Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

some animated adaptations of these stories need to happen, sooner rather than later. Lock the lawyers in a room and force them to make the deal happen. Zaslav and Iger are both eager for wins considering the outcomes of recent modestly-performing projects and bad publicity from mergers and layoffs.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Loved Batman/Cap and Batman/Spider-Man. I own these. I also have Batman/Daredevil but it wasn't as good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Not the Starjammers. The Shi'ar Imperial Guard. They are direct counterparts to the Legion.

Not a fan of Jim Lee's change to Oracle. Those shoulder pads! The Cockrum version was prefect to me -- and came from an unused Phoenix design. I think the Manta character was an original character without a Legion equivalent -- also applies to Warstar and Hussar.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Jim Lee is doing a new cover for the Amalgam Omnibus:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Loved Batman/Cap and Batman/Spider-Man. I own these. I also have Batman/Daredevil but it wasn't as good.
    Good for you, Mon Ami. Personally, my favorite will always be Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights from Chuck Dixon/JRJR/Klaus Janson (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-23-2024 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

On the plus side, Batman/Daredevil did have some amazing Scott McDaniel artwork at least.

Second half is marvel vs dc.

Too bad that Frank Miller didn't get to do Daredevil/Batman in the 1980s. I'm not sure what it'd be like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Legion's Marvel counterpart is the Starjammers.
    Not even remotely close. The Legion is not a band of space pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Not a fan of Jim Lee's change to Oracle. Those shoulder pads! The Cockrum version was prefect to me -- and came from an unused Phoenix design. I think the Manta character was an original character without a Legion equivalent -- also applies to Warstar and Hussar.
    Warstar and Hussar are indirect counterparts of Duo Damsel (two characters who are symbiotically linked as one vs. a character who can split into two bodies) and Dream Girl (look at the similarities between their costumes).

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    On the plus side, Batman/Daredevil did have some amazing Scott McDaniel artwork at least.
    I'm not particularly fond of retcons, but I loved that Matt & Harvey attended Columbia University together (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."