Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Disney buy Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc. from Time Warner?

I feel that Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc. would be a good fit for Disney as they could finally obtained Hanna–Barbera's World of Super Adventure, that featured the Fantastic Four cartoon series. Imagine if Disney is able to revive Hanna-Barbera Cartoons. Do you believe that Time Warner will sell Hanna-Barbera Cartoons to Disney?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I feel that Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc. would be a good fit for Disney as they could finally obtained Hanna–Barbera's World of Super Adventure, that featured the Fantastic Four cartoon series. Imagine if Disney is able to revive Hanna-Barbera Cartoons. Do you believe that Time Warner will sell Hanna-Barbera Cartoons to Disney?
    Time Warner will not do this for the simple fact that Scooby Doo is a MASSIVE merchandise piece for WBD. They aren't gonna turn loose of Hanna-Barbera for that reason. Least of all the other properties anchor Boomerang as a channel too.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Disney doesn't do enough with the cartoons they have so even if WB did want to sell them I'm not sure Disney would be the best home for them.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Would they try? Yes, Disney knows that nostalgia is a powerful factor right now (even though they keep screwing up on that), so them at least offering wouldn't surprise me. But would they get it?

Hate to quote the entrance music to such an awful man, but, NO CHANCE IN HELL. And neither would I want them to Disney-fi it either. Which they have been doing to everything lately. So hard pass.

I don't think they can even afford to even if it was possible they are still trying to make the money back from buying fox/starwars/hulu plus they lost 500 million last year.

Boisterously Confused

I won't speak to "should," but I hope they don't. Too much is under The Mouse's umbrella now. I'd like other creative minds on HB. It's the sAme reason I hope DC is never swept under Feige

Astonishing Member

The answer to further media conglomeration should always be 'no'.

Astonishing Member

Wish that MGM had gotten Hanna-Barbara before Ted Turner did. We might still have a lot of great Hanna-Barbara TV programs today. Imagine if HB had gotten the license(from Hasbro) to do G.I. Joe and The Transformers back in the 1980's? That might had been a game changer for the company.

Why would Warner even thing about letting that IP go unless it absolutely had to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think they can even afford to even if it was possible they are still trying to make the money back from buying fox/starwars/hulu plus they lost 500 million last year.
    Not sure what they can afford but they literally just bought the fortnite franchise for 1.5 billion. And just paid 75 million for the rights to the Taylor swift concert film.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Not sure what they can afford but they literally just bought the fortnite franchise for 1.5 billion. And just paid 75 million for the rights to the Taylor swift concert film.
    Even more reson not to buy Hanna-Barbera I'm sure they made there money back from marvel and probably starwars but fox hulu fortnite Taylor D+ they aren't even close.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Even more reson not to buy Hanna-Barbera I'm sure they made there money back from marvel and probably starwars but fox hulu fortnite Taylor D+ they aren't even close.
    Umm your high if you dont think them buying that Swift movies pays off. And Disney isnt just marvel or Disney Plus. They reported a large profit last quarter and their stock has gone way up this year. People thinking like Disney is in some sort of trouble haven't followed the company or its ups and downs in the last 100 years.

That being said unless they could get that Hanna Barbara stuff for cheap they won't buy it. Other than Scooby Do they have little of value.

I don't think so.

Astonishing Member

Disney should focus on their current IPs before acquiring more. The MCU and Star Wars needs more attention before people lose interest altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Umm your high if you dont think them buying that Swift movies pays off. And Disney isnt just marvel or Disney Plus. They reported a large profit last quarter and their stock has gone way up this year. People thinking like Disney is in some sort of trouble haven't followed the company or its ups and downs in the last 100 years.

That being said unless they could get that Hanna Barbara stuff for cheap they won't buy it. Other than Scooby Do they have little of value.
    I didn't say any of that... point is they haven't made there money back from a lot things yet so probably not a good idea to spend billions more.