Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can understand that. But why the assumption that there would have to be two books? Thanagar is out there and Hol and Thal can be there doing their hard boiled space cop routine and interacting with preferably the other cosmic stage presences like the New Gods, the various peacekeeping forces and their opponents, various alien civilizations and empires but if we must do the rainbow brite thing instead then yeah that. Those things can be reflected in specials, quarterlies, one-shots, or 80 page giants or in ongoings, maxis, or minis featuring the goings on of the cosmic stage (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy space opera!).

Meanwhile in whatever main book or title tied to earth, the Carter Halls and Shiera Halls can be doing their displaced alien romance schtick or whatever. Maybe they don't want to return to Thanagar ever and for later stories there might be some Thanagarian legal shlop to deal with around that score for tension. Or they can be totally un-linked to what is happening in the greater cosmos. I don't care really. I just want to see the cool technologically advanced hawk civilization again and how they interact with Tamaraneans, the Kreion, the Omega Men, the New Gods, the Almeracian empire, and so on and so forth.
    Hawkman is lucky to even get one book...

If the rumors about DC doing their own "ultimate" univere are true, I think there's a chance we'll see the space cop versions there. If they do anything with the Hawks at all that is.

Extraordinary Member

Will Hawkman: The Changeling ever be fully released?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Since there's now a Hawk-topic I'll add I recently read the 2 collection books for the Geoff Johns run.

Really enjoyed it, made me more of a fan of the Hawks especially coming after my also enjoyment of the Venditti run. Carter is a badass during the Black Reign arc, sizing up against Black Adam like no-ones business. A true barbarian hero.

Astonishing Member

There really is no reason two Hawk couples can't co-exist. In current continuity, the Golden Age characters are previous incarnations of the modern age, but that could be undone. Wasn't there a pitch for a Hawkman story where Hector Hall was going to show up?

I've never been a fan of the Kendra version of Hawkgirl, so not very happy that she is the one currently in the spotlight.

HAWKMAN 9.jpgLove the Hol's Would be Great to have a Hawkman and Hawkwoman Ongoing.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Richard Howell cover.

ShadowHawks.jpg

Astonishing Member

I liked Howell as an artist, but he didn't have consistently good inking on his Hawkman series. Alfredo Alcala inked the mini-serires that preceded the ongoing -- and the art looked good. Dick Giordana inked the cover above -- and it looks good as well.

But part of the appeal of Hawkman & Hawkgirl/woman is that they are equal partners, married, and have a great relationship. When you lose one or the other, they are less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaroth View Post
    i prefer shayera hol and john stewart
    That was interesting but I disliked the way they did Carter.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Hawks in Egypt.

HawksEygpt.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why can't the alien sci-fi versions co-exist with the earth-based reincarnated ones?
    I always felt the perfect fix is just have the space version hide out on earth as the earth version. Space cop doing archeologist as a cover. Want them to serve on JSA as well, well they aren’t human so long life span, done

Geoff Johns' JSA had the best blend of HAWKWORLD and Earth HAWKMAN/GIRL/WOMAN mythology...

I do hold the post HAWKWORLD/WOMAN Shayera Thal who was still kicking ass until she got taken out during the RANN/THANAGAR WAR. She could have continued on even as a hawk-less badass. She and Linda Blake/Lady Blackhawk would have gotten along famously.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-21-2024 at 03:51 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

In my head, I always think Shayera, Zinda, Renee Montoya, and Maggie Sawyer would gym or Starbucks together often.