Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    Right now, the human governments are the bad guys siding with Orchis...
    We just went through that with Rosenberg and the X-Men were less kill happy.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We just went through that with Rosenberg and the X-Men were less kill happy.
    well to be fair at least 1 or 2 of them was dying every issue. Magik and Wolverine killed. Kwannon killed. Hope definitely tried to kill. Blindfold killed herself
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-15-2024 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Marvel may have Werneck chained to a chair so he can't jump out the window after reading Duggan's scripts.
    "When I realized Lucas [Werneck] was taken off "Immortal X-Men" and went over to "Fall of House of X," I talked about who would do the "X-Men: Forever."

https://www.looper.com/1518762/marve...n-krakoan-era/

Yeah this was absolutely a forced, last minute choice. Which is so odd, because writer/artist familiarity is a huge thing that can really enhance the work. As much as I love Silva on RotPoX, Werneck and Gillen clearly had a good thing going.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cyclops and Jean have not interacted with each other in like 7 months. Im not sure what opportunity there would have been for them to be all lovey dovey and reference it considering she is dead and he's been detained
    X-men 30 has Cyclops having sex with Jean in a burning room, and chatting about the current state of affairs. He asks if it is real, and she reassures him that this is real.

X-men 30 purposefully uses the imagery of Cyclops x Jean in love, as a comparison/parallel to Talon x Synch in love. You could argue that the Cyclops stuff is in the past and they are currently on the outs, but regardless the author is foregrounding them as lovers as of a few issues ago.

Fall of House of X has Cyclops believing entirely in the reality that Jean will save him.

Regardless of whether Cyclops is having a psychotic break and imagining things, or if Jean is in fact talking to him somehow from the White Hot Room, the inescapable fact is that Cyclops is not feeling like he is separated from Jean. Somehow, whether it is just Cyclops in his own head or Cyclops and Jean, the rift in their relationship is being treated as if it never existed.

If you had an argument with your significant other about putting down your pet, and then separated because of that, you can be dang sure that if you are arrested 7 months later, your immediate thought would not be that your significant other will post bail for you. Well, I guess if you still share finances...

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    X-men 30 has Cyclops having sex with Jean in a burning room, and chatting about the current state of affairs. He asks if it is real, and she reassures him that this is real.

X-men 30 purposefully uses the imagery of Cyclops x Jean in love, as a comparison/parallel to Talon x Synch in love. You could argue that the Cyclops stuff is in the past and they are currently on the outs, but regardless the author is foregrounding them as lovers as of a few issues ago.

Fall of House of X has Cyclops believing entirely in the reality that Jean will save him.

Regardless of whether Cyclops is having a psychotic break and imagining things, or if Jean is in fact talking to him somehow from the White Hot Room, the inescapable fact is that Cyclops is not feeling like he is separated from Jean. Somehow, whether it is just Cyclops in his own head or Cyclops and Jean, the rift in their relationship is being treated as if it never existed.

If you had an argument with your significant other about putting down your pet, and then separated because of that, you can be dang sure that if you are arrested 7 months later, your immediate thought would not be that your significant other will post bail for you. Well, I guess if you still share finances...
    That scene was very vague and open to interpretation. At the very least he was dreaming and I believe he's been focusing on her as a defense mechanism to cope with the trauma of what he's going through. We know she's dead and the Phoenix Force is bleeding out so no I dont beleive she is actively having rendezvous with him

Lets say it is real. Why the heck would they be discussing the Brood? He has been held captive for months. Most of the mutants are believed dead and/or dispersed and Orchis has been trying to break him. Honestly why would he be concerned about the Brood at this moment (which isnt really a mutant issue and not directly tied to their fate with Orchis). Its not computing

As for your final point, you may have forgotten but Scott and Jean reconciled in X-men 24. She told him she was leaving the X-men as they shared a passionate kiss and told him to join her if he chooses to do the same. We see them next as each other's dates at the Gala. There was no rift between them prior to her death. They resolved their issues and were prepared to leave together to focus on their marriage. She appeared to him as she was dying and reaffirmed her love
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-15-2024 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    "When I realized Lucas [Werneck] was taken off "Immortal X-Men" and went over to "Fall of House of X," I talked about who would do the "X-Men: Forever."

