be such a threat in the first place? Why is Nimrod completely useless now, but he was able to solo like dozens of X-Men at the Hellfire Gala? It's just bad writing at this point. Lactuca could be teleporting people wherever she wants to this whole time. Storm took care of the Genesis war lickety-split, but she has to go to the afterworld to get Magneto before saving the mutants of Earth? It's all a mess(but at least Lord Ewing knows how to write great stories, so he gets a pass).
    I wouldnt call it lickety split as it dragged on for a quite a while and only ended at the end of the year. I do agree with alot of your points though

Spectacular Member

I love it when there are so many different opinions about this issue from different comic book communities. The one I agree the most overall is Noto's art. He's good at covers, but action scenes are not his best of abilities in this issue. Duggan can get away with it on next week's Fall #2. Again, it's better than nothing......(About Gerry Duggan)

He's running out of ideas and at the twilight of his run.

EDIT: Why the heck did he bother to have Synch use Storm's powers and not sync with his aura on Spider-Man's powers to bury Nimrod...? Geez, my headcanon is the opposite of what's happening on this issue.:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt call it lickety split as it dragged on for a quite a while and only ended at the end of the year. I do agree with alot of your points though
    It dragged on in captions in order to line up with the rest of the line "X-weeks later", but really, in-book, in-story, it didn't feel like a long conflict. And Genesis was able to take over that ORCHIS moon-base in a panel or two. ORCHIS don't want to go to war with the immortal mutants of Arrako who have been at war for thousands of years. But we can mince the details another time. Overall, as I suspected, this whole Krakoa storyline really went off the rails when they pushed out Hickman. It's been circling the drain since. Neither Duggan nor Gillen had the chops to pull this off(Lord Ewing probably could have, but I'm happy to have him focusing on Storm and the Arraki instead).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lack of Angelica's story arc is killing me. I feel like I read this in two minutes. The book is great IMO but should be bi-weekly instead of monthly.
    This comic could've been an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The recall powers is arguably the worst development to happen to him and its why the Marty Sue accusation exists. It lacks creativity and is a plot hole like I mentioned earlier bc having access to Magik's teleportation would solve alot of the problems faced in Fall of X. Orchis made a big deal abou targetting her with nanomachines so her powers wouldnt work bc they knew she'd be a useful tool to stop them and the X-editors put her off the table by throwing her in another realm. yet Synch is here and can use her powers but convenenitly hasnt until this issue. Make that make sense
    I'm kinda ehh on the power upgrade. Like I don't think it's particularly broken, given they put limitations on it so he can't insta-solve things. Though now it feels like he's not doing enough.

But on top of all that, I'm just ehh on his power as a whole at this point. Like at least Rogue has some fun gimmicks and twists to how she used her power, and some creative applications for it. With Synch, it's often a way to give him whatever power is needed, or there to limit him and hold him back. Its applications are not particularly unique, aside from the short-lived moments of him having to learn how to master the powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

this was terrible really expect better from duggan who is one of my favorite writres but i doubt this all his fault. No matter what is said in these interviews by white ewing gillen about getting to tell their entire story to teh end its pure bullshit orders came down from up high to wrap up fall of x as quick as possible story be damned . would have made more sense do have the the big story run weekly and fold these x-men issues into the main story But my guess is marvel really needed a an x book to ship with x-men in the title after the massive failure of all the fall of x limited series. Really cant wait for the new era to begin

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It dragged on in captions in order to line up with the rest of the line "X-weeks later", but really, in-book, in-story, it didn't feel like a long conflict. And Genesis was able to take over that ORCHIS moon-base in a panel or two. ORCHIS don't want to go to war with the immortal mutants of Arrako who have been at war for thousands of years. But we can mince the details another time. Overall, as I suspected, this whole Krakoa storyline really went off the rails when they pushed out Hickman. It's been circling the drain since. Neither Duggan nor Gillen had the chops to pull this off(Lord Ewing probably could have, but I'm happy to have him focusing on Storm and the Arraki instead).
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Alright, what was even the point of this whole Talon story?
    Really, I just don't get it.
    Unnecessary drama and wasting of time and resources.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Holy, Synch has really become one of the most hated x-characters around hasn't he. And for what, being some perceived Mary Sue, being in a relationship with Laura, too powerful? I just don't get it. The guy was unceremoniously killed off decades ago, comes back gets some focus and is not hated. So many uber powerful x-characters, no prob. So many uber powerful characters, no prob. With Synch it's a major problem. Very telling.
    You don't get that the writer who uses him most of the time just sucks at portraying him? The same writer that has Nimrod jobb because he ran out of pages?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Duggan didn't know how to write Storm proper, it's no surprise that this is what we got when he's using a Storm proxy.

To to frank, since it's established that Synch can copy all powers, him Synching with Storm should've had more oomf. You have an Omega Level/God/Witch all in one and the best he came up with was a lightning bolt?

Okey.
    To be fair, that’s what Storm comes up with 90% of the time
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    When did the Talon story start? They were forced to wrap all this up and in one of the X-Men Mondays, they said that they talked about 'what needs to be resolved'. Brevoort wouldn't want to inherit it. Duggan could've done more and not taken an irrelevant side trip to Latveria, but maybe there was a better plan.
    Then we wouldn’t have Slag
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    To be fair, that’s what Storm comes up with 90% of the time
    True. By her own admittance she does "love the play of the lightning". However, when she does it it's usually effective in the desired result. And then you add Synch who was pissed off at the time and it's a well established fact that Storm's powers are tied directly to her emotions, well, we'd expect more.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Longest romance is Creed/Logan. Already ongoing, and with them being practically immortal, will keep on continuing.

It was shown in Rise of Powers (Future Synch is wheelchair bound and old due using his powers), but yes, that has been poorly shown by Duggan.
    Talon at least has a streak of white hair showing how Vault living aged her; Synch looks and behaves exactly the same every time he uses his powers.

There were no negative effects shown in Duggan's entire run; it is only a few sentences in this issue and what is shown in Rise of Powers #1.
    That wasn't future Synch, the was a Synch from one of the Sinister Timelines who tried for a Dominion and also failed, not the timeline we are currently following.