Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Sinister Sons #1 Preview

Sinister Sons #1 Preview
    Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
    Artist: David Lafuente

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Nice..tomasi doing supersons related content is a win for me.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

We can't get old school Super Sons right now so we'll settle for villain sons .

This kid doesn't know Sinestro is stuck on Earth, does he? Or is he going to meet Red Lantern Sinestro?

I dig it. Sinetro's son style.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I got a hunch it should came out during Rebirth, but DC steered away from Tomasi's Super Son concept and this story was left in a folder on his computer.

Tomsai said he had a ton of idea's that ultimately didn't happen due Super Sons being prematurelycancell ed to make way for Bendis.

Having Lor and Jon as rivals seemed like such a obvious direction to go at the time I'm sure a Sinster Sons vs Super Sons arc was planned.

Also bit out of pocket but there's something about the way David Lafuente draws feet that makes it really hard for me to get into his art.
    Last edited by walk; 02-11-2024 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I got a hunch it should came out during Rebirth, but DC steered away from Tomasi's Super Son concept and this story was left in a folder on his computer.
    Would explain why this is coming out when he is exclusive with Ghost Machine.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Tomsai said he had a ton of idea's that ultimately didn't happen due Super Sons being prematurelycancell ed to make way for Bendis.

Having Lor and Jon as rivals seemed like such a obvious direction to go at the time I'm sure a Sinster Sons vs Super Sons arc was planned.

Also bit out of pocket but there's something about the way David Lafuente draws feet that makes it really hard for me to get into his art.
    They should have left jon for tomasi to build.Now the character is useless and dumb.They can erase it for all i care...it genuinely pisses me of.two characters i loved in super franchise is completely taken apart.New52 guy and jon.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Maybe, but if the rumor that there’s a Zod event coming in 2025 is true, this might have been commissioned to help build up to that. It is spinning out of Zod’s banishment of Lor over in Kneel Before Zod after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I wonder how long this is going to go with Tomasi going exclusive. Probably a good 12 issues maybe.

If so hopefully the concept can keep going long after he's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I wonder how long this is going to go with Tomasi going exclusive. Probably a good 12 issues maybe.

Totally forgot he joined Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe, but if the rumor that there’s a Zod event coming in 2025 is true, this might have been commissioned to help build up to that. It is spinning out of Zod’s banishment of Lor over in Kneel Before Zod after all.
    Both can be true? This series will likely not reference much what is going on in Superman books so Tomasi probably just had to replace few lines explaining why Zod's kid is not with Zod. Kinda how Morrison had that random line about time travel in Superman and the Authority.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'm curious with how DC edited the story to fit in with whatever plans they have going on?

I did some research and I'll just post what I put in the Zod thread:

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I could've sworn I read an article that explicitly said it was an ongoing when they announced Sinister Sons but I can't find anything to substantiate that. The only thing I've found is that Lunar has it listed as six issues but nowhere else is it listed as such. It could sell well enough (which it probably will) it would get extended to 12 to match Zod like Green Arrow did before it became an ongoing.
    In another world where Super Sons was never cancelled, I'd pick Jeremy Adams to be Tomasi's successor. Hopefully Sinister Sons is another unexpected blow-away success and Adams would pick up where Tomasi leaves off.

Calling your parents by their first name to show how angry you are with them, I felt that.

Fun first issue though it's mostly set-up and recapping for those who didn't read the Green Lantern back-ups or the first issue of Kneel before Zod, Sinson and Lor don't even meet till the end so still unclear what their dynamic will be exactly going forward though you still get a sense of who both boys are, Sinson definitely going to be "Good Guy" of the pair as he's shown treating his mini Sinsetro corps friends well and while similarly ambitious lacks Lor's entitlement or anger issues or delusions of grandeur likely due to one of them growing up as a street urchin leaving them a lot more level-headed while Lor essentially been living the life of a spoiled prince.

Also how they relate to their parents will be a point of contrast, Sinson is in awe of the father he never knew and desperate to follow in his footsteps and finally meet the man while Lor wants to cut all ties with his parents and forge his own legacy outside of his father's shadow mostly just to spite him.