Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Twisters ( doesn't feel like a sequel to the main actor and screen writer))

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-12-2024 at 05:50 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It is a sequel to twister with some of the cast back and daughter of the original characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It is a sequel to twister with some of the cast back and daughter of the original characters.
    Maybe OP just doesn't consider it worthy enough...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Never did understand the appeal of the original...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Disaster movies were much bigger back then before superhero, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies exploded, or Star Wars returned. Now who knows, when all those are on the bench or licking their wounds. People expect Dune, which is not Star Wars or related, to become the next sci-fi blockbuster. Maybe Twisters can break out. I want to support it at least because I liked the main from Where The Crawdads Sing.

No just respected what the people who are making the movie said. Apparently they just see it as a stand alone movie and not a sequel.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the...l-or-a-remake/
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    No just respected what the people who are making the movie said. Apparently they just see it as a stand alone movie and not a sequel.

Except- I saw Dorothy from the original movie in the trailer for the new one. And the fact that they are using the exact same font for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Even if it has nothing to do with the original it's still a sequel.

The only quote from that article is from Glen Powell, one of the actors. As far as "people who are making the movie" talking about the movie goes, I wouldn't take it that literally. I think he's just trying to say the film is its own thing without being reliant on Twister, which is clearly not what the people who put the trailer together were thinking.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

It's like Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II it doesn't really have anything to do with Prom Night I but it's still a sequal.

The actress is back from part 1 as well as some of the storm crew and a scene about the death of the main hero is confirmed to be in it. Dorthey 1 is in the trailer, and we have a rival stormchser yet again as well as a nod to them under the area avoiding the tornado from the first movie.

The main hero is the daughter of the last movies two main characters.

I love the smell of nitpicking in the morning. It smells like internet.

On topic, I liked the original and always wanted to revisit that particular movie universe so I’m in.

And it only took 28 years, so maybe in 2026 I’ll finally get that Deep Rising follow-up I’ve been waiting on.

Besides Glen Powell, the only other person who is on the same page as him is the screen writer, who has no idea what changes the director made to the script. I'll just sum this up as if it's not a direct sequel , then it's not a sequel in their eyes.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/twis...like-a-sequel/
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought it was a minor, but very fun movie. I didn't think much about it when I left the theatre, but while I was watching it, I thought it was quite entertaining. I did have a problem with Philip Seymore Hoffman's character, who I hated, but everyone else was good. Well, Jamie Gertz was just....there. They should have either cut her character and the very minor sub-plot she was involved in, or played it up a bit more; I was in favor of the former.

As for this movie; I'm of the opinion that if they wanted a sequel, the time to do it ran out with Bill Paxton's tragic death. You would have needed him and Hunt both to interest me, and it would have been better if done when they were a bit younger. I'm just not interested in a bunch of new characters playing the role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I love the smell of nitpicking in the morning. It smells like internet.

On topic, I liked the original and always wanted to revisit that particular movie universe so I’m in.

And it only took 28 years, so maybe in 2026 I’ll finally get that Deep Rising follow-up I’ve been waiting on.
    I like that movie. Not a huge amount, but it was a fun action horror movie. That said, MOST of my own fun came from watching Treat Williams and Famke Jansen. Famke's now much too old for such a movie, and Treat....

Honestly, I never was that interested in a sequel. For me at least, some movies should be one and done. But if they had made one for Deep Rising, it should have been at the time. They set up a sequel with them landing on what appears to have been a very bad choice of an island----that was natural sequel set-up. Can't do it now though. And as I've indicated, I was never that hot for a sequel.

Twister's story however had reached a natural ending point, unlike Deep Rising. I would have been content to leave it there, especially after all this time has passed. But hey, at least it's not another superhero movie.