Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I didn't recognize Kieran Shipka at first, probably because a lot of her stuff takes place in the past (Mad Men, Totally Killer, The Feud, White House Plumbers) or often had a slightly 'retro' aesthetic (Sabrina)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I like that movie. Not a huge amount, but it was a fun action horror movie. That said, MOST of my own fun came from watching Treat Williams and Famke Jansen. Famke's now much too old for such a movie, and Treat....

Honestly, I never was that interested in a sequel. For me at least, some movies should be one and done. But if they had made one for Deep Rising, it should have been at the time. They set up a sequel with them landing on what appears to have been a very bad choice of an island----that was natural sequel set-up. Can't do it now though. And as I've indicated, I was never that hot for a sequel.

Twister's story however had reached a natural ending point, unlike Deep Rising. I would have been content to leave it there, especially after all this time has passed. But hey, at least it's not another superhero movie.
    ^^^Yeah, I was only kidding about a Deep Rising sequel. Like you said, the sequel was set up but never happened, and now that window’s closed.

Twister though, by its very nature, can be sequeled; storm chasing is an ongoing thing, and families routinely have generations in the same occupation.

Don't forget pinky and the brain did a twister episode also. Pretty funny with the full movie's plot spoofed and ends with them blown to oz at the end from the big tornado at the end!