Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default ________ is a deeply underappreciated villain.

The Mad Thinker. Guy is such a stats genius as to nearly be precognitive. His mind is so out there he doesn't even care if he's in the slammer; he's got robotic avatars to do the field work (and take the physical risks) for him.

Going after him, or drawing his interest should test even the most serious of heroes who'd find themselves slogging through a veritable jungle of his traps, tricks and automatons.

I'd love a year long event where he wages war on Dr. Doom's various organizations and apparatus for reasons that wouldn't make any sense to anyone else.

This guy!

Marvel’s time travel game is weak, as it’s so dominated by Kang. Spread things around, Marvel!

Skein/Sybarite/Gypsy Moth

IMG_7738.jpg

Powers

Psychokinesis: Skein possesses the mutant ability to mentally manipulate materials and objects with her mind. Because all matter has a powerful and specific "texture" to her mind, she prefers to only manipulate "soft" substances like fibers and other malleable, yielding substances. (This preference extends to the point of her having a strong aversion to mentally touching anything hard or solid.) Thus she confines her manipulation to such substances as fabrics (both organic and synthetic) and organic tissue such as that of plants or animals. The maximum amount of material she can manipulate at once is equivalent to the amount of weight she can lift physically, about 120 pounds. She is able to make such gross movements as yanking 120 pounds of cloth across a room all at once or such fine movements as threading a needle from across the room. The range of her influence is about 50 feet.

Levitation - Skein may levitate herself by manipulating her own clothing. By concentrating, she can move through the air as if she were swimming, at up to a top speed of 20 miles per hour for periods of up to a half hour before tiring from the mental exertion. Her wings are strictly ornamental, not functional. She's not strong enough to carry anyone else while she levitates, however she can levitate another person, provided that person weighs less than 120 pounds.

Ensnare Opponents - Skein can constrict her foes using their own clothing and hair, or even control their gross movements, providing their clothes are durable enough.

Biophysical Control - Skein can control living organic tissue, causing muscles to cramp, skin to break, or blood vessels to burst or contract.

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sybil_Dvorak_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-12-2024 at 04:54 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Definitely, my choice would be Joystick

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Graydon Creed.

The human son of two mutants who happens to hate mutants… so much more you could do and explore with him.

Sphinx. He has reality warping powers and should be a cosmic level threat. Even the FF couldn't beat him and had to get Galactus to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

^^^A personal favorite and great pick.

You also reminded me to suggest…

…Screwball.
    A social media related character (who happens to be cute as a button) should be getting way more attention.

I want to say it was Egghead's Masters of Evil. With a team consisting of: Scorpion, Tiger Shark, Beetle, Moonstone, Whirlwind, and the Radioactive Man, I would think that with the correct writer, this team could've given a lot of super teams a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Sphinx. He has reality warping powers and should be a cosmic level threat. Even the FF couldn't beat him and had to get Galactus to stop him.
    Yeah, this guy is really powerful.

I would not mind seeing him again in a good multi-part story.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

You reminded me of the Scarlet Scarab.

Perhaps the two could team up?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hydro Man is another villain that is severely under appreciated.

Considering his powers he could be a very dangerous threat.

agreed.

I believe the last time he showed up was in the later aughts toward the end of the Nova run that came out of Annihilation... it was just after War of Kings and he was using "the fault" to defy physics and be able to have two Ka Stones in the same universe (not normally possible)...

he could come back looking for a different way of achieving the same thing... after years of research, he has come to believe a certain combination of other MU artifacts (TBD, but likely other "stones" and "crystals" of lesser power) will combine to be the equivalent of another Ka Stone, circumventing the need for two of them to exist simultaneously...

"can our heroes stop him and/or beat him to retrieving some of these artifacts, before he becomes too powerful to stop him at all?" ... etc etc

lots of options to avoid the overused Infinity Stones too: Bloodstone, the Norn Stones, Raptor Amulets, Kree Gravity stone (Moonstone), the Tallus, some Vibranium, etc...
    Last edited by Aarkus; 02-12-2024 at 05:10 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Seconded or thirded on Joystick. I always thought she had potential as an even more amoral version of the Black Cat, depending on how scrupulous and conscientious Felicia's feeling that day, to Ben Reilly's Spider-Man, and I also thought it was a wasted opportunity that she didn't come back during the Spider-Man Beyond saga. Hell, Beyond Corp could have brought back and sponsored the Great Game as a means to get enhanced fighters to audition for their "superhero development" and/or "supervillain development" programs, as per their ultimate plan to use superhero-on-supervillain fights to distract the general public from their evil machinations behind the scenes, with Joystick being part of the supervillain development program.

On the subject of 1990s Spider-Man villains that deserve another shot from being underappreciated . . . Carolyn Trainor, the second Doctor Octopus, now better known as "Lady Octopus." Given that she was a high-tech crime boss whose specialty lay in virtual reality-based technologies, and how VR has gotten a new lease on life in the last few years, albeit (re)named "the Metaverse," after Neal Stephenson's (post-)cyberpunk novel Snow Crash, I could see this being a ripe opportunity for her to make a comeback. Come to think of it . . . bring back Stunner, too, using her hard-light avatar as an allegory for how people tend to present themselves differently in cyberspace from how they actually are in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Hydro Man is another villain that is severely under appreciated.

Considering his powers he could be a very dangerous threat.
    Oh, definitely. The closest we got to that, I think, at least in adaptations, was the 90s Spider-Man cartoon where he was Mary Jane's high school boyfriend turned superpowered (and nigh-unstoppable) stalker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bastion: I always thought he had the potential to be a great adversary to the X-Men and beyond.

Nightmare: Should definitely be used more to live up to his name.

Doctor Faustus: Would love to see his methods applied to Daredevil or Moon Knight.

Jigsaw: Given his resiliency against the Punisher, he should be a much more credible threat. Definitely should have been prominently featured in Gang War.

Deacon Frost: Always appreciated the dark, nightmarish aura he possessed.

Count Nefaria: He's always checked all of the boxes when it comes to someone who should be a massive threat.

That was going to be my number one pick! Shame they never do anything with her.

My second pick would be Graviton. The dude is massively OP and has some crazy and insane feats for a supervillain that isn't an alien or has godly sorcerer abilities. Surprisingly for such a powerful guy he's not used very often and gets overlooked in the 'top supervillain' department. He held the entire superhero community hostage in the Earth's skyline for crying out loud. How is this guy not a more used Avengers foe? I'm surprised he hasn't been considered for a MCU movie yet, he'd be a awesome movie foe to fight.