Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My mom made the worst pancakes. But damn could my dad whip them up like they are the breakfast of the gods. Sometimes he would put melted Peanut Butter in the batter. Or whip cream. God they were amazing. I hate the fact he has lost his ability to cook because I would love some of them right now.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-12-2024 at 01:25 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

My Mom made a lot of things in an iron skillet. I loved her sweet cornbread she made in the skillet that had a nice crust to it.

My grandfather would make us pancakes when he and my grandmother lived upstairs from us. Especially when our cousin Hillary would sleep over, Grandpa would sneak downstairs and leave a note on the refrigerator that there would be a pancake breakfast at his place. When we saw the note, my sister, our cousin and I would run upstairs in our pajamas, excited to have some of Grandpa's pancakes, bacon and sausages.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Mom had a recipe for pasta with tomato sauce and boiled egg from her high school home ed classes in the 50s. She and I were the only ones in the family who liked it, so it was our tradition whenever my brother and dad weren't around for lunch or dinner. She would get out her note book from high school and check the recipe written in her teenage handwriting.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I forgot another one that I loved. My mom would take cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, egg noodles and chicken and put it all in a crock pot. It was so delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I forgot another one that I loved. My mom would take cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, egg noodles and chicken and put it all in a crock pot. It was so delicious.
    It sounds wonderful! Especially for a cold or rainy day too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Attachment 137709

Cinnamon Sugar Flour Tortilla Rolls
    Attachment 137710

Quesadillas with Velveeta Cheese
    Attachment 137711

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Potato Salad - red potato, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, black olives, red onions, radish, cilantro, paprika, salt, and pepper.
    Attachment 137712

Ambrosia Salad - little marshmallows, sour cream, whipped cream, sweetened coconut flakes, mandarins, green and red grapes, and maraschino cherries. Sometimes she would add chopped pecans.
    Attachment 137713

Spicy Carrots - sliced carrots, valentina hot sauce, salt, and pickled jalapeno or banana peppers.
    Attachment 137714
    Last edited by a moment closer; 02-13-2024 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Mama could fry great catfish and she would make a tarter sauce with chopped up jalapeños in it. She would fry real sliced potatoes for French fries and season them (I never knew with what). It was one of my favorite meals.