Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is weird to me that Spider-Woman's (Jessica Drew) film rights are owned by Sony. I am not an expert on her character, but doesn't she have more to with SHIELD?

The similarity of her name and eye-lenses to Spider-Man is enough to make her considered Spider-Man adjacent, I guess.

I could see why Sony has Julia Carpenter's film rights though, even though I think she was an Avengers character originally IIRC. Her original costume is very similiar to Venom's design, and she even becomes Madame Web, later on.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 02-19-2024 at 10:18 AM.

I guess it depends on how the deals were originally written.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess it depends on how the deals were originally written.
    They can use characters created after the deal. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to make movies that focus on Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They can use characters created after the deal. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to make movies that focus on Miles Morales.
    I know but knowing how the deals were originally written would give us a better framework for what they can and can't use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No. The Spider-Verse movies that proudly use the Spider-Man name wouldn't be possible otherwise.

They just seem to have an agreement with Marvel that the Holland movies are the Spider-Man movies at the moment. But there's no legal issues actually stopping them from making another new live-action Spider-Man film with a completely different cast if they really wanted.
    Oh yeah...totally forgot about that I guess because the Spider-Verse movies are animation, I didn't think of them that way.