Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Where is Valerie Cooper?

Whatever Happened to Valerie Cooper? I can't recall her showing up at all during the Krakoa Era seems strange that one of the major human players with such a close history with the X-Men would be more visible.

Incredible Member

Hanging out with Stevie Hunter, Charlotte Jones, Trish Tilby, Amanda Sefton and Dr. Kavita Rao.

After Valerie's involvement with the 198 concentration camp O don't see krakoans welcoming her with open arms.

Ultimate Member

She's a dirty, dirty human.

And they're only allowed in X-verse if they are in total awe of mutants or want to kill every last mutant.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

She's making her animated debut in X-Men 97 so she might make a comeback in the comics too. I'm all for bringing back the X-Men's human supporting cast.

It always seemed like Valerie's role got usurped by Brand.
    Last edited by JamJams; 02-10-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    She's making her animated debut in X-Men 97 so she might make a comeback in the comics too. I'm all for bringing back the X-Men's human supporting cast.
    ...you saw what they did to Moira, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...you saw what they did to Moira, right?
    One thing doesn't really have anything to do with another though, aside from the fact they're both homo sapiens individuals?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Hanging out with Stevie Hunter, Charlotte Jones, Trish Tilby, Amanda Sefton and Dr. Kavita Rao.

After Valerie's involvement with the 198 concentration camp O don't see krakoans welcoming her with open arms.
    Dont forget to send Annie an invitation to that party!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    One thing doesn't really have anything to do with another though, aside from the fact they're both homo sapiens individuals?
    In all seriousness, it actually does.

The writers of the X have chosen tribalism, full stop. And if the most empathic, oldest human supporting cast character was thrown under the bus for the sake of that, do you really think Val would fare any better?

Extraordinary Member

I always preferred Val in the wider context of the Marvel Universe as head of the Commission On Superhuman Affairs.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In all seriousness, it actually does.

The writers of the X have chosen tribalism, full stop. And if the most empathic, oldest human supporting cast character was thrown under the bus for the sake of that, do you really think Val would fare any better?
    That's the current era though, who knows what we'll get come July. I do see Val possibly being used in a more antagonistic role, which is how I believe she'll be introduced in X97, which is not entirety inconsistent with her character. An Amanda Waller kind of role could suit Valerie just fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post

The Quiet Council welcomed Mystique and Destiny into their ranks with open arms and look how that turned out... Instead of Raven taking out the Orchis hierarchy (or sabotaging the organization's plans) when she had the chance she chose to place Destiny's resurrection above the safety of Krakoa and all of Mutantdom...

And, as for The 198/District X, Valerie Cooper is Special Assistant to the President's National Security Adviser, and despite being an ally of Charles Xavier she is still a baseline human and like most baseline humans they need a ligament job to pay the rent. Hell, now that I think about it what if Kyle Jinadu is the traitor as he's one of the few humans living on Krakoa marriage to Jean-Paul notwithstanding?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I always preferred Val in the wider context of the Marvel Universe as head of the Commission On Superhuman Affairs.
    Wasn't the Commission on Superhuman Affairs (somewhat) responsible for Julia Carpenter's empowerment as the second Spider-Woman, who was placed with Mystique's Brotherhood during their temporary rebrand as Freedom Force working for the Commission as well?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wasn't the Commission on Superhuman Affairs (somewhat) responsible for Julia Carpenter's empowerment as the second Spider-Woman, who was placed with Mystique's Brotherhood during their temporary rebrand as Freedom Force working for the Commission as well?
    It was.

It also fired Steve Rogers as Captain America and placed John Walker (U.S. Agent) in the costume.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It was.

It also fired Steve Rogers as Captain America and placed John Walker (U.S. Agent) in the costume.
    And almost twenty years later in real-world time, it even employed the Thunderbolts to take on the New Avengers right after they formed following Avengers Disassembled, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.