Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Say what you will about Nick Spencer's run, but aside from possibly being intended to undo One More Day before editorial caught on, he did at least try to say a lot about where Peter Parker had gone wrong or astray as a character, even analyzing whether or not he'd actually lived up to his (Uncle Ben's) motto that "with great power, there must also come great responsibility."
    He also just in general wrote Peter as competent and, you know, actually in the center of the action and doing stuff.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He also just in general wrote Peter as competent and, you know, actually in the center of the action and doing stuff.
    That as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Kindred mystery dragged on for too long, and the final arc was rushed to hell (figurativelly and literally)
    But other than those, Spencer's run was greatly enjoyable, with amazing (no pun intended) moments and arcs, and treated Peter (*and* MJ) with respect and care

I cant say the same for Well's run..
    Beyond was very decent, right until that atrocious finale (but it was McKay who did the heavy lifting imo)
    Everything that he wrote after that, EVERYTHING, was just.. UGGGGHHHHHH..

I really really miss the Spencer+Zdarsky+Taylor trinity era

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    The Kindred mystery dragged on for too long, and the final arc was rushed to hell (figurativelly and literally)
    But other than those, Spencer's run was greatly enjoyable, with amazing (no pun intended) moments and arcs, and treated Peter (*and* MJ) with respect and care

I cant say the same for Well's run..
    Beyond was very decent, right until that atrocious finale (but it was McKay who did the heavy lifting imo)
    Everything that he wrote after that, EVERYTHING, was just.. UGGGGHHHHHH..

I really really miss the Spencer+Zdarsky+Taylor trinity era
    We're in Bizarro world where Dan Slott and Jonathan Hickman are writing the better Spider-Man books than ASM.

We're in Bizarro world where Dan Slott and Jonathan Hickman are writing the better Spider-Man books than ASM.
    On Dan Slott, I may seem to have a tinfoil hat on, but I cant help to think that he can AND will write a very good Peter when having the choice, but it's the editorial and their whimsical mandates that forces him to write a "Wells'd" Peter

Now, Jonathan Hickman writing a Spidey book, is something that hasnt ever flew on my head, until it was announced :P

how is that a bizarro world? Slott been writing a good Spider-Man story since last year and Hickman is Hickman
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how is that a bizarro world? Slott been writing a good Spider-Man story since last year and Hickman is Hickman
    Well.. We had Slott as the sole ASM writer for 200-250ish issues AND 10-ish years, and those time were WILD, for a plethora of reasons

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Spencer's run was half the Kindred storyline and half the backdoor sequel to Superior Foes. I've kind of warmed up to the latter half because I liked Boomerang's flirting with going on the Straight and Narrow.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Spencer's run was half the Kindred storyline and half the backdoor sequel to Superior Foes. I've kind of warmed up to the latter half because I liked Boomerang's flirting with going on the Straight and Narrow.
    I hate how Fred's death, and its impact, went basically nowhere because of how rushed and crammed the final arc was
    Man deserved better..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Don't forget about being 90% cleaning up controversial decisions from past runs .

Incredible Member

Spencer only cleaned up Sins Past (in an even more confusing manner).

Everything else was just taking the book in a different direction from the previous run.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    But still 1000 miles better than the abomination that was the og story nevertheless :P

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

Everything else was just taking the book in a different direction from the previous run.
    And Kraven...and the Otto degree...and his relationship with MJ...and Felicia....and bringing back Harry...

Incredible Member

But still 1000 miles better than the abomination that was the og story nevertheless :P
    Honestly, Sins Past was so long ago that trying to do anything with that, even it were somewhat better, wasn't really worth it.

A story that was already in limbo and, for the most part, forgotten, gets a facelift and goes right back into limbo, and most likely, eventually forgotten about.

not really
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy