Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

I’m ready for all this to end. It’s pretty obvious they are rushing to get everything tied up so the timeline is a mess, with glaring plotholes and things that undermine the narrative.

1) Amber shouldn’t hold Nimrod for this long. And we saw him already free last issue, but he just got unstuck here? Wtf. All by the same writer too.
    2) The X-Men went from not knowing where Polaris was to now her being privy to the discussions in the tunnels, but then no one bothers to tell her that Firestar is not a traitor before this issue?
    3) The flow of them bringing back Manifold felt too abrupt with 0 lead up so the moment just doesnt land. Besides Synch could have just copied his powers and we have seen him copy Magik’s powers so there’s still plenty of teleporting that could be done if they need to.
    4) The coffee cup is so overplayed. It kills any sense of urgency when a character has time to go get some coffee and complain about it.

Overall this issue somehow managed to turn me off this series more than the 1st.
    Last edited by Tank; 02-14-2024 at 10:07 AM.

Unless Werneck had a very tight schedule, there's no excuse for delivering art in such a rushed manner. I found it a bit distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I’m ready for all this to end. It’s pretty obvious they are rushing to get everything tied up so the timeline is a mess:

1) Amber shouldn’t hold Nimrod for this long. And we saw him already free last issue, but he just got unstuck here? Wtf. All by the same writer too.
    2) The X-Men went from not knowing where Polaris was to now her being privy to the discussions in the tunnels, but then no one bothers to tell her that Firestar is not a traitor?
    3) The flow of them bringing back Manifold felt too abrupt with 0 lead up so the moment just doesnt land. Besides Synch could have just copied his powers and we have seen him copy Magik’s powers so there’s still plenty of teleporting that could be done if they need to.
    4) The coffee cup is so overplayed. It kills any sense of urgency when a character has time to go get some coffee and complain about it.

Overall this issue somehow managed to turn me off this series more than the 1st.
    Synch mentioned that it was time to give Lorna the green light in the most recent issue of X-men so they definitely know where she is. I think the last time she was mentioned before that was X-men 25, the issue right after the gala where Kitty was saying they needed to find her. They did so off panel somewhere in the last 6 months

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch mentioned that it was time to give Lorna the green light in the most recent issue of X-men so they definitely know where she is. I think the last time she was mentioned before that was X-men 25, the issue right after the gala where Kitty was saying they needed to find her. They did so off panel somewhere in the last 6 months
    Point still stands. They did all this planning supposedly, but no one said oh be sure not to try and kill Firestar because she’s on our side. That’s a pretty important detail.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    in retrospect im kind of shocked they didnt sprinkle in Alia Gregor in more during the Krakoa era. Or even Devo. Whatever his name is.

It ended up just being Karima, Nimrod and then they brought in Stasis and the red dude. Cant think of his name.

In regards to the art he was taken off Immortal and then just thrown on to this.

He's doing the best he can being in another country and all IMO they should have gave him more time instead of doing the last minute changes.
    Alia was only around because of Hickman. Stasis and FeiLong were introduced to make ORCHIS actually feel like threats cuz Nimrod was carrying the whole crew. I forgot MODOK joined them.
    "Cable was right!"

Even in the circumstances the story has set up, Kurt bamfing someone into space with a sinister grin on his face is so ridiculously out of character, and really uncomfortable.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Even in the circumstances the story has set up, Kurt bamfing someone into space with a sinister grin on his face is so ridiculously out of character, and really uncomfortable.
    This moment also was jarring to me.

And the Cyclops bits with Jean mentions are getting overplayed at this point too. It was something that was an interesting “oh what could that mean?” To now it’s on full repeat with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I understand the criticisms of this, but I loved the Polaris bits. Lorna's always been impulsive, so seeing her deviating from their plan to bring the Brood, really worked for me.
    There’s an odd amount of “deviating from the plan” going on in just over 2-3 issues.

First Rasputin goes off script. Then Lorna, then Gambit and Rogue. Rogue going rogue is probably something Duggan thinks is clever.

For such a major significant battle, the X-men sure are playing fast and loose with plans, and not caring whether Cyclops dies or not. I guess the resurrection mechanisms have screwed up their priorities.

The Lorna scene was gorgeus, and really enjoyed it !
    Wish I could say the same for the rest..
    Like almost everyone here said already, everything felt extremely disconnected from each other, and rushed to hell

Also, I find funny how they mentioned Iron Man #15 events, an issue that wont be released until Feb 28th

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    There’s an odd amount of “deviating from the plan” going on in just over 2-3 issues.

First Rasputin goes off script. Then Lorna, then Gambit and Rogue.

For such a major significant battle, the X-men sure are playing fast and loose with plans, and not caring whether Cyclops dies or not. I guess the resurrection mechanisms have screwed up their priorities.

Everything felt all over the place but to be completely fair on the X-men, they had no way of knowing Rasputin would go off script like that, as it was basically Charles' fault (because of his top-secret plan against Enigma)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    The Lorna scene was gorgeus, and really enjoyed it !
    Wish I could say the same for the rest..
    Like almost everyone here said already, everything felt extremely disconnected from each other, and rushed to hell

Also, I find funny how they mentioned Iron Man #15 events, an issue that wont be released until Feb 28th
    That gave me a good chuckle. The timeline is definitely wonky but hopefully it all starts coming together.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

First Rasputin goes off script. Then Lorna, then Gambit and Rogue. Rogue going rogue is probably something Duggan thinks is clever.

Consdering we know Synch has access t Magik's powers, it makes no sense when he doesnt just teleport to where he is and snatch him

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow this was a lot more eventful than I anticipated! I thought Duggan showed great skill here in juggling multiple fronts, settings and characters. It all felt pretty well-coordinated with what was established before and also what went down in other books.

I also enjoyed his character work and dialogues especially for Lorna, Emma and Logan... although I'm not sure Kurt should just casually murder Orchis people. Lorna, Logan and even Peter frankly these days I can buy, Kurt not so much.

The timeline / pacing is so off I don't even know how to judge the book or books. And the art definitely feels rushed. It's such bare minimum work on all sides its hard to enjoy. I've enjoyed Duggan's run more than most but he is being stretched too thin and the books are obviously being rushed to the relaunch to tie with Deadpool and 97. I'm love the Krakoa era and hope it doesn't exit with a whimper.

Also, bummed no big moment of Iceman's return.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Kurt smiling while killing random orchis henchmen did not set well with me.