Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,714

    Default X-Men Monday #239 – 2024 Valentine’s Day Special

    A fun read with fun questions and answers. I'm going to highlight Brevoort's answers below but they're all great.

    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/12/x-...s-day-special/

    It’s here, X-Fans, my favorite time of year: Valentine’s Day. The holiday itself, I could care less about. But the opportunity it presents to ask creators ridiculous questions about the X-Men’s messy personal lives and character flaws — that’s the type of thing that makes my heart swell with joy.

    Also, this edition’s something of a collector’s item as it features Marvel Executive Editor and incoming X-Men editor Tom Brevoort making his first-ever X-Men Monday appearance.

    AIPT: In your opinion, what is it about the X-Men franchise that makes it such fertile ground for iconic romantic moments, heartbreak, messy love triangles, fan shipping, and so on?

    Tom Breevort: Over the last few years, it’s been a few hundred mutants all crammed together in close quarters on an island with nothing else to do but Make More Mutants. I mean, Krakoa doesn’t even offer cable packages. Prior to that, it was a series about young people boarding together at a school. The “fastball special” is an unofficial Xavier Academy tradition.

    AIPT: Who, in your opinion, is the most romantic X-character? (And why?)

    Tom Brevoort: Back in the day, it was the Beast, before he threw over human needs and desires in favor of science. Nightcrawler also had some moves, but he doesn’t really use them as often anymore. So these days, Gambit is the clear winner. Angel wants to be, but he’s mostly all talk. But Gambit thinks about this stuff.

    AIPT: Which X-character does everybody go to for relationship advice?

    Tom Brevoort: I think most everyone turns to Storm for her level-headedness — to the point where she kind of wishes that they’d stop. But she’d never turn away someone in need of advice. Everybody steers away from Professor X because he thinks he has all of the answers but he really doesn’t, as his own dating history proves. But the person they avoid asking ever is Cable, due to his straight-ahead tendency to jump ahead into the future and then come back and tell them how the relationship all went wrong. (95% of the time, it’s all Apocalypse’s fault! APOCALYPSE!!!)

    AIPT: Comic books only have so many pages and there are just so many mutants to focus on. So with that said, which X-character would you say has the most active off-panel love life?

    Tom Brevoort: Beak. Beak f*cks.

    AIPT: Well, on that note, it’s time for the final and most X-rated question in X-Men Monday history! Which X-Couple has the best sex life?

    Tom Brevoort: Rogue and Gambit pretty well have to be a lock on this one. Emma and Scott worked hard and tried their best to go beyond them, but could never quite manage it, and Havok and Madelyne are surprisingly vanilla. (And Wolverine tends to get all weepy after doing the deed, which makes him kind of a downer in the bedroom.)

    This week's eXclusive preview images!





    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  2. #2
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,714

    Default







    Thank you for serving up the cake, Luciano.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Braxxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Ewing calling Havok a sub doesn’t seem right considering how unhealthy that relationship is for him and how that relationship started

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    11,367

    Default

    That was DELIGHTFUL.

    Shout out to Foxe with the absolutely horrifying answer about Deadpool's hand.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    829

    Default

    From this interview, I found this part funny and I admit I would have loved to have seen this in some comics

    Steve Foxe: Northstar and Kyle. And I don’t mean holy matrimony. C’mon. We all know they’re perched at the Lagoon making eyes across the bar when they like someone’s vibe. Where do you think Pyro 2’s been since Krakoa started?
    Where is Pyro 2?

  6. #6
    Super Dupont Nicoclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

    Thank you for serving up the cake, Luciano.
    We can count on the gays to give us what we want.
    Noto's Emma is beautiful and honestly I would love him to do a Hellfire book, it would suit him way better than an action oriented book. He would have been GREAT on Immortal.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    From this interview, I found this part funny and I admit I would have loved to have seen this in some comics



    Where is Pyro 2?
    Completely forgotten by writers, I bet you.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    From this interview, I found this part funny and I admit I would have loved to have seen this in some comics



    Where is Pyro 2?
    His corpse made a cameo in X-Force when the Russian nesting dolls invaded.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    This must have been the horniest X-Men Monday ever and I'm here for it. I was also very happy to see Brevoort was along for the ride and hope he and his editorial team continue to make themselves available to Chris Hassan through the next era.

  10. #10
    Super Dupont Nicoclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    What a sausage fest.

  11. #11

    Default

    This part stuck out. Omitting the responses of other people in between the question and the relevant response.

    AIPT: Well, on that note, it’s time for the final and most X-rated question in X-Men Monday history! Which X-Couple has the best sex life?

    Jordan D. White: Tragically, Havok and Polaris — that is why they kept coming back even though it wasn’t a good idea for them. And they will never find that again, even though they know they can never get back together.
    Basically more proof that, throughout his time as X-Men editor, he saw Lorna through the lens of Havok and let that cloud his judgment on her actual interest and potential in her own right. I'm not saying that only because they're his pick for this question out of all possible X-Men, but because of the name order too. And then, of course, there's how he's presenting his personal desires here as if they're fact.

    Seeing this makes me even more glad that he's on the way out as X-Men editor. Maybe she'll have a real chance for good things going forward.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

    Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This must have been the horniest X-Men Monday ever and I'm here for it. I was also very happy to see Brevoort was along for the ride and hope he and his editorial team continue to make themselves available to Chris Hassan through the next era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    What a sausage fest.
    These were my first two thoughts. Like damn that was horny AND y’all really drove off all the women in your office huh?

    Also I have a sneaking suspicion Cantwell is gonna get an X-book in the new era. He’s made several X-Men Monday appearances (aka he likes the franchise), he’s worked with Brevoort in the past, AND he recently added Emma to the Illuminati.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    These were my first two thoughts. Like damn that was horny AND y’all really drove off all the women in your office huh?

    Also I have a sneaking suspicion Cantwell is gonna get an X-book in the new era. He’s made several X-Men Monday appearances (aka he likes the franchise), he’s worked with Brevoort in the past, AND he recently added Emma to the Illuminati.
    Which is kind of funny in light of Leah Williams probably being one of the more hornier female writers. Though we are getting Gail Simone for the Brevoort era and she likes her equal-opportunity cheesecake and horny characters .

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Anthony Oliveira got my vote for mentioning That Cover.

    “(The Claremont scene where Wolverine finds Kurt on his knees in prayer and they talk about the senses vs imagination and then slink off to ‘find a beer’ the night before they die is one of the hottest in comic history, precisely because Kurt dares Logan to give up the cynicism and the grim detachment and admit some honest vulnerability – there’s a reason that’s the scene that launched a thousand ships, at least one legendary Esad Ribic cover, and one of Hickman’s career-best death scenes).”

    Though I started slashing them years earlier when they shared the tent for several nights after defeating the Wendigo, couldn’t think of anything else they would do once all the beer got drunk.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    This part stuck out. Omitting the responses of other people in between the question and the relevant response.



    Basically more proof that, throughout his time as X-Men editor, he saw Lorna through the lens of Havok and let that cloud his judgment on her actual interest and potential in her own right. I'm not saying that only because they're his pick for this question out of all possible X-Men, but because of the name order too. And then, of course, there's how he's presenting his personal desires here as if they're fact.

    Seeing this makes me even more glad that he's on the way out as X-Men editor. Maybe she'll have a real chance for good things going forward.
    Or he was the reason that they hadn't gotten back together again and the new editor could see things differently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •