Extraordinary Member

Default Is there an Earth designation for Metamorpho & Jonah Hex future?

Is there a designated Earth number for the post apocalyptic 21st century that Metamorpho and Jonah Hex time traveled to in the 1980s, and had many adventures in?

Metamorpho?

As far as I can tell from a quick search, it’s just referred to as “Hex Timeline”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Metamorpho?
    Yes. In the 1980s there were stories where Hex time traveled to a DC post apocalyptic future. Then Metamorpho woke up from suspension to that same future.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yes. In the 1980s there were stories where Hex time traveled to a DC post apocalyptic future. Then Metamorpho woke up from suspension to that same future.
    ^^^I collected the Hex series; I don’t remember that at all!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Can't answer your question but here is a house ad for the HEX series.

HexHouseAd.jpg

^^^Loved that ad as a kid.

To respond to your initial question, I don't believe there's been a parallel earth assigned to the Hex future. Possibly because, as originally presented, it was intended to be THE future of the main (and, at the time it was published, ONLY) DC Universe.

So, it kind of sits out there, as a possible future. I still like to think that the mainline Jonah Hex did indeed spend a few months in an post-apocalyptic future, before being sent back to the 19th century by, oh, let's say Gabriel Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    To respond to your initial question, I don't believe there's been a parallel earth assigned to the Hex future. Possibly because, as originally presented, it was intended to be THE future of the main (and, at the time it was published, ONLY) DC Universe.

So, it kind of sits out there, as a possible future. I still like to think that the mainline Jonah Hex did indeed spend a few months in an post-apocalyptic future, before being sent back to the 19th century by, oh, let's say Gabriel Walker.
    Given how ridiculous the whole Hex thing was, I wouldn't mind it at all if the way he made it back had something to do with Access and ... oh, let's say a crossover with the X-men 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ahh, it took me a while but now I now about what you are talking about.
    Metamorpho found himself in (Jonah) Hex future in an annual part of the Armaggedon 2001 crossover, (Justice League Europe Annual #2), the last one before the end book. In a vision of the future seen by Waverider, Metamorpho found himself in that time by an accidental time travel. Rex Mason and Jonah Hex found they have a lot in common, like their names ending in "EX".

I got confused because OP said it happened in the '80s, but the story happened in 1991.

EDIT: I must add that future never received a designated earth because:

1. the series started the same year than the OG Crisis was published, so it was a no sense.
    2. When the multiverse was restored, the danger than insired that future (the atomic war) was less popular facing other different menaces.
    3. There are other possible futures being tried to fit in the always changing timeline.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-10-2024 at 07:40 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ahh, it took me a while but now I now about what you are talking about.
    Metamorpho found himself in (Jonah) Hex future in an annual part of the Armaggedon 2001 crossover, (Justice League Europe Annual #2), the last one before the end book. In a vision of the future seen by Waverider, Metamorpho found himself in that time by an accidental time travel. Rex Mason and Jonah Hex found they have a lot in common, like their names ending in "EX".
    ^^^Cool, that explains a lot thanks!