Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don’t want to steal Lorna‘s moment but I feel like this should have been Jean‘s revenge.
    Jean does and will get to do enough. Let's spread the shine around.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Agreed. It's perfectly fine for other characters to get some love.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Indeed. We haven't seen Polaris since before the gala and it was just one page. I think she's a great choice to unleash the Brood this brutally.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So good. Orchis deserves every bit of this. And it needs to be televised so they know. So they will all know where they were when mutants stood up for themselves against bigotry and extinction (again).
    Televising it is a possibility with Lorna's powers, if she wants that to be the case!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Orchis is worth little more than Brood chow yet at the same time Polaris as Brood Queen completes me.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I don’t want to steal Lorna‘s moment but I feel like this should have been Jean‘s revenge.
    I think it would be fitting for Jean to use Phoenix powers at the end to cow Orchis into surrendering after everyone else gets their chance to shine.

Jean's moments are surely going to happen in X-Men Forever. They've telegraphed since HOX that the Phoenix and Galactus are the only beings that can kill Dominions. She's clearly going to "burn away" what doesn't work and be the main factor in the downfall of Enigma and Orchis.

Lorna's been treated like crap for so long that this is a moment well earned and deserved. It's even better cause Krakoa has been so fu**ing stupid when it comes to dealing with the Orchis threat, that I'm glad Lorna was the one who FINALLY took it to them, and went in HARD! They're really finding out!! Love it.

Astonishing Member

I'm really not getting how Galactus and Phoenix can somehow destroy Dominions currently when Ewing revealed that the Beyonders destroying the entire multiverse did absolutely nothing and that the Dominions can exist outside space-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I'm really not getting how Galactus and Phoenix can somehow destroy Dominions currently when Ewing revealed that the Beyonders destroying the entire multiverse did absolutely nothing and that the Dominions can exist outside space-time.
    It's already been said a lot, but it still bears repeating, and that's just that a lot of stuff Hickman setup in his initial plans has not been followed up on or aligned up neatly with what Ewing, Gillen, and Duggan are currently doing. It is what it is.

Still, the Phoenix threat makes sense to me. I don't really have an explanation about Galactus, but IMX, ROX, and Dead Xmen have shown that the White Hot Room, the heart of the Phoenix, also exists outside time, so it makes sense that it and Jean is a believable threat to Dominions because she's outside of time just like them. We've already seen White Phoenix of the Crown erase timelines and the Phoenix is hugely powerful, so Dominions should be crapping their pants when she comes calling.
    Last edited by Saturius; 02-08-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Beautiful intro, go Lorna!

Something must have happened with Lukas Werneck. It's been a couple months that his art is not on the same level it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Something must have happened with Lukas Werneck. It's been a couple months that his art is not on the same level it has always been.
    I think this book is simply more action heavy than Immortal was. He went from MAYBE having to do one action scene per issue to needing to do multiple in each issue of this event (which correct me if I’m wrong, has longer issues than Immortal did). I’m sure it’s an adjustment to have to do huge action set pieces, which probably gives him less time on the finer details of the whole issue.

Regarding the preview itself, super happy for Lorna getting her moment to shine. I stopped picking up Duggan’s stuff but this might be worth a purchase.

Extraordinary Member

Thankfully Duggan reminded the readers the bad guys were fascists before unleashing the Brood on them, someone might have forgotten after making it through that Star Trek parody.

Jean is too busy getting re-acquainted with the Phoenix Force. Let Lorna have this. They are slowly building up to Jean getting tagged in

Within the scheme of things, you can expect with about 99% certainty that Jean will factor into things and get representation if she’s not dead dead. Lorna, on the other hand, is rarely so lucky. Her experience of Genosha hasn’t been acknowledged in the comics for about 15 years, while Jean got to fight Cassandra Nova in its ruins despite not having experienced that genocide like Lorna did, for example.

The tl;dr is that if you want to see Jean’s two cents, you just need to wait. Whereas the same can’t often be said for Lorna even when it’s the most important thing she’s ever gone through.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)