https://www.looper.com/1518762/marve...n-krakoan-era/

Yeah this was absolutely a forced, last minute choice. Which is so odd, because writer/artist familiarity is a huge thing that can really enhance the work. As much as I love Silva on RotPoX, Werneck and Gillen clearly had a good thing going.
    I hope one day we'll find out what was happening behind the scenes. Right now, my best guess is that the Brevoort takeover came out of nowhere, and either him or Marvel wanting a clean slate by July completely screwed whatever the original plans were for Fall of X and what was supposed to come after.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I hope one day we'll find out what was happening behind the scenes. Right now, my best guess is that the Brevoort takeover came out of nowhere, and either him or Marvel wanting a clean slate by July completely screwed whatever the original plans were for Fall of X and what was supposed to come after.
    It makes sense with how things shook out honestly. Immortal went into the Hellfire Gala talking about doing elections for the Quiet Council but 99% the impact of that is gone because we know its over before the fall out of that happens. We had things in stalling out in X-Men while waiting for the Gala and now it feels like we're missing story beats because so many things have to happen off panel.

I thought this issue was okay. Better than the 1st issue anyways. Lorna stole the show, seeing Logan, Pete and Kurt working together was cool again. I am curious about Cyke and Gregor also. Not as good as Rise, but enjoyable.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

This pricey "event" book could have just been a regular priced X-Men title for all it doesn't accomplish. Gerry Duggan is the God of low effort. Lucas Werneck's art continues to decline having to work with Gerry Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Ahhh, in that I 1000% agree with you all !
    It's just not in Kurt's character to kill someone like that (unless it was Destiny/Mystique's genes kicking in there :P )

For everyone else, killing Orchis goons was fair game imo
    What Orchis did during the gala (and almost every single one of its action tbh) is inexcusable, so I wont judge the X-men for going 1000% no mercy-mode against them

ETA: typos
    It IS destiny. She’s using Kurt’s guise because… er… I got nothin’.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch has been able to recall the powers of anyone he's spent a signficant amount of time around. Since they were teammates for a year, he has Iceman's powers as part of his powerset. This development was revealed in the 2022 Hellfire Gala

Nah, Ev wasnt synching to Bobby as he wasnt present. He was using his recall power
    And taking one step that much closer to death.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 02-17-2024 at 10:56 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Yeah this isn't good. Echoing everyone else, Werneck's art is very poor here. If it's looking this rushed and sloppy in issue #2 God knows what it will be like by 5! It also shows up the poor pacing/structure of the Orchis threat. Gregor, Devo and Omega Sentinel have all been pushed aside so it feels like we have had nothing but Stasis, Modok and the ridiculous Moira bot. When you consider how Hickman's Inferno juxtaposed Karima and Moira's stories only to then have Moira just become a one dimensional copy of her, I just think of missed opportunities. I don't think Gregor has been seen for over a year before this finale? She should have been a major part of this whole era!

Gillen said in an interview that fox was supposed to last 1 year normally but was shortened to a few months... probably because of marvel and the arrival of brevoort, result everything seems rushed what a waste once again what they did the x-office (the horrible x-death of wolverine how did they feed moira to percy?) after hickman's departure is almost self-sabotage.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Gillen said in an interview that fox was supposed to last 1 year normally but was shortened to a few months... probably because of marvel and the arrival of brevoort, result everything seems rushed what a waste once again what they did the x-office (the horrible x-death of wolverine how did they feed moira to percy?) after hickman's departure is almost self-sabotage.
    It could've been a year if we didn't have the waste of time Fall of X last year. It's a failure 3 their making.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    It is going almost a year (Aug 2 to May 29). Quite frankly it feels like its been dragging on and we still have a few months to go