Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Legion's Marvel counterpart is the Starjammers.
    Not the Starjammers. The Shi'ar Imperial Guard. They are direct counterparts to the Legion.

DURRRR.. Butt DA 90's w'Ere Da wUrst Decade!

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself

Wow this smacks of depression. DC and Marvel couldn't live with their own failure to appeal to the mythical modern audience. Where did that bring them? Back to the 90s. I guess they figured of that you can't buy comics with tweets? The 90s got tired of watching the 2010s and 2020s **** the bed and said "Fine, I'll do myself"
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-15-2024 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct ruined my Thanos qoute
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    DURRRR.. Butt DA 90's w'Ere Da wUrst Decade!

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself

Wow this smacks of depression. DC and Marvel couldn't live with their own failure to appeal to the mythical modern audience. Where did that bring them? Back to the 90s. I guess they figured of that you can't buy comics with tweets? The 90s got tired of watching the 2010s and 2020s **** the bed and said "Fine, I'll to of myself"
    I don't have any figures (at least not since Marvel cut-off Diamond) but aren't comic sales now higher than they were in 1997 when some of these were originally published?

I assumed he was still in jail because it was a six year sentence and it's not been six years yet (he should've been due out in the autumn this year). Early release shouldn't be happening. Build more prisons!
    Then ask the taxpayers.

Unfortunately, he is not the only sex offender that was released early. Other sex offenders have been and will be released early from prison, too to reduce overcrowding in prisons. It is not unusual for them to serve at least two-thirds of their sentences, which Gerard Jones did. He served only 4 years out of the six-year sentence.

For example, On May 25, 2022, Josh Duggar was sentenced to 12 years and seven months in prison. His earliest possible release is October 2, 2032.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't have any figures (at least not since Marvel cut-off Diamond) but aren't comic sales now higher than they were in 1997 when some of these were originally published?
    The fact that no one can seem to get sales figures might be a hint.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I was really excited about this until I heard the collections are going to be $150.00 each.

It's cheaper just to buy the original issues if I'm feeling that nostalgic.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Sales are higher becaues of inflation and price per comic book. What you would really need to look at is units sold to determine if they're actually higher now than in '97. My hunch is that in '97 the units sold was still higher than today, but I could be wrong.

I'm still waiting to see an amalgam of Winter Soldier and Red Hood, both were former superhero sidekicks who grew up into cynical adults after having died and come back to life.

Amazing Member

Might we see the Amalgam characters vs the Infinity Warp characters in the future if demand is there for more Amalgam?

Yeah, Bucky was originally a Robin knock-off, and his resurrection does have similarities to the second Robin, so that would be a good match.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Bucky was originally a Robin knock-off, and his resurrection does have similarities to the second Robin, so that would be a good match.
    Bucky has one more thing in common with Dick Grayson. Both men have adopted their mentors' mantles as Captain America and Batman respectively.

I find it curious why Bucky hasn't appeared in Amalgam comics, including Super-Soldier comic book. Jimmy Olson showed up in that book, I think but not Bucky?

Bucky was not a regular character back then. He was a "dead in the origin story" guy (dead in the incident that froze Cap), and his golden age adventures were all forgotten.

Omar said in today's stream dc is the ones printing the omnis and the comics listed are placeholders. They have not yet finalized what issues will be in them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Bucky was not a regular character back then. He was a "dead in the origin story" guy (dead in the incident that froze Cap), and his golden age adventures were all forgotten.
    Yeah, he didn't become Winter Soldier for another decade or so. There was no real equivalent for him to merge with either - Superman has only very recently gained sidekicks (his son, who's already graduated to become another Superman, and his adopted Super-Twins), the closest thing back then would've been Kara Zor-El, Supergirl - but she was also dead at the time.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-18-2024 at 07:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman