Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If she'd appeared in this era she'd probably be an Orchis commander.

Extraordinary Member

She was last used in the USAgent miniseries that came out during when Falcon and the Winter Solider premiered on Disney Plus.
    She was no longer involved in the mutant affairs. The government had her be John Walker’s boss.
    She also found herself as John Walker’s lover too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And almost twenty years later in real-world time, it even employed the Thunderbolts to take on the New Avengers right after they formed following Avengers Disassembled, if I recall right.
    Yeah...they have always been in an antagonistic role. They are the government body that is responsible for dealing with super humans. I think that can be turned around though.

I think they are a necessary government body with all the super humans running around as well as what is technically a super human arms race in the world. And I would like to see them with a group of their own super human agents who are not...

1. A group or mutant terrorists seeking a pardon
    2. A group of villains seeking a pardon
    3. A group of Hell Lord created super humans

They need to create a team of super humans who are basically the governments super human response team. All U.S. Citizens, and part of the governments military, law enforcement, intelligence or scientific agencies. And not a bunch of Avengers hired as the U.S. Avengers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She was last used in the USAgent miniseries that came out during when Falcon and the Winter Solider premiered on Disney Plus.
    She was no longer involved in the mutant affairs. The government had her be John Walker’s boss.
    She also found herself as John Walker’s lover too.
    Was that the one by Christopher Priest, subtitled "American Zealot"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah...they have always been in an antagonistic role. They are the government body that is responsible for dealing with super humans. I think that can be turned around though.

I think they are a necessary government body with all the super humans running around as well as what is technically a super human arms race in the world. And I would like to see them with a group of their own super human agents who are not...

1. A group or mutant terrorists seeking a pardon
    2. A group of villains seeking a pardon
    3. A group of Hell Lord created super humans

They need to create a team of super humans who are basically the governments super human response team. All U.S. Citizens, and part of the governments military, law enforcement, intelligence or scientific agencies. And not a bunch of Avengers hired as the U.S. Avengers.
    Fair enough, and I'd prefer they not be written as antagonists just because the U.S. government tends toward blatant corruption and outright criminality in its own right to justify the main protagonists remaining outside any formal structure or apparatus that would ensure some semblance of accountability for their actions. Then again, in the Marvel Universe, it's pretty much baked into the cake that the government can't be trusted to remember that the "human" part of "superhuman" means human rights apply to them, too, and with its prior history of having allowed, turned a blind eye to, or flat-out enabled previous efforts at "controlling" certain segments of the superhuman population that could be argued more as "genetic cleansing" . . . it's somewhat understandably a hard sell.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Fair enough, and I'd prefer they not be written as antagonists just because the U.S. government tends toward blatant corruption and outright criminality in its own right to justify the main protagonists remaining outside any formal structure or apparatus that would ensure some semblance of accountability for their actions. Then again, in the Marvel Universe, it's pretty much baked into the cake that the government can't be trusted to remember that the "human" part of "superhuman" means human rights apply to them, too, and with its prior history of having allowed, turned a blind eye to, or flat-out enabled previous efforts at "controlling" certain segments of the superhuman population that could be argued more as "genetic cleansing" . . . it's somewhat understandably a hard sell.
    Exactly. They are government agents responsible for super human investigation and response. Think NCIS with super powers.

I want a serious take on a government team that is not a bunch of bad guys being given authority to go after the heroes on the government's behalf.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-14-2024 at 07:17 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

Was that the one by Christopher Priest, subtitled "American Zealot"?

Yes. The one by Priest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In all seriousness, it actually does.

The writers of the X have chosen tribalism, full stop. And if the most empathic, oldest human supporting cast character was thrown under the bus for the sake of that, do you really think Val would fare any better?
    Great post.

Mutant allies under Claremont were vital.

It’s pretty much been 33 years of utter **** in the X-Books with the occasional interlude.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Great post.

It’s pretty much been 33 years of utter **** in the X-Books with the occasional interlude.
    David
    Whedon
    Wood
    Wells
    Gillen
    Yost

Age of Apocalypse is the only other good thing in three decades.

Mental.

Astonishing Member

Maybe she should become the Ambassador to Limbo. She had fun interactions with Havok during the PD X-Factor run as the government liason to the government sanctioned team of Mutants. Val thought she could transition to a less stressful Ambassador job till she get Limbo and has to deal with Alex and Maddy.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I thought Valerie fell out of good terms during X- Factor. I forgot why, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Great post.

Yeah, X-titles these days remind me of the first Taken or first Ace Ventura movies. Enjoyable if you can overlook the implicit messages therein.

Avoiding the nightmare the books have become lately.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, X-titles these days remind me of the first Taken or first Ace Ventura movies. Enjoyable if you can overlook the implicit messages therein.
    Tremendous.

I’ve never seen a franchise in comics so spectacularly get it wrong so much.

I think it’s fetishistic I even look at this forum.

Please show me just how horrible it got since Claremont left.

I feel like Lobdell's run was the last one where everyone was written in character.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!