Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Marvel and DC republishing their 90s crossovers?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...uding-amalgam/

I hope this is true, there's a few of the one shot crossovers I missed out on as a kid. And maybe this'll lead to new crossovers? A Batman/Moon Knight crossover with Capullo on art, please?

Totally happy about this. Those crossovers were some of my favorite stories. I used to spend hours in the Borders book store reading the compilations. Batman/Punisher II, Captain America/Batman, Spider-Man/Batman, Superman/Silver Surfer, those stories blew my mind as a kid. There was nothing better than seeing Marvel and DC crossover.

Of course my favorite Marvel/DC crossover was the Marvel vs. DC/DC vs. Marvel stories which eventually lead to Amalgam. That was the ultimate in superhero team ups.

Thus, I'm happy to see all of that available again. Heck, maybe I'll start to read all those stories again as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

it's certainly amusing.

But I'm glad that Marvel finally came out with their own Spider-Boy. Which is how it should be. (shouldn't have taken this long).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Totally happy about this. Those crossovers were some of my favorite stories. I used to spend hours in the Borders book store reading the compilations. Batman/Punisher II, Captain America/Batman, Spider-Man/Batman, Superman/Silver Surfer, those stories blew my mind as a kid. There was nothing better than seeing Marvel and DC crossover.

Of course my favorite Marvel/DC crossover was the Marvel vs. DC/DC vs. Marvel stories which eventually lead to Amalgam. That was the ultimate in superhero team ups.

Thus, I'm happy to see all of that available again. Heck, maybe I'll start to read all those stories again as well.
    It would be neat if they did two omnibuses. One for Amalgam, and one for the published crossovers. For the crossovers one, I would also add the kind of crossovers that happened in the early 70s during the Rutland Halloween parade that involved Avengers, Justice League of America, and Beast (Amazing Adventures), the Steve Skeates Aquaman/Sub-Mariner non x-over, and the 90s Green Lantern issue (#87) which features Access and led into Unlimited Access. I would buy both.
    Last edited by SturdyMike89; 02-12-2024 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Ah, Borders. Those were indeed the days. However, I wonder if the Marvel/Wildstorm crossovers will also be available under the 90s Marvel/DC umbrella, as Wildstorm has long since been folded into DC. If so, my personal favorites were Spider-Man (Peter Parker)/Gen13 and Spider-Man (Ben Reilly)/Backlash.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

We need the heroes reborn / wildstorm issue 13s as well as the 70s wizard of oz crossover books.

Oddly the hulk ricks wedding issue with dc comics death making an oked by dc cameo is still allowed to be printed by marvel. Then there is the unofficial cameo from barry flash in quasar.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    We need the heroes reborn / wildstorm issue 13s as well as the 70s wizard of oz crossover books.

Oddly the hulk ricks wedding issue with dc comics death making an oked by dc cameo is still allowed to be printed by marvel. Then there is the unofficial cameo from barry flash in quasar.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I totally blanked on World War 3. Good catch! Of course, we should also include then Team X/Team 7, Deathblow/Wolverine (which is a great story anyway), both Generation X/Gen 13 crossovers, and of course all of the X-Men/WildC.A.T.S. crossovers. I just know that I am missing something but yes that would be all cool to collect.

a lot of new Marvel and DC characters have debuted since the 90's crossovers.

I have been waiting for Winter Soldier/Red Hood crossover. or Nova Corps/Green Lanterns crossover. Maybe the Green Lanterns also can cross over with the Guardians of the Galaxy including Star Lord, Groot and the Rocket Raccoon.

How about Young Avengers/ Young Justice crossover?

Owing to the time period the teams appeared in, I think YA would be more likely to crossover with Teen Titans. The Young Justice revival however, matches up with when Champions was active. In fact in the Heroes Reborn event Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Nova had a one-shot where they essentially took the roles of Wonder Girl, Robin, and Teen Lantern!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I totally blanked on World War 3. Good catch! Of course, we should also include then Team X/Team 7, Deathblow/Wolverine (which is a great story anyway), both Generation X/Gen 13 crossovers, and of course all of the X-Men/WildC.A.T.S. crossovers. I just know that I am missing something but yes that would be all cool to collect.
    I know, right?! As already mentioned, Barry Allen: The Flash appearing in 616 is still a personal favorite.
    Would love to see the creatives/TPTB somehow expand upon this beyond just a brief occurrence...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-13-2024 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Amazing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ver-omnibuses/

Confirmed. Two omnibuses. No JLA/Avengers although that has to be on it's way separately, and I believe the Amalgam omnibus is missing some content unless its just this listing that's incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ver-omnibuses/

Confirmed. Two omnibuses. No JLA/Avengers although that has to be on it's way separately, and I believe the Amalgam omnibus is missing some content unless its just this listing that's incomplete
    You are right. Magneto and the Magnetic Men are missing. So is JLX. Two of my favorites. Loved the Unlimited access as well. Always wished the original JLA from issue #1 fought the original Avengers from issue #1. Hulk vs Martian Manhunter, Thor vs Wonder Woman would have been really cool.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    You are right. Magneto and the Magnetic Men are missing. So is JLX. Two of my favorites. Loved the Unlimited access as well. Always wished the original JLA from issue #1 fought the original Avengers from issue #1. Hulk vs Martian Manhunter, Thor vs Wonder Woman would have been really cool.
    In fairness, it is common for listings of omnibuses and trades to accidentally omit some material. I am sure both companies are going to hear from fans who want complete reprintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Owing to the time period the teams appeared in, I think YA would be more likely to crossover with Teen Titans. The Young Justice revival however, matches up with when Champions was active. In fact in the Heroes Reborn event Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Nova had a one-shot where they essentially took the roles of Wonder Girl, Robin, and Teen Lantern!
    Excellent point. Young Avengers are close in age to the Teen Titans. Young Justice kids' ages are compared to that of the champions.

Like I said, many new characters have appeared in comics after the 90's crossovers. Some of the characters including Carol Danvers have also adopted new codenames.

I don't know if DC has an equivalent to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Or Marvel's equivalent to Sinestro Corps, Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns and other Lanterns.

I'd love to see Rikki Barnes and Supergirl encounter. Both are teenage girls who escaped from their doomed homeworlds to Earth where they struggled to adapt to their new lives.

Both Bucky Barnes and Jason Todd have died, were resurrected and adopted new codenames to reflect their cynical outlook and ruthless methods.

No wildstorm stuff like gen 13 and gen x and no world war 3 also.